Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

THE MASTER CLEANSE

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Well after suffering recent health issues like constipation for a few weeks followed by a major issue with acid reflux, I'm pretty sure ideas like this could help.

First off since being diagnosed with acid reflux, I've ran into tons of people who regularly take antacids for the same reason.
This tells me peoples diets are off.
I think antacids could help too. But since people got brainwashed a lot "Take this pill.. all your life, and you will be fine" they simply tend to spend money on the pills and forget about diets.
"Oh, I already spent money, I take pills, why would I diet? That is hard, it is much easier to just pay and take pills..."

They tend to forget that the pills do not cure anything, they will do some harm to teh body\stomach if you take them for years.

The solution? I had acid reflux. What I did is I drink some apple cider vinegar, diluted with water. I sip this solution for about 2 days and my acid reflux is gone!
But why it is gone? Not because vinegar is better than pills, but because it seems very unnatural to drink diluted vinegar for the rest of your life. So people who use vinger instead of pills tend to diet immediately. After you are off the vinegar solution, you are still dieting, i.e. not drinking alcohol, coffee etc since you know: once you go back, you will have to drink vinegar again.

Actually applecider vinegar help against constipation too, but not so drastically as it helps againt acid reflux.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_consti.htm
(Scroll down to Apple Cider Vinegar)

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
The most important thing is fasting means not eating anything: no food, no juice, no chewing gum, nothing. Only water.
Water fasts are harder on the body since you completely cut off all nutrients. I tried it and the hunger pangs were unbearable for me. Master Cleanse was a smooth ride by comparison and I actually had nuff fuel in the tank to do some light exercise along with my daily routine.

By the end of the fast you may end up thinner and yet flabby, or with loose skin folds.
Dang..how much weight did you lose?

Personally I never encountered this problem. Probably cuz I stayed active, sweated a lot and got some really good massages. (highly recommended)
I believe fasting can also cause long term thyroid problems.
It's true. You are deprived of sodium, which helps regulate the thyroid gland. The pure and nutritious sodium chloride of the sea salts will help avert this problem as your thyroid only needs trace amounts of these minerals to function properly.
I fasted for 2 weeks and 3 months later my hair started falling out in patches (telogen effluvium) as a result. Any longer and I may have lost my teeth too.
When the body isn't getting adequate nutrition it will go into emergency mode and start digesting muscle tissue and storing fat.
Sorry to hear that bro.... my guess is that you did a water or regular juice fast. There are all sorts of problems involved with these diets as they are not designed to provide a wide enough spectrum of vitamins and minerals and you experience deficiencies.

Dr. Burroughs breaks down the ingredients of the juice and how it will give your body adequate nutrition to sustain you through the cleanse...

About Lemon
The lemon is a loosening and cleansing agent with many important building factors. The ability of the elements in the lemon and the maple syrup working together creates these desired results.
• Its potassium strengthens and energizes the heart, stimulates and builds the kidneys and adrenal glands.
• Its oxygen builds vitality.
• Its carbon acts as a motor stimulant.
• Its hydrogen activates the sensory nervous system.
• Its calcium strengthens and builds the lungs.
• Its phosphorus knits the bones, stimulates and builds the brain for clearer thinking.
• Its sodium encourages tissue building.
• Its magnesium acts as a blood alkalizer.
• Its iron builds the red corpuscles to rapidly correct the most common forms of anemia.
• Its chlorine cleanses the blood plasmas
• Its silicon aids the thyroid for deeper breathing.
• The natural iron, copper, calcium, carbon, and hydrogen found in the sweetening supplies more building and cleansing material.
• It truly is a perfect combination for cleansing, eliminating, healing, and building. Hence, supplements are not needed during the diet and may actually interfere with its cleansing action.

