Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Venezuela food shortages cause some to hunt dogs, cats, pigeons

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a messed up situation. Expect there to be armies rolling in soon (largely and secretly backed by U.S.) because Venezuela may be running out of food, but they have MORE OIL than Saudi Arabia.

It's also kind of a strange coincidence that sh*t down there started coming unglued WHILE their KNOWN oil reserves were shooting through the roof.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also kind of a strange coincidence that sh*t down there started coming unglued WHILE their KNOWN oil reserves were shooting through the roof
I don't think there's anything strange about the fact that the Venezuelan economy collapsed at the same time as the oil prices did. What is more interesting is the fact that oil prices were allowed to collapse like that in the first place.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is more interesting is the fact that oil prices were allowed to collapse like that in the first place.
I don't think "allowed" is the correct verb. "Made to" or "pushed down" might be a better verb.

Rumor has it that Kerry went to Saudi Arabia, and soon thereafter the Saudis (who have the cheapest to extract oil in the world) suddenly started to pump the sh*t out of their oil, sending prices down.

Those in the know suggest it was economic warfare against Russia, who needs oil prices above $60 or so to be profitable.

This, allegedly, was a "counter strike" against Russia for trying to saddle up with the Chinese to make another currency.

But back on topic, it's pretty sad that people have to hunt for food in a country that has MORE oil than Saudi Arabia.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the sh!t hits the fan like this in the good old USA, and the grocery store shelves are empty, the obese gun nut Americans are all going to panic and start killing each other over the last bag of Cheetos.

Paleo man got most of his protein from grubs and worms. People have no concept of survival and what it entails. If you have two chickens, you're doing well. Owning a goat is really moving up the survival totem pole. Many of what are considered weeds, the ones not introduced to North America by white people, were once the salad bar of the Native Americans. Americans are going to stand on top of food that they don't know is food, and shoot each other over that last bag of Cheetos.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought Trump was going to save us?
I would rather have Trump's legions in charge, than Obama's/Hillary's/whatever other leftist you can come up with.

Plus, Trump gives us a CHANCE. He may not do anything, but we are ASSURED nothing will get done with yet another establishment candidate. And we are assured that dumb sh*t will get done if it's Bern.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plus, Trump gives us a CHANCE. He may not do anything, but we are ASSURED nothing will get done with yet another establishment candidate.
How about this "Devil's Advocate" type question:

The strength of the dollar is largely because of the petrodollar agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia. If that agreement falls apart, nobody needs to hold dollars any more, because the Saudis will take currency other than dollars. If THAT happens, the dollar will weaken significantly, which will unleash SEVERE inflation and a likely increase in interest rates, making U.S gov unable to pay interest on their debt.

This may cause an economic catastrophe (decades long, people STARVING, rioting from lack of Foodstamps) from which the U.S. MAY NOT RECOVER. Few people understand this. (the importance of the petrodollar, U.S.<->Saudi relationships on the dollar strength).

This "reset" that people agree we NEED may be take LONGER THAN OUR LIFESPANS.

Hillary is FRIENDS with the Saudis.

Trump is NOT.

Would you vote for Hillary for the sole reason of keeping the dollar system from collapsing?

Would you vote for Trump knowing he may inadvertently trigger a MULTI-GENERATIONAL reset? Causing massive pain, death, starvation and a SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION in the quality of our lives?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
There are no circumstances that would have me vote for Hillary Clinton.

Oil may cease to be priced in dollars at some point. Petrodollars have only been around since the mid 1970s. I don't remember the USA being in crisis when oil wan't priced exclusively in dollars. Do you?

If that happens, there will be a whole lot going on in the world. And the USA, despite its problems, has proven a very robust economy.

Some people have been waiting for disaster for a long time. One day maybe, those people will be right.

But if you're trying to scare people into voting for Hillary because of a fantasy cataclysm, good luck. Too bad too. She's the most qualified candidate out there. But she is a congenital liar and a psychopath fully in bed with the status quo ante.

No thanks.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't remember the USA being in crisis when oil wan't priced exclusively in dollars. Do you?

If that happens, there will be a whole lot going on in the world. And the USA, despite its problems, has proven a very robust economy.
I beg to differ, sir. Before the petrodollar there was the Bretton Woods standard. Other countries held dollars because they could exchange them for Gold. When the bretton woods-gold standard ended, they switched to petro dollars.

That is the ONLY reason the dollar is the RESERVE CURRENCY.

When the Saudi's stop taking dollars, that will end the reserve status of the currency, and no other countries will have any reason to hold dollars.

When THAT happens, the U.S. Will be forced to balance it's trade deficit, as the ONLY REASON other countries will take dollars is so they then use them to buy U.S. goods.

As it stands now, the U.S. imports much more stuff than it exports.

At the very least, there will be significant inflation (similar to back in the mid seventies - early eighties) when the dollar lost 50% of it's value over a few years. (everything doubles in price in a few years).

I don't think the U.S. economy can handle a 50 reduction in the value of the dollar (= 100 % inflation of imports), which WILL HAPPEN when (not if) the dollar loses it's reserves status.

