Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLEN THOMPSON??

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

when I signed up at the turn of the century, the forum was gold and black, and it clearly stated the founder was Allen Thompson. He even made posts and started threads.

I am wondering what happened to this said Allen Thompson?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allen Thompson was a pseudonym of Donald Trump's for quite some time. He has released management of the site to the moderators since becoming president. We are currently engaged in an internal power struggle and will only be able to reply to your posts and complaints occasionally until the top dog surfaces.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

when I signed up at the turn of the century, the forum was gold and black, and it clearly stated the founder was Allen Thompson.
I thought I was the only one who remembered the old-old format. My profile says I joined in 2008, but I had signed up under a similar username in early 2000. The good old days...

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who remembered the old-old format. My profile says I joined in 2008, but I had signed up under a similar username in early 2000. The good old days...
I thought the good ole days were back in 2008 when i joined haha. Site has pretty much gone to crap since the influx of 10x+ members. You used to be able to find good content on this site. It's mostly lost in the garbage we have now. Most of the good posters and critical thinkers and influencers are gone or rarely post anymore.

Glad I was able to be around for a short period time of the golden age.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old days were the pioneering and defining days. Guys were trying to define what was happening and just beginning to devise ways to leverage it.

Things have gotten a lot worse out there in the world since then, and SS is just reflecting these times. Now we seem to be in the "OK, this is our reality. Now how do we deal with it?"

Every entity and movement devised by man has a "golden age" that is looked upon fondly, but we tend to romanticise those times as we pull out selective memories, especially because usually the golden age is not flooded with casual participants.

I suspect that some of the older pioneers actually finally met a good woman and settled down. There was no longer a need to be here since they found that needle in a haystack. Pook is probably walking around town with a baby in a papoose and pushing a stroller. ;)

I don't really think that, but I do suspect that the guys from the past found a decent woman. As I say, they are rare, but they do exist.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old days were the pioneering and defining days. Guys were trying to define what was happening and just beginning to devise ways to leverage it.
Yeah, I was thinking of it more as the good old innocent days for me, not for SS necessarily. The internet itself was like a new frontier, and the idea that this kind of knowledge could be shared was eye-opening. I found this site after searching (probably on Altavista.com) "how to ask out a girl." I think I may have also searched under the term "oculesics." Anyway, it was like a secret society, a tiny hidden corner online. I felt like I'd found hidden stock tips.

Now you can't swing a dead cat without finding a "game expert" or "PUA." And of course they're mixed in with political warriors, so it's hard to sift through the garbage. Circa 2000, Sosuave felt like a real-time science journal, where people were logging their notes and helping each other, and of course there were articles and a newsletter. I've been loyal to this site because it's stayed mostly true to itself.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Things have gotten a lot worse out there in the world since then, and SS is just reflecting these times. Now we seem to be in the "OK, this is our reality. Now how do we deal with it?"

Every entity and movement devised by man has a "golden age" that is looked upon fondly, but we tend to romanticise those times as we pull out selective memories, especially because usually the golden age is not flooded with casual participants.

I suspect that some of the older pioneers actually finally met a good woman and settled down. There was no longer a need to be here since they found that needle in a haystack. Pook is probably walking around town with a baby in a papoose and pushing a stroller. ;)

I don't really think that, but I do suspect that the guys from the past found a decent woman. As I say, they are rare, but they do exist.

Agreed. This site helped me get alot better with women. taught me to start on that no non sense path. Most of the content now is about laying women, not about managing a good woman, maintaining a good relationship, and living a well balanced life which is what I learned when I joined the forum.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That s still there. It just gets buried by the tide. Actually I've enjoyed some of Allen's articles they seemed well written and pragmatic

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for pook his stuff is a little bit to philosophical for my liking I'm more a paint by numbers guy. But for his service to man I hope he s living on an island surrounded by Tahitian beauties