About Maple Syrup:
The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugar and must be used, not some "substitute._

There are three grades of maple syrup. Grade A is the first run - mild in taste, sweet and with less minerals than the other grades. It is more expensive and less desirable but it may be used. Grade B is the second run with more minerals plus more maple taste. It is more suitable for the diet and is less expensive. Grade C is the third run with even more minerals and still stronger taste of maple and slightly less pleasant for most people, although acceptable in the diet. It is lower in price. As Grade C is less expensive it can be used as an excellent sweetening agent in preparing foods. The strong maple flavor blends very well.

The maple syrup has a large variety of minerals and vitamins. Naturally, the mineral and vitamin content will vary according to the area where the trees grow and the mineral content in the soil. These are the minerals found in average samples of syrup from Vermont:

Last edited:

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calcium is one of the most abundant elements on Earth, and it is the most abundant mineral in the human body. It has many important roles it performs like signaling biochemical processes in cells, controlling muscle contractions, initiating DNA synthesis, and building bones.
Other Sources of Calcium: Milk, yogurt, or cheese, pudding, ice cream, cottage cheese. Fortified orange juice, salmon, sardines, collard greens, kelp seaweed, arugula, figs, broccoli, almonds, spinach, tofu, dried beans, and lima beans.

Chloride has long been known to be essential to life. It is found in almost every tissue of the body, but more so in the blood chiefly as sodium chloride. It combines with hydrogen in the stomach to make hydrochloric acid, a powerful digestive enzyme that is responsible for the break down of proteins, absorption of other metallic minerals. It is also important in maintaining water balance throughout the body.
Other sources of Chloride: All plants and plant products contain chloride.

Copper is necessary for the growth, development, and maintenance of bone, connective tissue, brain, heart, and many other body organs. It is involved in the formation of red blood cells, the absorption and utilization of iron, and stimulates the immune system to fight infections, repair injured tissues, and promote healing.
Other sources of Copper: Molluscs and shellfish are rich sources of copper, as are betel leaves, arecanuts and other nuts. Soft water contains more copper than hard water and water from the tap contains more copper than reservoir water. However, the latter is a better source of copper than water taken directly from the stream.

Iron helps the blood and muscles supply oxygen to the body. It is a key component in hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying pigment in red blood cells, and in myoglobin, which delivers oxygen to the muscles.
Other sources of Iron: Meat, fish, wholegrain cereals and flours, leafy green vegetables, lentils, kidney beans, watermelon, raisins, grapefruit, tomatoes, apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, and avocados.

Manganese: is an antioxidant nutrient that is important in the breakdown of amino acids and the production of energy. It is also a catalyst in the breakdown of fats and cholesterol. It helps nourish the nerves and brain, is necessary for normal skeletal development, and helps to maintain sex hormone production and to regulate blood sugar levels.
Other sources of Manganese: Pineapple, pecans, almonds, peanuts, oatmeal, brown rice, beans, spinach andsweet potato.

Magnesium is known as the antistress mineral. ... It is necessary for vitamin C and calcium metabolism. It keeps teeth healthy, brings relief from indigestion and can aid in fighting depression.
Other sources of Magnesium: Dairy products, fish, meat, seafood, green leafy vegetables, bananas, broccoli, eggs, nuts, seeds, potatoes, whole grains, apples, brown rice, soybeans, tofu, raw honey, peaches, grapefruit, bran and yellow corn.

Phosphorus works with calcium to form bones and teeth. It creates and managed energy throughout your body; aids cell growth and repair, and maintain the body's fluid and electrolyte balance. It is essential for stimulating hormone production and helping the body utilize the B vitamins.
Other sources of Phosphorus: Dairy products, cereals, whole grains, bone meal, nuts, cheese, eggs, fish and poultry.

Potassium is of great physiological importance, contributing to the transmission of nerve impulses, the control of skeletal muscle contractility, and the maintenance of normal blood pressure. It is also critical to maintaining a normal heartbeat or heart rhythm.
Other sources of Potassium: Leafy dark greens, mushrooms, Brazil nuts, almonds, bananas, oranges, apricots, cantaloupes, mangos, papayas, dates, prunes, raisins, currants, apricots, wheat germ, salmon and sardines.

