Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you don't sarge at night, i'm thinking if the same can be applied at night .. like clubs, bars.I know you said it's harder and your right with sooo many guy's about.

hmmmm ... have to think as unlike you, i don't think i have the confidence to just go out to bookstores and shops for the sole purpose of pick-up.just is'nt me, but fair play to you!.. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK :D

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know night time works best actually for many guys. Just not me. I don't have the right "look" for nighttime. I'm not ugly or anything. I'm decent looking, athletic, tall, etc. But I am smart and tend to prefer intellectual conversations over the scream-over-the-music-type of conversations. I don't have many guy friends, and the ones I have are AFC so i don't have a cool social circle to go to bars or clubs with. Also, I don't smoke and don't like to dance. If you smoke, or dance, or both, I think bars and clubs are a much better fit. To each his own.

Oh, and I'm 33. I don't like being up all that late at bars and clubs. I will stay up late on a date, but prefer to sarge daytime.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #44

At Books a Million today. I hate that place; it is always slim pickings at best. But it is right on the way home from work, and on nights like this when I won't have time to go elsewhere, it is better than nothing.

See an older girl (maybe my age) and I open her on her Hello Kitty bag. Give her BS about how my cousin loves Hello Kitty, where did you get that bag. It is from France, and so is she. She lives here now, etc etc. She didn't seem all that interested, I felt like I was interviewing her, and she really wasn't my type. I actually thought to myself, "Would you want to go on a date with her?" as I was talking to her. I let her go without closing. NEXT!

Tesl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From the way you write you seem way more confident and comfortable with this now, and are starting to get very positive results!

I live in a non-English speaking country so its very difficult for me to work on my day game (communication in a foreign language is way too hard, when pickup is difficult enough in English). I have plans to move again though soon and am looking forward to working on my day game, and this thread is becoming quite inspiring as you are getting better and better results.

I tip my hat to you sir

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #45

This is a B&N today. There has unfortunately been a lack of targets lately, in large part b/c my time has been limited as I am busy with work and family duties.

I see a girl sitting on the bench in the magazine section. This has always been a sticking point for me, so I made a prepared opener for just such an occasion. I got to try it for the first time today. I waited a bit too long to open, but it was still under 2 minutes.

Me: (sitting down on bench) Excuse me, can I ask you a question? I have a friend of a friend who is in the hospital. She's a girl, but I don't know her well. I'm joining a friend to visit her tonight, and was asked to bring some magazines? I picked these out so far (showing her Cosmo, In Touch, and Rolling Stone). Do you think this is a good selection for a girl?

Her: Oh, I don't know. How old is she?

Me: blah

Her: blah

When she looked over at me, I saw she was early 40's or so!! Ooops!! She had long hair, was in stylish clothing, and was slender. Without seeing the face, I figured she was a late 20's HB. Not!

So I used the opener and it did its job. I think I will tweak it and take out "friend of a fried" and put in fake names to embellish it.

I figured when I open a girl of the right age it will be an easy convo (if she is game) because I can transition to talk about whatever is on the cover of Cosmo (always sex) or the gossip mag (always celeb crap that the chicks like).

Next...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #46

Thought about not counting this one toward my goal b/c I pussed out, but I am counting it b/c it's my first shoe department approach and because some good lessons were learned. I was in Ross and see a hot girl (from far away looked hot) in the shoe department. No idea how to approach in shoes, and I start walking out and she is sitting down trying on a pair of really high heels.

Me: I vote for them. They look nice
Her: (big smile) Oh, yeah
Me: Those heels are tall... how tall are they, like 4 inches? Do you always wear really tall heels?
Her: Yeah, because I'm short (still huge smile)

I do notice she is older than i had thought, and while she was pretty and very pretty from 3+ feet away, it was like the makeup was caked on. That plus she looked 30+, although she may have been younger with a hard life.

So, the looks surprise combined with the fact I freaked MYSELF out b/c I was in shoes it I made it awkward on myself so I just walked away at that point.

