Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you do when you are feeling down/blue?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I wasnt sure where to post this thread. I guess it can be considered mental health or emotional health or something.

Sometimes we feel down/blue. It happens, we are not robots. Sometimes Im not even sure what´s the reason Im feeling down/blue but I cant shake off the feeling.

What I usually do is Not let any female find out that Im feeling that way and distract myself with exercise and/or work. Sometimes I pray, meditate, and/or I try to think about stuff I should be grateful for. Helping other people with their problems or feeding stray animals helps too.

Edit: Btw, Happy New Year to all of you MoFos! May all of you get the amount of p00zy you deserve, and then some!

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I acknowledge it and let it run it's course, just ride it out and own it rather than trying to fight it. If it's really bad I do not talk anyone or make any big decisions since I recognize I'm not thinking clearly and am in a vulnerable state.

I also don't pretend to be happy around others. That diverts even more energy away and it's a losing game.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spin more plates. Just kidding. I like @FlexpertHamilton 's answer about acknowledging it. I do the same and then if I can, try to dismiss it once I've figured out why it's there. We are so accustomed to not divulging our true feelings to others that I think we do it to ourselves as well - at least I have in the past. So I find the root cause and once I've accepted it I find a way to realize it's not that big a deal. E.g. if I'm down about money, I ask myself if I'm starving right now or if I'm okay. Or if it's about my weight I say, well did I do what I could today to stay healthy? Usually I did so that's that. Etc. Obviously if it's something bigger (loss of a loved one etc) just lean into it and don't suppress it.

Meditation, exercise, and hobbies help a lot. Shooting baskets is a great distraction. Make a gratitude list. Or call/write a friend or say/do something to someone else to cheer THEM up. Most of the typical stuff works.

Finally, it's worth mentioning that your mind will react and adjust to what you tell it - so smiling or laughing or even just saying positive affirmations will help your brain adjust and accept that you're in a good mood. That sounds kind of weird but it's true.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spin more plates. Just kidding. I like @FlexpertHamilton 's answer about acknowledging it. I do the same and then if I can, try to dismiss it once I've figured out why it's there. We are so accustomed to not divulging our true feelings to others that I think we do it to ourselves as well - at least I have in the past. So I find the root cause and once I've accepted it I find a way to realize it's not that big a deal. E.g. if I'm down about money, I ask myself if I'm starving right now or if I'm okay. Or if it's about my weight I say, well did I do what I could today to stay healthy? Usually I did so that's that. Etc. Obviously if it's something bigger (loss of a loved one etc) just lean into it and don't suppress it.

Meditation, exercise, and hobbies help a lot. Shooting baskets is a great distraction. Make a gratitude list. Or call/write a friend or say/do something to someone else to cheer THEM up. Most of the typical stuff works.

Finally, it's worth mentioning that your mind will react and adjust to what you tell it - so smiling or laughing or even just saying positive affirmations will help your brain adjust and accept that you're in a good mood. That sounds kind of weird but it's true.
If we're talking about true depression you can get hit with it randomly even if things in your life are more or less okay. If you can rule out pressing issues you're not addressing, truly the best thing you can do is wait it out. I do think exercise, meditation, gratitude practice can help but I think they're more effective as a prophylactic measure to maintain a positive mood over time rather than correcting a highly negative headspace. What goes up must come down. When you're in a rut it helps tremendously to know you can only go up from there and know that it won't last forever.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've struggled with depression a lot before. It comes back if I don't keep up with exercise. I successfully keep it at bay and stay happy if I gym regularly. Being in loving relationships helps a lot, too.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stay away from alcohol/drugs, pray, work out, go for walk, read my Bible and/or consume biblical content online.

Usually after the prayers, I put everything into perspective, then I realise everything i ok and I'm in a much better position than most.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually after the prayers, I put everything into perspective, then I realise everything i ok and I'm in a much better position than most.
In a non-religious sense, it's often called 'practising gratitude', finding reasons to be thankful to be alive and healthy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a comedian with a bit about telling people, "I meditated and then did my stretches," meaning I took a nap and whacked off.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Get some nookie.

I wasnt sure where to post this thread. I guess it can be considered mental health or emotional health or something.

Sometimes we feel down/blue. It happens, we are not robots. Sometimes Im not even sure what´s the reason Im feeling down/blue but I cant shake off the feeling.

What I usually do is Not let any female find out that Im feeling that way and distract myself with exercise and/or work. Sometimes I pray, meditate, and/or I try to think about stuff I should be grateful for. Helping other people with their problems or feeding stray animals helps too.

Edit: Btw, Happy New Year to all of you MoFos! May all of you get the amount of p00zy you deserve, and then some!

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytime I feel like shyte.. I hit the gym harder than ever.. I push myself to crazy levels.. I run outdoors in the rain for 10 miles. I cycle for hours.

I feel awesome after... It's all about brain chemicals.. Let the feel good chemicals, defeat the ones that make you feel sad.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go through my battōjutsu kata. Always gets me through any blue phase.
Just slaughtering a whole battlefield of ferocious but imaginary ronin gets my juices flowing.

woffelskota91

Reaction score
Hit the gym or go on a tempo run. Been doing this since I was a teenager and despite some genetic predisposition to depression, I never really had to struggle with it.

When your lungs or muscles are burning as hell and you are about to vomit from pure exhaustion, problems of mind just quickly feel irrelevant.

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having good friends in moments like those it's all that matters. And i mean GOOD friends!

AmitBajpayee

Reaction score
I acknowledge it, tell myself that it is okay to feel this way, and get some sort of movement in (mostly a walk in evening) to get some exercise in. I also will listen to a podcast every now and then during the walk. Sometimes, I will hangout with my friends if they are free, but usually it is the movement