Silicon plays both a metabolic and structural role in the growth and development of bone, cartilage and connective tissue. It is required for the synthesis of collagen: the protein matrix found in connective tissue, and is the single most abundant protein in the human body.
Other Sources of Silicon: It is widely available as it is present in all plant life.

Sodium helps to metabolize excess fat and is important in physical and mental development. It helps to keep calcium and other minerals soluble in the blood, as well as stimulating the adrenal glands. It also plays a big role in assisting the cells to absorb nourishment and expel waste.
Other Sources of Sodium: Meat, fish, poultry, dairy foods, eggs, smoked meats, and olives.

Sulfur is a necessary component of all living cells.. It helps in the digestion of fats and controls the metabolism of carbohydrates. It is essential for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Along with B complex vitamins, it aids the liver in bile secretion and ejects much of the waste and poisonous matter from the system. It helps to keep the skin clear of blemishes and and is crucial to out immune system.
Other sources of Sulfur: Seafood, beef, liver, poultry, cheese apricots, peaches, Brazil nuts, peanuts Asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, peppers, onions and leeks.

Vitamin A also called retinol, helps your eyes adjust to light changes and improves the body's resistance to infection. It does this in part by maintaining the health of the skin, mucous membranes, and other surface linings (intestinal tract, urinary tract, respiratory tract) so that harmful bacteria and viruses can't get into your system.
Other sources of Vitamin A: Apricot, cantaloup, honeydew, orange, mango, plums, watermelon, broccoli, carrots, chard, endive, escarole, kale, mustard greens, peas, red bell pepper, plantains, pumpkin, spinach, squash, sweet potato, tomatoes, turnips.

Vitamin B1 is essential for the body to be able to use carbohydrate as an energy source as well as for metabolising amino acids. It is also involved in the production of chemicals that allow neurons in the body to communicate with one another and is crucial to the nervous system. Large amounts of Vitamin B1 are found in skeletal muscles, the heart, the brain, the kidneys and the liver. Very little of this vitamin is stored by the body and it needs to be replenished in the diet regularly.
Other sources of Vitamin B1: brown rice, wheatgerm, rice bran, brewer's yeast, soybeans, millet, whole grains (especially unprocessed oats), sunflower seeds, meat, fish, dairy foods (not cheese) and poultry.

Vitamin B2 is responsible for providing energy to the body during the conversion of glucose, from carbohydrates. They are also critically required for the metabolism of both fats and proteins, as well as the health and maintenance of the body's nervous system.
Other sources of Vitamin B2: Asparagus, mustard greens, broccoli, meat, eggs, Liver, milk, yogurt, soybeans, kale, cabbage, spinach and whole grains.

Vitamin B6 is involved with more than 100 enzymatic reactions, which makes its function in the body is diverse and far-reaching. It processes carbohydrates, supports nervous system activity, metabolizes sulfur and methyl and aids in the elimination of toxins from the body.
Other sources of Vitamin B6: Asparagus, brussels sprouts, chard, carrots, eggplant, squash, kale, ginger root, yam, potato, onions, mushrooms, flax seeds, meat, poultry, liver, fish, strawberries, avocado, pineapple, watermelon, banana, and grapes.

Vitamin C is a a cell protector, immunity booster, and powerful antioxidant. The body's ligaments, tendons, and collagen rely on the presence of vitamin C to stay strong and healthy. It counters the effects of cell-damaging molecules called free radicals and accelerates healing by inhibiting inflammation. It is also an effective antihistamine and helps prevent many types of allergies.
Other sources of Vitamin C: Red bell peppers, parsley, broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, lemons, lettuce, mustard greens, brussel sprouts, papaya, kale, turnips, grapefruit, kiwi, melons, oranges, cabbage, tomato, spinach, asparagus, celery, cucumber, fennel, pineapple, watermelon, carrots, garlic, corn avocado..and much more.