LESSONS:
-- it is so damn hard to find people to approach, and it took a lot of work to get over AA, so after I open if i have a girl all smiles I damn well better keep the convo going!
-- like Wygant says, you need to say something-- say anything-- to be in the game. ANd that is what I did here and it worked. So I must make sure I say SOMETHING
-- women love shoes and you can find hot women where ever there are stylish shoes for sale
-- I need to come up with a "shoe opener"-- any suggestions??? It is just weird for a dude to be in the women's shoe department, so I need a unique opener i can always use if i don't think of something else to say

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #47

This was in TJ Maxx.

Was walking through the junk department in the back and a truly hot babe was there.

I get flustered b/c I didn't know she'd be in the aisle as I turned the corner. She slowly walked by. About 15 seconds had gone and she was almost ready to leave the aisle. Her back was towards me. I needed something quick! I see these paper napkins with letters on them (monogram). I pick up a pack that has a "J"

Me: Excuse me, can I ask you a question
Her: (turning around) Sure
Me: I have a friend whose birthday is coming up. Her name is Jenna. She loves stuff with her initial or name on it. Are these napkins too masculine looking for a girl?
Her: No, I dont think so. I have some just like it.
Me: Oh, blah blah

That sh!t sizzles out fast so I re-open her on whether picture frames make good gifts. She says yes, and shows me a frame in her cart she is getting for her grandmom for mother's day. I ask when it is, she says this Sunday (it is not). i bust her on that. I am quite confident and flirty. But she seems kinda distant. I close and ask for the digits (was sorta weak in the close but there wasn't a ton of rapport) she says she's love to but she has a bf. She volunteers her friend (elsewhere in store) is single, but I am running late for a date so I leave. From the parking lot (it is dark outside), I see her and the friend in the well-lit store looking around... probably for me! lol

Glad I closed even though there wasn't a ton of rapport.

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great work Tihash!

Love reading these and now it's propelled me into taking action.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #48

Ever heard that Joe Purdy song that goes, "I just can't seem to get it right today"? I think it was in a Kia commercial or something about a year ago.

Anyhow, that was yesterday (Saturday).

I spent 3 hours doing errands and trying to sarge. One girl, ONE GIRL, was the only sargable girl among the following places: B&N, Wal-Mart, Borders, TJ Maxx, Michael's , Pet Smart, Home Goods, Ross, Publix Supermarket.

ONE GIRL! There were some good looking chicks, but with their mother or with a bf.

It's days like that that make me want to go to bars at night. At least in the right bar on a weekend, you are guaranteed to have 10 or more HBs in one place. But when I go to bars that is a whole other game,. and I always hate it and come home 200 or 300 emply calories heavier and $20 poorer and smelling like smoke and wishing it was daytime so I could do daygame. lol

So the one girl. Ironically, she is at my first stop, B&N. I see her in fiction. She lands in Poetry. I open. She seems super shy. Not much to say about the convo b/c there wasn't much of a convo. I close for the hell of it, and she says she doesn't have a cell!!! I actually believe her. I get her email. Not expecting anything from this one. Next...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One step backwards, I guess...

At Super Wal-Mart today. Approach a girl looking at potatoes.

Me: Excuse me, can I ask you a question? Are Russet potatoes and Idaho potatoes the same thing?

blah blah

She smiles and all, we talk about 30 seconds, I try to keep it going but she is, at the end, walking away and towards her cart which is about 5 feet away. I guess I should have walked with her while talking, and transitioned ("thanks for your help.. hey, what's your name?") but I did not.

I am pissed at myself for not closing. I guess this is a high quality problem to have. A few months ago my problem was not opening. Now I open fairly well and it is a better problem to not close every time.

So next time, I am going to think of Demonicale and Tesl and everyone else who reads my posts and I will close for you even if I feel like a wuss in the moment!

Last edited:

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you see i managed to approach last night, which for me is practically unthinkable!.

Well i did 4 approaches and got 2 numbers, when i did my first approach my mates girlfriend asked me if i knew the girl, i just said "no" ... and she was like "WOW!!, I THOUGHT YOU KNEW HER!?, THAT IS SOOO COOL AND REALLY SEXY"

She said that a bloke who can approach women like i did is VERRY attractive... think she means that if you can approach you come across as confident.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well done, Demonicale!

