Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What If Trump Was Set Up?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bear with me...I'm not a Trump apologist at all. I don't follow politics much, but this story about intelligence "leaks" (Trump bragging) is pretty intriguing.

I read that it could result in impeachment, or a security apparatus that must keep secrets from the president in order to protect the country. Those aren't the only two choices obviously. But it got me thinking.

What if the NSC and/or military intelligence brass somehow put him up to this because they knew he'd do it? And not only that but they knew if he blamed it on them he'd sound even dumber/more irresponsible/impeachable than people think. What if the Military Industrial Complex and the Deep State have had it with Trump already, and are hanging him out to dry? Is that crazy?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are way behind the curve here, but that is understandable since the majority of people in this country are also. Yes, the "deep state" intelligence agencies, specifically headed by the CIA, are and most definitely have been rogue for a long time. Trump never fit into their plans and yes they are trying everything they can to disrupt his term in office. The thing is, Trump doesn't take this sh!t lying down and fights back and that's exactly what I and a lot of other people in this country want.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing that could happen for this country is the impeachment proceedings dragging on for the next four years, so that nothing gets done in Washington. Pence is a shill for the Republicans; he'll approve anything they send him if he is president. Impeaching Trump to make Pence president will only make things worse for all of us...unless you are among the ultra-rich who fund the Republican party. Then you should impeach Trump immediately so you can ram through a giant tax cut for wealthy people, which is what Trump wants to do but is too stupid to accomplish.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Pence is guilty. Ryan too. We'll be saying hello to President Hatch after all this. Or maybe we will let Dwayne Johnson have it a few years early.

As for the "Trump was set up" scenario the only one setting anyone up in said theory is Trump and his big mouth. And if he's the president and we can't trust him with classified memo I welcome his being set up.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Pence is guilty. Ryan too. We'll be saying hello to President Hatch after all this. Or maybe we will let Dwayne Johnson have it a few years early.

As for the "Trump was set up" scenario the only one setting anyone up in said theory is Trump and his big mouth. And if he's the president and we can't trust him with classified memo I welcome his being set up.
What exactly did Trump say with his "big mouth"? That the U.S. has reasons to believe that ISIS is planning to blow up planes with laptop bombs? This is not exactly news; the U.S. has already implemented a ban on laptops in airplanes. And even if it was news, the people who put the safety of intelligence sources at risk are not Trump but those who leaked the details of Trump's conversation with Lavrov.

All of this makes wonder: how many people, exactly, were present during Trump's meeting with the Russians? It should be pretty easy to figure out who leaked to the press.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly did Trump say with his "big mouth"? That the U.S. has reasons to believe that ISIS is planning to blow up planes with laptop bombs? This is not exactly news; the U.S. has already implemented a ban on laptops in airplanes. And even if it was news, the people who put the safety of intelligence sources at risk are not Trump but those who leaked the details of Trump's conversation with Lavrov.

All of this makes wonder: how many people, exactly, were present during Trump's meeting with the Russians? It should be pretty easy to figure out who leaked to the press.
He supplied the source of the intelligence in an open meeting, which compromises the source. It's not illegal, of course, and the media are in a tizzy about it. Like Danger said, Obama did it, and I'm sure other presidents have too. It may shut down an important pipeline of information. Some people have suggested Israel (nation in which intel originated) will be less likely to share intel with us now, but come on...we'll just put a stop order on the next shipment of bombers and see how they like that.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly did Trump say with his "big mouth"? That the U.S. has reasons to believe that ISIS is planning to blow up planes with laptop bombs? This is not exactly news
That's simplistic and wrong. In fact when that travel restriction was first made specific information was held back due to it's sensitivity. Trump's problematic "big mouth" did not simply say ISIS was attempting to use laptop bombs, but he referred to a specific plot in a specific city as told by a specific ally to a specific enemy of said ally. Congressional staffers and intelligence sources are saying it compromised intelligence sources and safety of sources in the field. It directly harms American safety.

And even if it was news, the people who put the safety of intelligence sources at risk are not Trump but those who leaked the details of Trump's conversation with Lavrov.
MUH LEAKS!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pence is a shill for the Republicans; he'll approve anything they send him if he is president. Impeaching Trump to make Pence president will only make things worse for all of us...unless you are among the ultra-rich who fund the Republican party.
Hmm, I agree the left should be happier with Trump. Pence would ruthlessly pursue a right wing agenda with the aid of a Republican legislature. The left should be careful what they wish for. It's not like if Trump is impeached, Obama or Hillary takes office.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, I agree the left should be happier with Trump. Pence would ruthlessly pursue a right wing agenda with the aid of a Republican legislature. The left should be careful what they wish for. It's not like if Trump is impeached, Obama or Hillary takes office.
If we are assuming Pence doesn't go down with Trump I can't imagine a Senate, either Republican or Democratic dominated, would then go along with the Vice President of the man impeached in such disgrace. He would be the lamest of ducks. And his party would proceed to lose control accordingly.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We share secrets with allies all of the time.

