Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone watch the SOTU?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to turn it off. Watching the sisterhood express open solipsism got annoying.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never watch those - I think they're always stupid, no matter who is president. Just a lot of cheerleading and empty promises and exaggerated claims. It used to be sent to Congress in a letter from the president. I'd be fine with bringing that back.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched it and it was a great window into the soul of America.
More like a window into the soul of the Beltway. Most Americans are preoccupied with their own problems, and probably don't care about these morons and their daily soap opera.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The participation rate for voters is on the rise, while viewership for things like the superbowl is on the decline.

More and more are waking up and getting involved in politics to one degree or another.
The last election had the highest participation of any off-year, non-presidential one since they began keeping records after world war two....which is how the Dems took the House. Voter participation works against Republicans and in favor of Democrats. My undergrad was in poly sci and I remember learning that years ago. At the time in my state, there was a big fight over allowing voter registration at the dmv. Republicans fought it. They have always tried to reduce voter participation. Georgia's voter ID law where they deny voters with any typos or misspellings on their id is one current example. The Dems wanting to make election day a holiday is another. Mitch McConnell called it a "power grab." The more people vote, the more Democrats are likely to win. To be fair, maybe those new voters are ignorant and lazy, but to admit that requires coming off the stance that 100% participation is the ideal scenario.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the holocaust survivor recognition strange. It'd be like Russia honoring an American Civil War survivor. None were recognized during Harry S. Truman's SOTU in 1947. He talked about transitioning from a War economy into a Peace-time economy.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2016 was also the largest turnout voterwise in a Presidential election and is why Trump won.

Nobody cared about the House this year, the Senate was where the real power was to be secured in this last election.

The screams of horror and salty tears when Ginsburg gets replaced will bring me such happiness.
You’re just bitter Republicans got their asses kicked in the midterm.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asses kicked, by gaining senate seats???
You lost the popular vote in the Senate by 19 million votes... nearly 20% of all Senate voters. The Senate is a countermajoritarian institution created during slavery to give land-rich slave states more voting power.

Gotta love American “democracy” where the losers with less votes can rig the rules to win elections.

For you less than critical thinkers and those not from America, how can Republicans gain seats while losing 60%-40% in the Senate? They win a bunch of states by small margins then get blown out in most of the populous states like New York, California, and Pennsylvania, New Jersey, etc. (states where people actually live). Our democracy is a joke.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's usually a backlash effect at most midterm elections.

I've never seen the left (or the right for that matter) as filled with pure hate as they are for Trump. I watch Saturday Night Live, which has always bern a liberal show. But now, lot of the time, they don't even bother to write a joke, they just make an anti-Trump political statement, and the New York crowd goes wild. And they have been salivating at the idea of impeaching him from the start.

I'm curious to see if Trump can win another term, or if he will even run.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've never seen the left (or the right for that matter) as filled with pure hate as they are for Trump. I watch Saturday Night Live, which has always bern a liberal show. But now, lot of the time, they don't even bother to write a joke, they just make an anti-Trump political statement, and the New York crowd goes wild. And they have been salivating at the idea of impeaching him from the start.

How do you think the left should handle a president that was illegitimately elected ?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He has something like 100 million bucks in his campaign coffers already, before dipping into his personal money...or foreign donors :) .... other recent presidents at this point only had a few million. If you sign up to get free tickets to a Trump rally, then you get email solicitations to give Trump money. I realize all politicians do that, but he pitches people hardcore for donations as little as $5. He's got money out the wazoo, but he really needs that five bucks to fight the liberals, he says.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Republics and you just called a Republic a democracy.

Make up your mind.

Let me help you.
A republic is a democracy. How can you right wingers be so clueless about everything? Republics are democracies. Not all democracies are republics. Your rediculous statement is analogous saying that you’re a human, not a mammal. Get it?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ivanka IS the New York crowd. She doesn't really like her daddy, but he does all her bidding. She's like the clean woman in his life, he'd never fvck her, so he holds her up as if she were his own wife, not Melania.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you think the left should handle a president that was illegitimately elected ?
Pfft. Parties have been accusing the opposition of stealing elections since before I was born. The year I was born, the Republicans accused the Democrats of stealing Illionois for Kennedy. I used to be more interested in politics, but most of it is nonsense, so I don't waste my time much anymore. And for the record, I voted for a third party candidate, as I usually do when I don't like the choice.

Why do you think Trump's election wasn't legitimate? Because of the popular vote or because the Russians released some of Hillary's emails?
For a, our system doesn't work like that. And b, if she didn't want people to see them, she shouldn't have written them.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think Trump's election wasn't legitimate? Because of the popular vote or because the Russians released some of Hillary's emails?
For a, our system doesn't work like that. And b, if she didn't want people to see them, she shouldn't have written them.
Lets think.... Why is most of the Trump campaign headed to prison?