Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

warm up question

war_eagle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering what do you guys do for warm ups? I usually jog lightly for about a half mile and stretch for about 20 minutes. This can be pretty time cosuming so I was wondering, is it completely necessary to warm up like this? I know most people don't but I just don't want to pull a muscle or injure myself. Most of the stuff I've read from different sources says you should warm up lightly for 5 minutes, stretch, then do warm up sets etc. Then I read Diesels bulking post and he says no fvcking cardio? I want to bulk but won't that just lead to an injury?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You warm up doing the exercise you are going to do..

If, for example, you are doing chest.. all you need to do is warm up once...

Four sets of warmup.. (let's say bench press) Let's say your heaviest work set will be 4reps x 200

1 x 10 @ 40% of your expected max weight for the workout = 10 reps with 80 lbs.

1 x 6 @ 60% = 120 lbs.

1 x 3 @ 75% = 150 lbs.

1 x 1 @ 90% = 180 lbs.

Then go right into your workout.. you don't need to do any more warmups for the rest of the workout.

Warm.. no cardio... Why do your legs have to be warm, if you're going to be working your chest, or back, or arms??

Like I said, warm up doing the movements you will doing in the gym that day.

peace,
D

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nor do you need pre-workout stretching. Between sets and post workout if you like.

Personally I do 5 mins on the bike before a heavy leg workout but then Im not 20 anymore and I gotta loosen up the old joints a little:p

war_eagle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess I'm just worried about somehow hurting my joints or something. I'll definitly give your advice a shot though. Warming up the way I usually do it is such a pain in the ass.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i tend to disagree with diesel.

if you were to do heavy deadlifting then warmup sets arent going to be enough.

i skip for 5 to 10 mins to get the blood flowing then stretch for another 5 mins, you might ending up finishing less than that time, you only need to hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds, i hold for 20. always wear something warm throughout your workout, dont be like the other try-hards in the gym with a singlet who just stand around talking to eachother then walk around with their puny chests sticking out...damn i hate them shaved birds.

wear a jacket or something to keep you warm throughout the workout but not restrict your movement.