Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When do you know what you want in life?

Dan Bautista

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I'm going through a stage (mid-teens) where I'm confused as to what I want to do in life. I'm watching a police documentary and the next thing I want is to become a police officer. Next day I'm completing my school course work on mathematics and want to become a mathematician. I take a break from the school work to watch boxing and I decide I want to become someone like Muhammad Ali.

I'm sure most of you have gone through a similar period in your life. How do/did you know? What did you do to know?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend finding your strengths (what you are REALLY good at, not what you WANT to be good at), and then researching fields that utilize them. I'm talking CORE strengths, not really the details. Take it one step at a time. What fields are you best at in school? Are you good with your hands? Etc.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You can't know what you want in life until you find out that the **** you did isn't what you want to do in your life - your mid 30s. You know how they call it the mid age crisis, well that's it baby.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Some men take time to find it, others know sooner. I had jobs in five different fields before I opened my business at age 31.
The important thing for you now is to not get locked into a field with a job you might hate later in life. There's nothing quite like going to work every day with a mental resentment about your job and thoughts of what could have been.

If you plan on college after HS and you still don't know when that time comes, it actually may be wise to get out in the work force for a few years first and check things out.

Look for something you really like doing that can become your mission and passion. It may take some time to find.

Last edited:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I recommend finding your strengths (what you are REALLY good at, not what you WANT to be good at), and then researching fields that utilize them. I'm talking CORE strengths, not really the details. Take it one step at a time. What fields are you best at in school? Are you good with your hands? Etc.
^This is so spot on.

You can't really go wrong with following your strengths.

The problem with simply "follow your passion" is it MIGHT lead you down a path that you have no natural talent for, and you just pursue it because it sounds cool. The risk is that you might put a huge effort in and AT BEST be mediocre/average at it and horrible at worst.

But if you put effort into what you are naturally good at, you can really shine. And you'll get the satisfaction of succeeding. Or even if you fail, you can bounce back because the gift/talent is still in you.

So start with what you are good at FIRST and then filter or narrow it down based on interests and what makes you happy.

I don't think I EVER found my "true calling," but I stayed with my gifts/strengths and have no regrets.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
U. Just know. For me it was November 2004 I went to breeders cup in texas lone star park. I mean there are race horses and then there is horse racing royalty. Seeing juddmonte colors, seeing Ouija board who is literally owned by English royalty win the filly turf, ashadow who T the time was the richest racing mare in history storm flag flying winning the juveniles filly, the same race her mom my flag won which wad the same race her mom personal ensign won, just looking at literally the best bred race horse if all time right in front of me, then ghostzapper beat the best cast of horses ever assembled in record time and not even take a deep breath afterwards I just knew horse racing was going to play a major part of my life for the rest of my life. I didn't want that day to end

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
People usually don't need a guidance in life, at least in America. I want to provide some guidance. Money wise man. Because money is the ****, you can't argue with that. Truck driver, if company you get about 60k per year before tax, if owner operator that number is doubled plus more, because as owner operator you work more, you can expect 150k. Check out Red Viking Trucker on youtube. For me personally perfect job, I get to see American, all of it, and I make money. Gosh man, I want to see it all. There is also another field, electronics, like cell phone repair, just because I am doing that in another country. This is also good money, I do not know how good in USA, but it should be at least 80k per year in its ****tiest case.

What kind of **** do you do for life?