Niacin is essential for conversion of the body's proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into usable energy. It can synthesize starch that can be stored in the body's muscles and liver for eventual use as an energy source as well. Our DNA's construction would be impossible without a healthy supply of niacin. Many genetic disorders are linked to niacin deficiencies.
Other sources of Niacin: Mushrooms, fish, soy sauce, poultry, liver, seafood, asparagus, lettuce, tomato, mustard greens, squash, carrots, eggplant, peanuts, spinach, fennel, mustard seeds, kale and cantalope.

Pantothenic Acid plays a pivotal role in helping release energy from sugars, starches, and fats on a cellular level. It also changes the shape and function of proteins which makes it crucial for the immune system.
Other sources of Pantothenic Acid: Mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, liver, turnips, sunflower seeds, tomato, strawberry, grapefruit, yogurt, milk, eggs, squash, collard greens, chard and corn.

All of these nutrients are found in abundance in Grade B & C Maple syrups.

NOTICE: Some uninformed operators of the sugaring of the maple syrup do use formaldehyde pellets, run through polyethylene tubing but there are many more that don't. Search out and demand the kind not using formaldehyde.
Not once in my 10 days of cleansing did I experience the crippling physical hunger associated with most fasts. In fact, I felt more alive and energetic than I had felt in a long time and the effect was a lasting one.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
From what I experienced neither 5 nor 10 days of fasting cured my simple hay fever allergy.
The only cure is to completely avoid processed food after the fast. This includes chemical pesticides in plants, hormones and antibiotic products in meat, harmful preservatives, artificial colorings and refined foods which not only have no nutritional value but have been linked to many diseases and allergies.

This is probably why my hayfever never came back. My diet is a lot healthier now (I cook organic @ home everyday) and I fast once a year. I have much more energy these days and thank god I finally got rid of those terrible allergies. They really are the worst.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_consti.htm
Nice post man. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you, dude!

Keep in mind that you are detoxing and your acne might actually get worse before it gets better. While you are fasting it may help to apply some topical assistance to help clear those pores. You can make some replenishing masks with a few items from your fridge...

Cabbage Mask Cabbage is rich in vitamins and minerals. Its deep cleansing, anti-inflammatory and cooling action makes it a valuable mask for acne.

Ingredients: ¼ small green cabbage 1 large carrot juiced or 2 tablespoon fresh carrot juice ½ lemon 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons of green clay powder

Throw away the outer leaves of the cabbage. Rinse and chop the remainder of the cabbage. Combine the cabbage, carrot juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice and the olive oil in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Mix together three tablespoons of puree with the clay powder. If the mask seems dry add more olive oil or carrot juice. Apply the mask and leave for around 20 minutes. Remove the mask with water and cotton wool and dry. Close the pores using a chamomile infusion or rosewater. Use the cabbage mask once a week.

Cucumber Mask Cucumber is a natural rejuvenator for the skin, with its hydrating, nourishing and astringent properties. Cucumbers have the same pH as the skin so they help to restore the skin’s protective and natural acid mantle.

Ingredients: 1 cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon witch hazel (you can buy this in any drug store), 1 egg white, beaten with an electric beater until fluffy.

Peel the cucumber and run it through a blender or a food processor. Pour the cucumber pulp into a colander or strainer and force it through, catching the liquid that comes out in a bowl underneath. Combine the cucumber liquid with the lemon juice and the witch hazel. Stir it and add the beaten egg white gently. Put it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 25 minutes. Rinse off.

Blemish Healing Mask The Vitamin C of tomato, astringent power of lemon and the soothing properties of oatmeal make this an excellent choice for healing existing blemishes.

Ingredients: 1 Tomato (ripe, chopped), 1 tsp Lemon juice, 1 tbsp Instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats.

Blend everything until just combined. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is thick enough to stay on blemished areas: cheeks, forehead, or chin. If necessary, add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water.

