Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your opinions on my situation - what would you do?

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on a study-abroad program, where I met my girlfriend about 2 months ago. We met about 2 weeks after she first arrived.

She is from Russia and was unsure about some things when she came here first, and she met a guy (30 years old from Iran) who was very helpful to her, such as in opening a college computer account, setting up a bank account, helping her set up her own computer in her room, getting settled in, etc.

He is in a position to offer to advice on her masters degree and phd, because they do similiar topics and follow similar academic routes. He has lent her books that are essential to her course, which are still in her room.

He helped her with all of this, and now, no surprise, he expects more than just friendship from her. He feels that he deserves her for all that he has done. The girlfriend has no feelings for him. But they stay in touch, for the reasons I have listed above. She wants to remain friends with him.

2 months later (now):

Yesterday she came to my room looking stressed and worn out. It took a while, but she started to tell me that she just had a long conversation with him, telling him that she is with me and does not want anything more than to be friends with him. He asked her to choose between me and him.

Now, last night we were going to bed late (around 3.30) and we were in the kitchen. There is a large window, and it happens that his room is directly opposite the window (at a distance). He was looking in at the two of us, and my girlfriend was eating an apple. About 15 minutes later, just before she was about to get into bed beside me, she got a text message from him.
He wrote:

"So, making a decision takes some calories? (i.e. the apple). I am still awake."

We talked about it for hours. All the time, I kept my anger hidden. Something I should add: I will be flying home in 3 weeks and she will be staying here for another college term - and so will 30-yr old Iran man. I think our relationship will end when i fly home (for reasons that has nothing to do with her as a person or anyone else).

I have two further questions: I told her to cut him out of her life completely. Is this the right idea? And also, should I bring this up when I talk to her, or should I let her sort it out herself and say nothing?

Cliff notes:

1. Gf and her stalker are still talking
2. He expects more than friendship, told her to choose between me and him
3. Gf is upset, but has no desire to be more than friends with him.
4. Should she cut him out of her life?

Demo

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK firstly this guy started off as a typical AFC doing things for her in order to curry favour now we all know this doesn't work.

It has went WAY PAST THAT. She has explicitly told him she is NOT interested but he is not getting the hint. Whats more disturbing is that he is asking her to choose between you and him. This means he obviously thinks she harbours feelings for him on whatever level and that he actually has a chance its more than he just wants her like the average guy he seriously thinks she likes him or owes him something. Her carrying on seeing him is fuelling this delusion. She needs to realise that. This could get worse if it is not dealt with promptly. Also since you are going away i guarenteee this will do your head in. She will text you and call saying that this guy wnt leave her alone and you will be miles away unable to do a thing which will drive you mad. Deal with it before you leave.

Silkandsteel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sort him out, he sounds delusional almost. Don't go home and leave this poor girl to his AFC insecurities, she won't focus on the important things like you and her studies. Talk to him face-to-face and make it clear that if he has ANY respect for her at all, he'll admit defeat and move on.

I can imagine how angry you are, but remain controlled for her sake. If she needs you to be a real man, losing it with him is not the right thing to do...well...not when she's around anyways ;)

I've been there mate, these pr!cks HAVE to be told the facts of life.