AND without the reserve status, the government will have problems maintaining such huge deficits.

Besides if you care to reread my thread, it was a DEVIL'S ADVOCATE question.

I was merely wondering it Trump = 100 % inflation (over 5-10 years) and Hillary - Same as usual; would people vote for Hillary.

I don't really care one way or the other, as I see neither making any difference in the big scheme of things.

Not trying to scare anybody into anything. Just pointing out simple economics (that many economics have been writing about for the past few years) but few politicians dare even mention.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
significant inflation (similar to back in the mid seventies - early eighties) when the dollar lost 50% of it's value over a few years.

Eight years ago, I bought a table saw for $99. It finally died. The exact same table saw is now $139. According to the government, there is no inflation....stuff just keeps getting more expensive.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I beg to differ, sir. Before the petrodollar there was the Bretton Woods standard. Other countries held dollars because they could exchange them for Gold. When the bretton woods-gold standard ended, they switched to petro dollars.

That is the ONLY reason the dollar is the RESERVE CURRENCY.

When the Saudi's stop taking dollars, that will end the reserve status of the currency, and no other countries will have any reason to hold dollars.

When THAT happens, the U.S. Will be forced to balance it's trade deficit, as the ONLY REASON other countries will take dollars is so they then use them to buy U.S. goods.

As it stands now, the U.S. imports much more stuff than it exports.

At the very least, there will be significant inflation (similar to back in the mid seventies - early eighties) when the dollar lost 50% of it's value over a few years. (everything doubles in price in a few years).

I don't think the U.S. economy can handle a 50 reduction in the value of the dollar (= 100 % inflation of imports), which WILL HAPPEN when (not if) the dollar loses it's reserves status.

AND without the reserve status, the government will have problems maintaining such huge deficits.

Besides if you care to reread my thread, it was a DEVIL'S ADVOCATE question.

I was merely wondering it Trump = 100 % inflation (over 5-10 years) and Hillary - Same as usual; would people vote for Hillary.

I don't really care one way or the other, as I see neither making any difference in the big scheme of things.

Not trying to scare anybody into anything. Just pointing out simple economics (that many economics have been writing about for the past few years) but few politicians dare even mention.
Then wait for the Saudis to stop taking dollars. Just don't don't hold your breath. Too much conspiracy thinking will have you running around like Chicken Little.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Then wait for the Saudis to stop taking dollars. Just don't don't hold your breath. Too much conspiracy thinking will have you running around like Chicken Little.
Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen a 'Petro-dollar'?

Neither has anyone else because they don't exist. There's a reason for that.

I'll leave you to your research.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
his problem in Venezuela has more to do with mismanagement and inflation than anything else.
For instance... This chart shows the "implied" value of their currency to the dollar versus what was reality. This just was not going to be sustainable, the bubble had to burst.
upload_2016-5-21_12-8-59.png

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen a 'Petro-dollar'?

Neither has anyone else because they don't exist. There's a reason for that.

I'll leave you to your research.
Thanks!

Here's the result of my research, in case anybody is interested.

Investopedia - Petrodollar

I guess they are talking about a hallucination

Georgetown University Definition of Petrodollars

Maybe they step up their hiring practices at Georgetown since they are talking things nobody has ever seen.

Miriam Webster - Petrodollar

Miriam Webster online dictionary - clearly a conspiracy site

Dictionary.com definition of Petrodollar

Another conspiracy site masquerading as a reputable dictionary

(And for anybody else who is interested in Chicken Little Conspiracy)

Preparing for the collapse of the petrodollar system

What Ron Paul Says about the Petrodollar (another conspiracy hack)

The chaos that one day will ensue from our 35-year experiment with worldwide fiat money will require a return to money of real value. We will know that day is approaching when oil-producing countries demand gold, or its equivalent, for their oil rather than dollars or euros. The sooner the better. - Ron Paul
Jim Rickards on the Petrodollar

Peter Schiff on the petrodollar

All kinds of books on Amazon about the Petrodollar

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peter Schiff?

BWAHAHAHA!

I asked if you'd ever seen a petrodollar?

Have you?

It's a conceptual artifact of trade, not a thing.
There are many on here I'd question about whether they've done their research. Taiyuu isn't one of them.

I'll be completely honest. I'm generally ignorant on economics outside the basics of math and investing. That's why I'm reading more than replying. In my brain, Trump's plan seems to be the best. I do, however, realize there will be some sacrifices made by someone. There always is.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
There are many on here I'd question about whether they've done their research. Taiyuu isn't one of them.

I'll be completely honest. I'm generally ignorant on economics outside the basics of math and investing. That's why I'm reading more than replying. In my brain, Trump's plan seems to be the best. I do, however, realize there will be some sacrifices made by someone. There always is.
Taiyuu is onto something. Since the end of the US Gold Exchange Standard (1971) and British Pound Stirling Exchange Standard (1974) all currencies except the Swiss Franc have been 'fiat' currencies and subject to forms of FOREX market value finding. That has always been dangerous.

But to worry only about worldwide oil being priced in Dollars without considering the other side of the trade (petroleum sales) is rather silly.