Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why even a trained fighter is fvcked against multiple attackers

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adrenaline dump is the other issue. Going full tilt crazy, most people only have about 60 seconds of gas in their tank. You see that a lot in youtube street fight vids. Both guys start sucking air about 30 seconds in.
I can agree with this. But for someone who isn't a trained fighter, maybe this would be a better approach? Basically hope you can win with rage in a minute, otherwise you're fvcked anyway.

you dont need to worry about an average guy being able to grab you and take you down in a street fight if you trained for a decent time in boxing. youre going to understand distance and have the movement skills necessary to avoid this. if the guy IS trained in some type of wrestling, youre probably going to lose regardless unless youre a wrestler yourself but again, most guys in martial ats tend to avoid street fights to begin with. a wrestler on the ground, submitting one person is in a VERY vulnerable position. i very much doubt anyone would willingly place themselves there in a street fight

you cant go by one example. randy couture wouldve got knocked out cold by toney in the ring. its actually the other way around. we have a saying in boxing that mma is for guys who cant cut it in boxing. there is far far more guys that went to mma from boxing than vice versa.

like i said, a trained and experienced fighter is always going to be relaxed. most people have no clue what it even feels like to be punched in the face or punching another person. and when they do find themselves in a fight, their adrenaline and rage easily makes them go into a frenzy. very dangerous to everyone around them and themselves, especially if weapons are involved.
The thing is wrestling is somewhat prevalent. High schools have this as a sport so a lot of people who do this learn these techniques. Boxing is more a of niche sport and has to be seeked out separately if you wish to learn it.

You are incorrect of more guys going to MMA from Boxing. Most MMA fighters actually have a wrestling background, as I said it's more prevalent in youth.

Although a little old ,here is a great video debating MMA vs Boxing:

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually when UFC started Wrestling wasn't even in the "accepted martial arts choice" ... wrestlers had to put their martial arts in the "other" category.

Now, most of the champs have a wrestler background. Wrestling was proven to be just as efficient as BJJ and give just has more cardio.

It's well made for a sport.

UFC and Boxing arent "street" ... nothing come close to the "street".

Sure UFC has more "options" but it's still a sport.

Most UFC fighters aren"t "pro" in any art.

Look at Floydmayweather the boxer destroying McConor.... McConor couldn't even punch back or stand on his feets.

Some fighters are great athlete, it takes a lot of cardio.
Boxing and Wrestling are among the most demanding martial art "training" .

Everyone needs a striking + a grappling martial art to be "complete"

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Boxing is much more effective when fighting multiple people. I have no idea why he grappled them both at the same time.

It's not about being a trained fighter. The key is which martial arts you've chosen to use in a given situation. I agree with you however. I am not an advocate of violence. For the average person, it is best to avoid confrontation.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking specifically about the crossover between boxing and mma guys. most guys with boxing backgrounds go to mma than mma guys go to boxing
I don't know that to be true..

imo no combat sport should be called a "sport" its clearly above a sport level. its its own thing

we have a saying....you play basketball, football, baseball. you don't play boxing

https://goo.gl/images/4ByFjS

https://goo.gl/images/UxOm4R

https://goo.gl/images/iz9ozA

not to mention all the guys that get brain damage and parkinsons. I think in the last 2 years we lost a dozen guys in the ring. and those are the ones that make the news. Freddie roach is still a living example. and guys like mosley and toney among hundreds of others are all punch drunk and cant speak properly anymore
Absolutely true, boxing is brutal.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
To win. U must be a hunter. When u hunt, ur prey must not know and must be taken by surprised.

Anything else is plain stupidity + luck.