Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Walking - one of the most underrated tools for weight loss

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You're not taking into account land whale's hamster thinking:

"And after the walk, reward yourself with a nice cake".
There are not enough steps you can take if you choose to continue to consume a crappy diet regularly, haha

I mean it will help, and you might lose some weight, but to continue to see good results you have to fix the diet.

The point of walking is it's low impact, burns a surprising amount of calories and shouldn't trigger a hunger response like higher intensity forms of cardio can...if someone just eats all the calories they walked off, then it's going to help with some things but losing weight likely won't be one of them.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking is such a great time to listen to the numerous podcasts and audiobooks out there so it becomes a time to learn as well. Time well spent.

not to mention when my anxiety was at an all time high and i was really suffering a few years ago… even just walking helped quite a bit to curb my anxiety and relieve the symptoms which tended to be pretty bad upon waking

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a great tool. I did use it in the past with the intention of losing weight but I found it would take a lot of time (as in I had to walk 2-3 hours) --- too time consuming, so I stopped and just stick to runs or the elliptical I have. I do however go on a 1 hr daily walk after diner - this is without fail. It's great, helps the digestion and a few times I week I also encounter interested women and sometimes get a date out of it if they are attractive.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It is a great tool. I did use it in the past with the intention of losing weight but I found it would take a lot of time (as in I had to walk 2-3 hours) --- too time consuming, so I stopped and just stick to runs or the elliptical I have. I do however go on a 1 hr daily walk after diner - this is without fail. It's great, helps the digestion and a few times I week I also encounter interested women and sometimes get a date out of it if they are attractive.
Hmm...I would say your diet is the issue then, an hour would be more than enough time to lose weight if you did it consistently. Even a half hour a day would work.

Did you log your food and track it for a period of time? I've found when I don't do this I can go over target calories pretty substantially without much effort.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...I would say your diet is the issue then, an hour would be more than enough time to lose weight if you did it consistently. Even a half hour a day would work.

Did you log your food and track it for a period of time? I've found when I don't do this I can go over target calories pretty substantially without much effort.
Oh yeah, this was several years ago when I was in my early 30's and wasn't as restrictive when it came to diet (lol). Liked pasta, pastries (Cannoli) and ice cream too much. Now I just have these things a little and on the weekends. I was 20ish lbs over - so 190. Wasn't too bad but I had started to gain a small belly. I ran the 20lbs off at the time. Now I keep my weight in check through combined exercise and reduced carb intake.

Yes, I log food on the fitbit app.