Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tip: Build a Home Pull-Up Bar

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally set up a punching bag and pull-up bar on my back deck last week, and I wish I had done it a long time ago. All I did for the pullup bar was screw two 8' 2x6s to the vertical rails above the steps to the deck. The metal bar came from the farm store. Total budget is about $12. It helps to have a good drill.

I can remember being able to do about seven pullups a long time ago. The first time on my new pullup bar I managed about 1 1/4. I am up to two now. It's a really short workout when you can only do two pullups, but I can see and feel my arms getting bigger already. The convenience of having it at home makes me use it a lot. It's built so it's not in the way of anything, so it's always there. I'm adding some dip bars as soon as I find the right brackets.

If you live in a typical house or apartment and wanted a pullup bar, you would basically make a big shelf to hang yourself from, probably out of 2x4s. As long as you attach it to the wall studs, it should hold your weight. If you have drywall walls and are renting, the holes you make are easy to fix. I have a lot of contractor and construction experience if anyone wants to pm me their home gym building questions.

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've also added a bar, there's so many exercises that can be done as well as hanging leg raises :up:

At both ends of the rail I've used hooks where gymnast rings can be attached for dips or a heavy bag.

If going into brick/concrete I'd recommend some good heavy duty anchor bolts. Mine can support both the heavy bag and me, it's rock solid and doesn't budge at all!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a home pullup bar since i was 12. I used to walk in and out and do pullups each time. It's definitely helped with being able to do pullups well and potentially having broad shoulders.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I was a younger man and had more energy, I used to walk two miles to the park every day, do pull ups on the monkey bars, then walk back home.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I was a younger man and had more energy, I used to walk two miles to the park every day, do pull ups on the monkey bars, then walk back home.
Haha I do this too. I take my kids out there and while they are playing, I am working out.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a great idea BB. Some of the guys find pull ups a bit hard on the ligaments and swap it out for inverted rowing. I guess if you drilled through your 8 by fours. You could just have the bars sitting in the hole so you could have them at different Heights which would cover the inverted rowing move.

It is amazing what you can do with body weight exercises. I bet my shoulder coming off my motorbike. Been Doin good old fashioned stomach crunches supermans squats and reverse lunges for a couple of weeks. I can see the difference already.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easier on the ligaments to do rope pull-ups, also more taxing on the muscles. I've used a thick rope dog toy, which has knots in either end. I throw it over the bar and hold on to the rope.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think so. I can feel it not be as taxing on my elbows. However many bar pullups you can do, using the rope cuts that number in about half.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why bother when you can buy really good ones that hang on a doorframe for under $20

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez I wouldn't trust my hundred kg weight to no door frame. That fails my worst case scenario test.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez I wouldn't trust my hundred kg weight to no door frame. That fails my worst case scenario test.
This one is not home built, unless you can weld :D

You do not have to tell me that :D me and my Pa installed this one. 8 steel pins/pegs whatever you call it. 3 of them are 3 x 4in and 5 x 3in. Plus its useful towel hanger.