Whichever mask you decide works for you, make sure to:

1. Find a calm time when you are not rushed.
2. Cleanse the skin with warm water.
3. Steam your face for 1-2 minutes to open the pores. Heat a pot of water till boiling, then place a towel over your head and your face above the steam.
4. Apply the mask evenly avoiding the eyes. If the mask is very liquid apply using cotton wool. A second layer can be applied after a few minutes.
5. Lye down and relax keeping your face muscles still for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the mask with cotton wool and water.

Herb Rinse The following teas can be applied directly to your skin after a mask with a fresh cotton cloth.<br>
a) chamomile which is purifying
b) yarrow to eliminate toxins
c) catnip which is an antiseptic
d) lavender which is antiseptic
e) thyme which is a strong germ killer

Notice: In general, don't apply any facial masks or rinses more often than about twice a week, and try to vary the ingredients. Test all liquids on the inside of your wrist first before putting it on your face.

PREVENTION

When you do start eating again, reduce your intake of sugar (including excessive amounts of fruit juices), sweets, processed flour, baked goods, and trans or hydrogenated fats. Examples include donuts, cookies, pastry, ice cream, pies, etc. Use Stevia, the no calorie natural sweetener rather than sugar. Regularly eating breads, cakes, chips and other staples of Western culture is likely to promote acne. Sodas are a significant source of sugar and caffeine, a one-two punch that dehydrates your body and leads to yet more acne. Switch to water, herbal teas, and vegetable juices. You can sweeten herbal teas with stevia, honey or maple syrup. ??Reduce intake of nuts, including brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, and filberts. Peanuts and peanut butter may provoke acne in some individuals. If you eat nuts, limit your intake to small amounts and preferably eat raw nuts. ??Reduce intake of milk products, including ice cream and cheese. There is a high amount of hormones produced in the milk of cows, particularly in the milk of pregnant cows, which makes up the bulk of marketed milk and dairy products. Milk from pregnant cows contains progesterone, 5-alpha reduced steroids, and other steroid hormones. These hormones, when consumed, can break down into dihydrotestestosterone (DHT), the final molecule that turns on oil-making cells. If you are a dairy fiend like me, then you would be wise to buy organic, hormone-free dairy from free range cows. Check your local organic food market.

INDIRECT HEALING
Increase intake of foods that may improve acne such as fish (halibut, salmon, tuna, sardines). These contain important omega 3 oils such as EPA and DHA. You can also buy flax seeds which are among the richest sources of omega 3 fatty acids in the world. They will make a difference in the health of your skin.

Eat as many vegetables as you wish, preferably organic. Eat a wide variety, not just the few that most American eat. The combination of fish and vegetables is likely to be the healthiest meal for those with acne. Consider taking fish oil capsules if your intake of fish is fewer than twice a week.??Increase your intake of water. Drink a glass or two of cold water first thing in the morning to eliminate the bowels. Drink 4 to 8 glasses of water per day, more in hot weather.

Good Luck!

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whattup Shezz?

Yeah, acne is one of those tricky things that varies greatly from person to person. I got rid of mine with proper dieting and home-made facial masks/scrubs/etc, but come to think of it, my case was never that severe to begin with.

It's true what you say: exercise & drinking as much water as you can is key to preventing most problems. I did not know about the alcohol/moisterizer problem, though it makes total sense. Thanks 4 sharin

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whoa. Hey fingz, that's a lot of good info. Thanks. I did a mini-cleanse years ago which basically consisted of psylium husks, eating lighter and healthier and tons of water for three weeks. That amazingly helped a lot. The more I read, though, the more I see that the digestive tract and toxins are the cause of lots of problems.

So, I'm going to give your cleanse a shot in February.

Question: I'm concerned about loss of vitamins and minerals (and hair as someone pointed out as a result) ... is it okay or advisable or problematic to also take in vitamins during this fast? I've stopped by my local health store and found that there is liquid or powder vitamins that could be mixed into this fast. I know you've said that the concoction gives enough vitamins, but I would want to be doubly sure, even at the risk of taking in too many. Thoughts?

