Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is your weight/bench?

willysquared

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just turned 16 last month, I've been lifting with Hammer Strength equipment for about a year and a half.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 205 lbs
Max Benchpress: 300 lbs

I have found that the kids with the highest benchpress, are the short little squatty looking guys with short arms, who only have to lift the bar like 6 inches in order to do one rep. The tall dudes usually have a harder time getting their benchpress higher.. All I can say is, do incline, do decline, do shoulder work, and do tricep work, as well as regular benchpress. Oh yeah, and eat alot of protein.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i weigh anywhere between 150 and 165 and i can always put up 250lbs without much strain.

i do 225 for a set of 4 for my best

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
I weigh about 205-210. I can put up a little over 400. I powerlift at the collegiate level and there are plenty of guys in my weightclass who can put up more than I can.

Another important factor, beyond weight, is age. Men of about 30 are going to be a lot stronger than teenagers. The US Open records that were posted earlier are usually from guys who are around 28 years old.

Getting a huge benchpress has a lot to do with the mechanics of your bone/joint structure, some to do with how well your nervous system responds to heavy resistance, and some to do with your form. You don't necessarily have to have a huge chest to put up a lot of weight, although the two often go hand in hand. Bodybuilders look stronger, but powerlifters are stronger.

Drixsa could have that combination of squat and deadlift. I know a guy who weighs anywhere between 181 and 198 lbs (depending on the weight class he's training for), can deadlift 600 lbs, and can only squat like 380. Some people just aren't good at some lifts.

ranger655

Don Juan
Reaction score
Big bench

Weight 140 bench 225
would be a bit higher by now but i got sick and because i was probably on the verge of overtraining this caused me to be ill for a while. but no excuses. the mind is stronger than the body.

yeah your right bodybuilders look like monsters but they work out differently than a powerlifter would. a bodybuilders mission is to split the fibers and gain as much muscle as possible. by really recruiting all the fibers in the muscles it requirs hours of training to work the entire muscle. this causes more muscle to be made.

A powerlifter on the otherhand will lift for strength. using relativly short workouts while using heavy weights. this causes the same amount of muscle to be worked every time without recruiting more muscle fiber.the opposite is used by bodybuilders who want to recruit as much muscle as possible to be worked. Powerlifters thicken the muscles and tendons and makes them smaller but stronger. a bodyduilder has a large amount of small fibers.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, powerlifters don't tend to have short workouts. We may do fewer sets on a given bodypart, and we eschew a lot of the pretty-boy muscle exercises (bicep curls, etc.), but the longer rest period between sets more than makes up for the time. I actually spend more time in the gym during the powerlifting season than I do during the offseason, when I switch to a bodybuilding type of routine.

ranger655

Don Juan
Reaction score
ooh okay i see what your saying. yeah i just know that powerlifting takes alot more out of you and such. so do you powerlift and bodybuild. if so i was wondering how you started out. im 17 right now and have only been lifting for about a year but in five years i will be a champion.:cool:

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa, sounds like we got killers in here. Anyway...

Height:6'3
Weihgt:160
Max Bench:215

At one point two months ago i was up to 225, i should be doing at least 260ish IMO. BUt the time will come. The strength is coming back nicely:D

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ranger655
ooh okay i see what your saying. yeah i just know that powerlifting takes alot more out of you and such. so do you powerlift and bodybuild. if so i was wondering how you started out. im 17 right now and have only been lifting for about a year but in five years i will be a champion.:cool:

I started lifting when I was 13 or 14 for football. I continued on a steady regimen of 40 yd dashes, bb bench, bb incline bench, power cleans, and squats, with the occasional auxilary thrown in until I was about 16. Then, I got a membership to a gym other than my h.s. gym, and began diversifying my workout. I was still playing football until the end of high school, so some of my workout was still focused on that, but most of it was about making my body look good.

My freshman and sophomore years of college I was on a strict bodybuilding workout. My junior year, one of the powerlifters at my university noticed me doing squats at the gym and invited me to workout with them. After a few workouts, I decided to join the team. The years of bodybuilding and training for football made me instantly competitive at the collegiate level.

So, yeah, that's my story up to now. You can switch between powerlifting and bodybuilding, but you need to know what you're doing and even then each style tends to damage the gains in the other. Cutting for bodybuilding can really mess up your powerlifting performance.

Do your research, put some sweat in, and after five good years of lifting either style you should be pretty damn strong and good looking.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
1RM 285

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
bodyweight 200 lbs, bench 600 lbs!

I'm better than ALL of you! :eek:
Well, good for you, you should be proud. But a word of cauiton: you do realize that excessive muscle mass is not attractive to women, right? They see really muscled guys as being too interested in themselves... and maybe not as seriously interested in the girl.

Hmmm... best I ever did was weight 175, 250 bench. Now I'm like at weight 175, and I can curl 12 ounces repeatedly.

markk30

Don Juan
Reaction score
weight-- 138
Bench- 235

I amaze myself. I think i can do this because when i first started to work out, all i did was bench (in grade school, how much you benched was showing how strong you were). But then i started to train properly by working out all my muscles. I have a big chest with some "ok" arms.