Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where does the alpha go?

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know what happens to the pre- wall/post-wall woman and there is substantial documentation and debate on almost every phase of a females life up until death. But..

Where does the alpha go?

What phases if any does he experience in his life whether he's in a relationship, an ltr that he ends, or being single long term. What happens to him in each circumstance?

Depending on how he plays his cards, the choices he makes, and the life he chooses for himself what if anything can we expect the elusive alpha to experience?

Discuss.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know what happens to the pre- wall/post-wall woman and there is substantial documentation and debate on almost every phase of a females life up until death. But..

Where does the alpha go?

What phases if any does he experience in his life whether he's in a relationship, an ltr that he ends, or being single long term. What happens to him in each circumstance?

Depending on how he plays his cards, the choices he makes, and the life he chooses for himself what if anything can we expect the elusive alpha to experience?

Discuss.
We all end up worm food eventually. I will comment based on my father (the most alpha man I knew) who died in April.

An alpha male makes friends throughout his childhood and youth. Those friendships often (in my father's case) lasted a lifetime with him as the ring leader. He's popular in school and looked up to. He dates the best women & life is replete with opportunity.

In his higher education days and/or military career he continues to make friends he will have for the rest of his life, he will determine his passion/purpose in life and he will achieve his aims with efficiency. He will have a good time while doing this and also stay focused on his life's ambitions. He will HAVE life ambitions.

If he chooses marriage/family he will select a suitable woman, marry, and enter into a traditional patriarch's role. He will demand to be the protector, provider and leader of the family. He will continue to garner respect and accomplishment in his chosen field.

My father was a tremendous trial attorney who won before the US Supreme Court and served as an assistant state attorney general as highlights of his career. He cared about principle and character more than money and once worked 2 years without billing a single client after he got a large windfall in a big case. He took on volunteer pro bono cases throughout his career and was revered by his colleagues.

He does as he pleases where women are concerned.

My father married 3 times. My mother was his second wife for 20 years. My step mom was his mistress while he was married to my mom & after my parents' divorce he married his mistress/my step mom & they were together 30+ years. He also had other flings along the way despite being a leader in his congregation. He saw women as necessary to cook, clean, raise children, maintain the home, entertain, run the errands, and do his bidding. He was always the unequivocal leader at home. If he didn't get sex at home he got it elsewhere. He died with my step mother by his side.

He had only daughters (which he didn't hide his disappointment about), and he thought girls ought to be raised to be wives and mothers. He never allowed any of his wives to work outside the home and he never gave control of family finances.

He maintained his hobbies and friends and interests and did as he saw fit as far back as I can recall. He didn't take his women on vacations other than family trips, didn't do date night, didn't buy fancy gifts unless on the rarest of occasions. He felt the women were lucky to have HIM and his provisioning.

He was a physically imposing man, dashing good looks, extremely intelligent & successful.

Even til the very end he constructed his life circumstances to suit himself. He withdrew attention and made demands if his dictates were not followed.

He thought women were flighty, emotional and not terribly sensible. There were only 3 he respected and listened to consistently in his life. One was his elder sister, one his best female friend (plutonic) since the 50's, and his oldest daughter (me). Earning his respect, friendship and ear is something I valued above almost everything else. I had to work like hell and show deep character to earn his respect.

Men my dad admired included the following:

John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, Winston Churchill, Martin Luther, George Patton, Jesus, Steve McQueen, Charleston Heston, Pope John Paul. He also admired Margaret Thatcher.

He was never afraid of telling it like it was, no matter how unwelcome what he had to say was to the other party. He was a gentleman.

People either adored & respected him or they thought he was an ass hole. And not much middle ground in between. He'd shrug his shoulders about that & say "you can't please everybody and its foolishness to try."

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Well let's see.......

here we have the "alpha buddha" from the rational male

then we have him 7 years later

I guess it's all perception

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an interesting study of alpha male transitioning in the book, "Chimpanzee Politics"

https://www.amazon.com/Chimpanzee-Politics-Power-among-Apes/dp/0801886562

The alpha starts to get weak, and there is a machiavellian type collusion to topple him from power. Everybody knows he's about to get knocked off except for him. The authors (scientists who objectively study primates) even used the term "machiavellian." And how the process happens (the toppling of the alpha primate by a collusion of male and female chimps) is one of the reasons the book got the title.

In the natural habitat of the primte, alphas seem to get old, weak, lazy and stupid. Then another alpha takes over.

I would guess that most human alphas are alphas for reasons out of their control or awareness. It all depends on circumstances, as alpha traits in humans is largely situational.

The idea of the Peter Principle might be applicable. Alphas keep alphaing their way up the alpha food chain until they can't alpha any more.