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey prosemont! Nice to see we still got some OG gangster players still laying the law down here.

In regards to your plans:

I would advise you to wait until it gets warm. I started my first fast on February in NYC, the cold was very bitter and made fasting extremely difficult. Your body craves more food when it's cold to pad itself with fat and it is good to sweat a lot while you do this, so June would be a much better time! If you are bent on doing a Feb cleanse, make sure you are in a well heated place (access to a sauna wouldn't hurt either)

As for vitamins and supplements, according to Dr. Burroughs, they are un-necessary and can actually interfere with the cleansing process. I researched this myself and it turns out that vitamins which have been processed and isolated from others can't compete with the natural combination of nutrients found in nature. Sure you can take Vitamin C pills and they will do some good. But they got nothing on a balanced, original source.

Take lemons for example. Most people think..who needs a lemon for vitamin C when I can just pop a pill? What they don't realize is that certain vitamins help each other and sometimes they can cancel each other out. Nature gives us food that comes with "Vitamin teams": nutrients that work much better as a group than isolated. You may be thinking "vitamin C" when you drink lemon juice, but it also contains:

Potassium - 80 mg
Calcium - 15mg
Phosphorus - 9.2 mg
Magnesium - 4.6 mg
Iron - .35 mg
Also contains trace amounts of selenium, zinc, manganese and copper.

These nutrients work very well together, and there is no need for you to worry about vitamins cancelling each other out, or overdosing. Over millions of years of trial and error, nature has done all the calculating for you.

In my 3 years of experience, not only have I not suffered any deficiencies, but the dozens of folks I know who have done it are all in an optimal state of health...no hair loss, no impotence and no teeth falling out. These are things that happen to people who fast only on water, a dangerous process that Dr. Burroughs warns against.

It is important to understand that this is more of a cleansing diet than a fast, and this is why people have safely completed the Master Cleanse in a span of up to 100 days. Technically, you are still eating food, but in liquid form. Some people add psylium clay to their lemonade (Ultimate Master Cleanse) to not only cleanse the colon better, but to add body to the drink and "fill" themselves up more.

If you have any doubts about the nutritional content of this diet, I say buy the ingredients ahead of time, wait tiill you get really really hungry (stomach growling) and toss back one of these lemonades. I think that, like me, you will be utterly amazed how it totally knocks your hunger out and gives you a boost of energy.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Fingz. I may wait til Spring to do this then. That seems to make some sense. Also, thanks for the info on the vitamins. I'm going to give this cleanse a shot. For now, I may do a mini-cleanse for a couple of weeks to clear out all the shiite I've been eating around the holidays.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by prosemont
I'm going to give this cleanse a shot. For now, I may do a mini-cleanse for a couple of weeks to clear out all the shiite I've been eating around the holidays.
Just a reminder: if you decide do fasting, then you should drink only water, nothing else: no vitamins, no juice etc.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Señor Fingers
It is important to understand that this is more of a cleansing diet than a fast, and this is why people have safely completed the Master Cleanse in a span of up to 100 days. Technically, you are still eating food, but in liquid form. Some people add psylium clay to their lemonade (Ultimate Master Cleanse) to not only cleanse the colon better, but to add body to the drink and "fill" themselves up more.

On behalf of the other Brothers who've been reading this, Props to you.

My question is, Is this safe for type II diabetics such as I?

Coincidentally, I watched a biography today about star makovers and Robin Quivers contributes her rejuvenation to Master Cleanse.

Something to think about . . .

