Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where to Start

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How come theres no flat BB bench?
only incline, and then DB flat/decline bench.

reasoning?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Triple T said:
How come theres no flat BB bench?
only incline, and then DB flat/decline bench.

reasoning?
I am pretty sure Alex is the one that originally laid it out.

In general guys on this board are looking to put on some muscle and get stronger. The incline bench is a safer exercise, and better for chest mass than the flat bench press. It will also get you stronger.

If however you are going to powerlift- you wil need to do some flat benching (not to say incline will never have its place).

You can do flat barbell bench and then incline DB if you want- this may be a logical step anyway if progress has slowed/stopped.

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I'll be sure to post a Journal once I start this routine next week.

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Max Testing (basically testing your strength to see the progress and allowing your body some deload time).

How do i do this Max Testing and what is deload time?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KidwithSocks said:
Max Testing (basically testing your strength to see the progress and allowing your body some deload time).

How do i do this Max Testing and what is deload time?

Here is how you do Max Testing

Deload time is pretty simple. Just do %80 for all lifts for a whole week. That means lift less :) Basically deloads should be taken every 4-8 weeks all depending if you are not breaking any new personal records on lifts. For instance...you haven't progressed on your bench and deadlifts...do a deload next week and come back ready for action. Lifting heavy week to week puts a lot of strain on the body. Once every couple months taking off a week is good too.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I think it depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your work out. I think the work out listed above would be great for getting ripped, but I think for bulking up it wouldn't be as effective.

For guys out there that are especially skinny and have a fast metabolism, it's important to do 7-8 sets for a given muscle group and put up roughly 8 reps at the most weight you can possibly do.

Dieting is definitely the much more important factor at hand here, when I was bulking up, I was eating roughly 4000-5000 calorie a day.

-Kevin

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kevin Feng said:
For guys out there that are especially skinny and have a fast metabolism, it's important to do 7-8 sets for a given muscle group and put up roughly 8 reps at the most weight you can possibly do.
Source?

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
Let's say your 5'8 200lbs. Start with training hard. Exercising will induce a metabolic shift: the fat will magically turn into muscle.
fat dos not turn into muscle.

astridLo.46

Reaction score
I want to start with doing some physical exercise but I barely do not know where I should start. Currently I thought about subscribing in a health club and looking there for a professional support but I think this is very expensive. Due to this I decided to start on my own but I do not know which exercises are best for newbies like me. Would appreciate some guidance. thx in advance

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool dude...I don't think he meant it quite that way. Check out Stronglifts.com

SenorBenuardo

Reaction score
Hello. Newbie here.

I've signed up to my local gym but didn't want to throw myself into it without solid research first. Hence the reason I stumbled across this site. Firstly, thanks for a lot of fantastic advice. It's much appreciated.

I'm about 6-8lbs overweight. Nothing to worry about of course and, in fact, I've always been naturally large. I was born 10lbs as a baby! I've got a decent frame and I want to tone/bulk up.

The problem is, the gym I go to - which, I might add, is fantastic in terms of its price and extras (free gym and hall entry for basketball, five-a-sides and badminton etc) - doesn't have free weights. Only machines. So the advice in the opening post is only so much help to me unfortunately. Is there any alternatives. I do have a set of weights at home but they are only 15 and I've exhausted them to the point where I feel they do little for me.

Any help would be happily received. :)

SenorBenuardo

Reaction score
Thanks, but I have joined a gym. It's just it doesn't have free weights. There are machines to work each muscle group, but without free weights, I obviously can't do the compound exercises that so much of the opening post puts significance in. Can I achieve the same results by just focusing on the same muscle groups, but just doing different exercises?

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
martialartsplanet.com all your questions are answered there!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For option B add 3x10 abs to the end of each workout, pick any ab exercise.

Wan-Solo

Reaction score
Hi there, first time posting and long time reader. I have a quick question. I don't have a gym membership, and all I have at home are a set of dumbells and a chinup bar. Maybe a resistance band somewhere lol. Is there any way I can do these exercises at home?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Get a gym membership. You'll never put on the muscle you want with a pair of dumbbells and chinups. Get a car, job, find a gym that has the right equipment, and THEN come back here to make a journal and start up.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a quick question:

I started the program with the first option, that is the one linked on the bodybuilding forum.

Now, altough I did only easy weights on the first day my legs got sore. If I heard right, you should not train if your muscles are still sore. So what should I do for my second workout, as squats are in it also?