Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Waking up feeling tired/drained/hungover

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been waking up like this for months, maybe even most of 2023.

It’s not lack of sleep, I’m feeling like this after 7-8 hours sleep. No alcohol the night before. Like I don’t want to get out of bed, like I’m physically glued to the bed. My head and eyes feel heavy. Some mornings I’ll be up at 6:30-7am and some mornings I won’t feel awake until 9am.

Is this depression? Mental fatigue? Over training?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been waking up like this for months, maybe even most of 2023.

It’s not lack of sleep, I’m feeling like this after 7-8 hours sleep. No alcohol the night before. Like I don’t want to get out of bed, like I’m physically glued to the bed. My head and eyes feel heavy. Some mornings I’ll be up at 6:30-7am and some mornings I won’t feel awake until 9am.

Is this depression? Mental fatigue? Over training?
We need more details. What has your caffeine intake been?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need more details. What has your caffeine intake been?
400mg a day (the safe limit) and switching to decaf after 1pm.

I woke up this morning feeling much better but it comes and goes. Like my body feels heavy and I struggle to move.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember your tinnitus thread. Might be worth looking into emf radiation?

"EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to EMF. The symptoms most commonly experienced include dermatological symptoms (redness, tingling, and burning sensations) as well as neurasthenic and vegetative symptoms (fatigue, tiredness, concentration difficulties, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitation, and digestive disturbances)."

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
400mg a day (the safe limit) and switching to decaf after 1pm.

I woke up this morning feeling much better but it comes and goes. Like my body feels heavy and I struggle to move.
it could be the caffeine. At certain levels of caffeine the withdrawal from caffeine from just sleeping overnight makes one feel drained

if you slowly taper it back it can help. I feel best when i am back down to just one cup a day. I weigh my coffee beans so even got it to where i mathematically tapered my dose of coffee back

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember your tinnitus thread. Might be worth looking into emf radiation?

"EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to EMF. The symptoms most commonly experienced include dermatological symptoms (redness, tingling, and burning sensations) as well as neurasthenic and vegetative symptoms (fatigue, tiredness, concentration difficulties, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitation, and digestive disturbances)."
I don't think it's EMF, I discovered the tinnitus directly after I stood next to massive speakers in an outdoor rave for about 5 hours, it went 2 weeks later.

it could be the caffeine. At certain levels of caffeine the withdrawal from caffeine from just sleeping overnight makes one feel drained

if you slowly taper it back it can help. I feel best when i am back down to just one cup a day. I weigh my coffee beans so even got it to where i mathematically tapered my dose of coffee back
It could be this, I've been abusing caffeine hard this year, I'm usually 3 coffees deep by 9am and now I think of it definitely over 400mg per day.

I started switching to decaf midday but maybe I should do just 1 coffee in the morning and 1 coffee before I work out then decaf only.

You don’t need the caffeine. Give it up and go through the withdrawals. I haven’t consumed caffeine in a year and half. I get the right amount of hours of sleep and wake up feeling great. I’m not tired at all.
I might even try this for 1 month

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's EMF, I discovered the tinnitus directly after I stood next to massive speakers in an outdoor rave for about 5 hours, it went 2 weeks later.

It could be this, I've been abusing caffeine hard this year, I'm usually 3 coffees deep by 9am and now I think of it definitely over 400mg per day.

I started switching to decaf midday but maybe I should do just 1 coffee in the morning and 1 coffee before I work out then decaf only.

I might even try this for 1 month
Have you looked into adrenal fatigue/HPA axis dysfunction? It's a common side effect of caffeine abuse

If that's the case, you might want to supplement with adaptogens like ginseng and rhodiola and also b12, in addition to the caffeine elimination/reduction.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would get a fitness tracker that keeps tabs on your respiration... heart rate and sleep stages. You could have sleep apnea... and might feel like your getting 7-8 hours of good sleep but might be getting next to nothing and don’t even know.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Many possible reasons so its a hard guess. You could try visiting a holistic medic.

JoyDivision1990

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt the same for a long time I thought I might have a terminal disease, no joke. I felt like absolutely crap upon waking. As it turned out I was dehydrated.

I should have realized cuz as soon as I drank a tall glass of juice, I started feeling better, but the next morning it was rinse repeat. Really struggled to get out of bed, and was dizzy and disoriented at times.

Dehydration can go unnoticed. For me, it was too much working out and drinking coffee, not enough water.

Cut out the coffee, drink more water.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would get a fitness tracker that keeps tabs on your respiration... heart rate and sleep stages. You could have sleep apnea... and might feel like your getting 7-8 hours of good sleep but might be getting next to nothing and don’t even know.
I think I do have sleep apnea, or at least I did. My snoring is rare now, however when drifting off, it’s like I forget to breathe and I am suffocating, I’m jolted out of sleep and I have to take a deep breath and lay on my side, it gets my heart racing and quite scary. I used to snore a lot but I was drinking a lot, these days when I ask girls they say no snoring.

When you go to sleep, you do it because you feel tired or because its that time in the clock?
I generally feel tired at 10pm and get ready for bed.

Lots of good suggestions, I’m going to replace coffee (after my first cup) with water and herbal tea that might fix the issue.

Is drinking decaf still ok? I love the taste.

kookdekoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep apnea , nocturnal hypoglycemia , B12 deficiency, dehydration, depression ....could be anything.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This week I limited my coffee intake to 2 cups (180mg caffeine) a day and none after 11.30am. Also getting to bed by 10pm.

I'm not sure if it's the sleep or the coffee but I have been feeling great.

I'll try to get down to 1 cup and maybe eventually eliminate coffee altogether. I'm sure I've been abusing caffeine for years.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This week I limited my coffee intake to 2 cups (180mg caffeine) a day and none after 11.30am. Also getting to bed by 10pm.

I'm not sure if it's the sleep or the coffee but I have been feeling great.

I'll try to get down to 1 cup and maybe eventually eliminate coffee altogether. I'm sure I've been abusing caffeine for years.
Rhodiola rosea is a good energy-boosting adaptogen and caffeine substitute if you haven't heard of it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhodiola rosea is a good energy-boosting adaptogen and caffeine substitute if you haven't heard of it.
This stuff looks great, will pick some up this weekend.