So why would this be an issue? Especially since Obama did it before?
Nah, Obama never leaked anything like this. Certainly not like Trump did to his criminal conspirators.

But, if it makes you feel better, you could try to impeach Obama. :rolleyes:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how it was a leak and I don't see who is the criminal conspirator?

Barry said we should share intel with Russia.
It was a leak because it was considered "code word" as in "super secret." Granted those are stupid names but the point remains it was way above Trump's actual pay grade and considering his continued lack of discipline and small-I intelligence he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near it. His criminal conspirators are members of the Russian government, the people his campaign colluded with to "hack" the election.

I have no problem with sharing intell with Russia. Just not stuff that can impede our future big-I Intelligence capabilities.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If we are assuming Pence doesn't go down with Trump I can't imagine a Senate, either Republican or Democratic dominated, would then go along with the Vice President of the man impeached in such disgrace. He would be the lamest of ducks. And his party would proceed to lose control accordingly.
When Nixon resigned (before he was going to be impeached), no one blamed Ford (his VP) for it. The Congress was Democratic then though, so there wasn't going to be much cooperation anyway. But the Republican party did pay the price in 76 when Carter was elected.

Clinton was impeached, but that didn't really affect him at all.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I think there is a point or a line between normal and retarded, and if you want to impeach Donald Trump for his great work as president, you crossed that line.

Let's trade presidents, you give us Donald Trump and we give you Putin, for short time only, you can also have entire house with Putin.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He supplied the source of the intelligence in an open meeting, which compromises the source. It's not illegal, of course, and the media are in a tizzy about it. Like Danger said, Obama did it, and I'm sure other presidents have too. It may shut down an important pipeline of information. Some people have suggested Israel (nation in which intel originated) will be less likely to share intel with us now, but come on...we'll just put a stop order on the next shipment of bombers and see how they like that.
From what's I've read, intelligence sources were not discussed (McMaster himself said so). And it was not an "open" meeting. There was no press present. This is yet another "fake news" story from the Washington Post that completely blows things out proportion.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a leak because it was considered "code word" as in "super secret." Granted those are stupid names but the point remains it was way above Trump's actual pay grade and considering his continued lack of discipline and small-I intelligence he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near it. His criminal conspirators are members of the Russian government, the people his campaign colluded with to "hack" the election.

I have no problem with sharing intell with Russia. Just not stuff that can impede our future big-I Intelligence capabilities.
Code word, "super secret", criminal conspirators, Russia hacked the election...sounds like you're just parroting Democrat talking points. I especially love the "Russia hacked the election part" part. Zero evidence of this happening. Barry and the rest of the democrats were screaming prior to the election that it was literally impossible to rig the election. Now all of a sudden, the election process of the world's most powerful nation is "hacked" by a handful of Russians. This is laughable.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am so tired of seeing Trump get treated the way he does. It makes me sick. At this point if I were Trump I would say "fvck ya all. I resign. I'm taking back over my business, and moving it out of the USA with all of my business assets. Have fun imploding on yourself, America". The guy has no chance. No matter what he does or tries to do, the collective will always try to sabotage it. One man can not stop a collective the size of the one trying to take Trump down, it's impossible. If I had a business and wealth that he has, I would exit this earth carrying that when it was my time. Not the Presidency for this stupid and ungrateful country we have today which is not the country our Forefathers intended. Not even close.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And of course as always, crickets.

I constantly see claims from this side of the political spectrum, but when you ask the questions or evidence for how they arrived at the conclusions......everyone suddenly disappears.

And THAT is why these things are witch hunts.
You gave me one night to reply. I don't live on here like some people. So your questions may have to wait a little bit for me to answer them.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the intelligence in question was considered "code word" by US intelligence officials. And it was considered secret by Israeli intelligence who originally shared it with the United States.

As for the Russians "hacking" the elections it is both the opinion of those same US intelligence officials and Donald Trump himself (unless you're calling him a liar, we can discuss that) that Russia favored Donald Trump in the 2016 election and that President Putin ordered an "influence campaign" to denigrate Hilary Clinton's election chances. They used media disinfo, database hacking, and leaks to influence voters into voting for Donald Trump.

Here is a wonderful article about the report summarizing what happened.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/us/politics/russia-hack-report.html

Here is the report.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At this point if I were Trump I would say "fvck ya all. I resign. I'm taking back over my business, and moving it out of the USA with all of my business assets. Have fun imploding on yourself, America".
Can you be Trump and I be America then? I would love to see him resign. I would figuratively implode in my pants.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So for the code word, people who either are beneath Trump or foreign agents. So what? He is the commander in chief, he can decide what to share and what not to.
Fair enough. Whether you think it was wrong or not depends if you are pro-America or pro-Trump.

If this is truly so, where is the evidence?
There are multiple investigations going on. As with most investigations their evidence has to remain secret until a conclusion.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Can you be Trump and I be America then? I would love to see him resign. I would figuratively implode in my pants.
So if I'm Trump and I resign, who do you have lined up to be your President and fix this sh!thole country ?