Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When does the "Good Burn" happen?

AlexKaiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on my starting workout sessions, and notice that the pain that comes from going "beyond" makes me want to stop, but doesn't give me the "good burn" anymore, or whatever rush you get when you're straining yourself and exercising healthily. I just get this hesitation to stop, not go further. Is that normal? Does it take time to get that endorphin hook?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no "burn" needed to grow. That's broscience.

Burn is simply a build-up of lactic acid. Ideally, this should only happen if you're running a 400m sprint; an extreme combination of aerobic and anaerobic stress.

Muscle growth actually comes from getting stronger - either in intensity or endurance. There is no need to feel "burn" or train to failure. Simply increase the effort ~3-5% per week, work out 3 times per week, and you will have growth. The body responds to increase in effort.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the best pumps in my biceps, triceps, and shoulders. I feel it most when I go high-rep. (About 15).

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
8-12 repetition is the sweet spot for hypertrophy. If you can go beyond that with strict form, then increase the weight until you can't go over 8. Also practice going slow on your negatives. Have total control of the movement and don't let gravity assist you.