I am very happy that you are approaching and getting numbers. Keep me posted as to your success!

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
Well done, Demonicale!

I am very happy that you are approaching and getting numbers. Keep me posted as to your success!
Thanks!,
I'm not to your level yet, but like you i'm on a journey which i now see infront of me lol.

hmmm

With doing the day game i'm going to have to learn a few more thing's about talking to women before i attempt that.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #49

This is at Borders last night. I see the only sargeable girl in the place in the magazine section. She is seated. I open with my universal magazine opener, and she replies, "I'm not a nurse!" She had scrubs on. I said, "It doesn't matter' and keep going. She has a weird personality. One of those people that looks normal bu acts like the quiet girl from the Addams Family. After 2 min of convo, she gets up, introduces herself, shakes my hand, tells me her name, then WALKS AWAY! lol Nexxxxxxxxt...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #50

At Super Wal-Mart today.

See a cute girl in the milk area. I had a feeling she was going to Yougurt net, so I go there and wait. She rolls up. I ask about what kind is her fav, etc. She is not all that talkative. I figure what the heck, and close with, "Hey, you're pretty cute. What's your name?" She tells me, doesn't ask mine, doesn't extend her hand (I didn't extend hand either). I ask if she is single, and she says no.

I usually only ask if they are single if the convo sucks because I figure it is better than just walking away if she is hot.

Next! Bring on the next 50 slvts!

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude this journal is amazing! Im really impressed. You show whats possible if a "normal" guy and not some super PUA just gets out there and approaches.
keep up the good work, Ill be reading with interest!

Cure

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #51

Glad you're enjoying it, Cure. i hope it inspires you to approach as well.

Before i get into #51, I have to say that young, attractive girls seem to flock to Starbucks like insects to a porch light. I haven't done the Starbucks thing yet, but I'm going to get the laptop and take some paper work with me one day this week and spend an hour there. I see the hotties whenever i drive by one.

Number 51 was at Books a Million. See a young girl in the magazine section, sitting on a bench, talking on her cell. I fiddle around until she is off it. I can't decide if she is 18+ (turns out she is 20) so the 3s rule turns into the 3 minute rule. Way too long. I grab an US Weekly, a Cosmo, and an Entertainment Weekly and use my magazine opener. I have refined it from a "friend of a friend" to "my friend's new girlfriend". I open her on that, and she is friendly and helpful enough. She is reading a National Geographic, I bust her on that. Turns out she goes to the university i went to (4 hrs away). She is here for another week before summer session. She is not a partier. Her parents live 30 min south of her. We chit chat about school, etc, etc about 15 minutes. I ask her name, continue talking. Then, "Hey, I have to run. Want to talk again sometime?" She says yes, I get her number. I'll text tomorrow. I'll know quickly if she is game to hang out or not because I have to push it because of the time crunch. She doesn't ask my age and I don't volunteer it, obviously.

If she goes out with me i will put up a post about it.

It was my first quality conversation and number in about 10 days, so I needed this!

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
how to pull the birds

hi friend
apply the PREMACK PRINCIPLE

Approach 5 women on the street otherwise no wine for dinner you got to be that hard on yourself

ASK FOR DIRECTIONS THAT S TOtALLY CONGRUENT

ASK FOR A DIFFICULT PLACE TO FIND say yiou re visiting flats, you don t know the town you r a teacher

PUT ON A FRENCH ACCENT ( check out french accents on youtube ) the credibilty factor THE FOOT IN THE DOOR TECHNIQUE!!!

each time press her for her digits REALLY GO FOR THEM

AFTER SHE GONE OUT OF HER WAY TO FIND THE PLACE ( now she feels valued ) say you d like to invite her for a coffee sometime tear off a piece a paper in two write your digits on one piece and give her the other bit with your pen 9 X IN 10 SHE LL WRITE DOWN HER TELEPHONE NUMBER

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pissed at myself

I sometimes spend huge amount of time going all about trying to find girls to sarge. Today I am at Super Target to buy mothers day sh!t and I had 2 opportunities and couldn't get myself to approach. Damn. I hate when that happens. Why can the brain be so stupid sometimes?