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
If you want to try new diets out for your acne regime - try adding some of the following foods into your diet:
Changes you can make to get rid of acne are:

-Drop dairy products
-Consume more EFAs, mainly Omega 3's
-Drop fried foods and hydrogenated oils

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a reminder: if you decide do fasting, then you should drink only water, nothing else: no vitamins, no juice etc.
Then I guess we will just have to acknowledge the fact that the Master Cleanse is not a fast. From now on, we will refer to it as a cleansing diet. I would not last more than 24 hours on a water fast. I tried ... not happenin.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Changes you can make to get rid of acne are:

-Drop dairy products
-Consume more EFAs, mainly Omega 3's
-Drop fried foods and hydrogenated oils
This doesn't work for everyone, me included (though it's a good diet practise regardless). Benzoyl peroxide is still king of acne cures.

KarmaSutra,

Please ask your doctor first. Don't take the word of anyone on the Internet for something that serious, especially when they don't even claim to be a doctor or dietician.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
Please ask your doctor first. Don't take the word of anyone on the Internet for something that serious, especially when they don't even claim to be a doctor or dietician.
Thanks for hitting this home again Shifty. Talk to your doc, especially if you have any chronic illness.

At the same time, yall should realize that this diet was invented and put into practice by a respected doctor, not some internet quack, and thousands of people have done this successfully.

If any of you question how legit this is, I think you would stand ot gain much from reading Stanley Burroughs book, "The Master Cleanse" Its a small paperback that sells for about 10 bucks, but of course you know I got your back. Here it is, the Fingers discount gets you a free read...

Enjoy

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/7244/master_cleanse.html

My question is, Is this safe for type II diabetics such as I?
I am pretty ignorant of the types of diabetes, so I advise you to talk to your doc about it, then get a second opinion and maybe a third just to be smart.

The Cleanse has been shown to cure diabetes, but it is recommended that you be under medical observation as you undergo this process...

Mr. Burroughs’ book, "The Master Cleanser" describes the entire program, including directions for diabetics to get off insulin. I, myself, believe that diabetics should be under the care of their doctors if they choose to follow the Burroughs program. For diabetics, he does not advocate that they use maple syrup in the beginning, but to use blackstrap molasses. Lemon juice, maple syrup and blackstrap molasses are very high in all mineral and vitamins.
An excerpt from "The Master Cleanse"
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIABETICS

Diabetes is the result of a deficiency diet consisting in part of white sugar and white flour. The lemonade with blackstrap molasses (as opposed to maple syrup) is an ideal way to correct this deficiency. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY FOR BEST RESULTS. The molasses supplies the necessary elements for the pancreas to produce insulin. As the necessary elements are supplied to the pancreas, the amount of insulin taken may also be gradually reduced—as an example.

On the first day use a scant tablespoon of molasses to each glass of lemonade and reduce insulin by about 10 units. Daily from then on reduce the insulin as you increase the molasses to 2 full tablespoons per glass. When this proportion has been reached the insulin can normally be eliminated; then replace the molasses with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in each glass. Make regular checks of the sugar level in the urine and blood to satisfy yourself and eliminate any possible fear.

Reiki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you enter ketosis? Most people find they function better when in ketosis.. (also explains the tongue issue)

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about air and water? Those are filled with all kinds of pollutants too, especially if you live or work in the city. If you wanted to eliminate all forms of contamination, then you'd need to drink only extremely clean water and carry an air filter around with you ... or live in the middle of nowhere.

Is organically grown food really that much better for you? I understand no pesticides or hormones, but that wouldn't eliminate all the crap that's in our food, even non-processed food. I've heard that it's expensive too, enough to make it difficult to eat nothing but organic food on the average income.

I suppose that after the fast, you could keep drinking these things every day, in addition to a healthy, organically grown diet; could that get/keep everything out that gets in other ways than food?

Casino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to dismiss any extreme measures to improve your health such as the Master Cleanse.

Eating unprocessed foods and the occasional enema will do the trick.

Pilo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fingerz what's the deal with you and the massages?:p
Anyways Im gonna fast for 30 days to get rid of my airborne allergy. By the way you never mentioned if you got cured.
Wish me luck guys, I will probably need it cuz is winter and i have a physical and mental demanding job.
Peace