Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Amazing Power of the Permanent Smile

Jay Julio

Banned
Reaction score
This is a very basic tip, but it produces amazing results if you don't already do it.

First, do you ever pay attention to your facial expression when you're out in public, and what it's communicating to the people who observe you? And do you ever question how that expression causes people to respond and receive you?

Do you walk around with a straight face, or maybe even a frown, perhaps unconsciously?

If you do, start consciously practicing wearing a small smile instead and train yourself to make it a habit whenever your out in public. Just allow the corners of your mouth to be pulled up slightly and held there. I'm not talking about a full out smile here, but a sort of grin that says, "I'm so lucky to be alive" or even "I know a secret other don't." It can help to continually remind yourself of the things you're grateful for. This will naturally cause you to smile to yourself.

If you're just starting to practice this, it will probably feel strange at first. It may feel unnatural because it's an unfamiliar feeling. The muscles in your face may even become sore. But if you continue to practice it, it will eventually start to feel normal to you. This takes about a week.

What will start happening when you do this is people will start responding to you much more openly. You'll find people, including women of course, start giving you smiles and saying "Hi" to you.

Wearing a permanent small smile on your face communicates to others that you're a positive, good-natured, friendly person who's open to connecting with others. A straight face or a frown does the opposite. It repels people unconsciously. It prevents people from wanting to interact with you and actually stops them from opening communication.

So if you want to start having women smiling at you as you move through the world, I would encourage you to practice wearing a permanent small smile on your face until you make it a habit and you do it without thinking about it.

You might be amazed at how your reality changes.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the person. I tried smiling in my day to day but found it was a bad look for me.

There are studies out there that say that women are more attracted to men who don't smile. That's what my personal experience shows. A man who smiles sparingly (and who smirks with a half-hearted smile) is going to appear more mysterious and less affected by his surroundings. A part of male attractiveness is the conveyance of detachment. A man who wears a smile all the time is not detached and reserved. Rather, he is giving himself away in a sense.

While a smiling man may seem more approachable in a friendly sense, I think that he would be less attractive in a sexual sense.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I think it depends on the person. I tried smiling in my day to day but found it was a bad look for me.

There are studies out there that say that women are more attracted to men who don't smile. That's what my personal experience shows. A man who smiles sparingly (and who smirks with a half-hearted smile) is going to appear more mysterious and less affected by his surroundings. A part of male attractiveness is the conveyance of detachment. A man who wears a smile all the time is not detached and reserved. Rather, he is giving himself away in a sense.

While a smiling man may seem more approachable in a friendly sense, I think that he would be less attractive in a sexual sense.
yes and no. you can still be mysterious if you smile. women love happy men.

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this only counts for women.
When a woman is smiling a lot I feel attracted to her.
When a man is smiling too much I don't respect him and distrust him, I subconsciously feel that he is trying to prove something and sees himself as a low value beta male trying to fit in. I think of salesmen for instance who smile a little too much that I don't trust him.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points all around on this thread. There is a lot to be said for the context of the smile.

My favorite smile is the crazy guy smile. Imagine a very intimidating person just challenged you with horrible threats, a weapon, whatever. They did so to instill fear, which is natural and logical to feel in such a situation...unless you're crazy. Then you smile and genuinely laugh at a joke that only you understand. I cannot understate the defusing effect of that smile on the anger of one's adversary. The fear they were trying to instill bounces back and hits them instead. They're afraid of finding out whatever it is that you're smiling about.

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
13) Excessive smiling. Studies of primates have shown that
beta males will smile as a way to signal their harmlessness
to stronger males. Beta humans smile to show they’re not a
threat. The alpha male, however, only smiles when there is
something to smile about. And yes—he can be a threat. - John Alexander
Lol people still use the words Alpha and Beta in 2017? I'm 24 and it sounds silly to me

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a woman should be rewarded with a mans smile, this way scarcity creates value, and she will remember your smile

99% of other things in a womans presence should be done with a poker face, a little smerk to keep her on the ropes, rolling your eyes cause shes complete hassle

she will try and validate herself to you, and believe me shell go to the moon and back if she cant tell where she stands with you,

even when you tell a joke or a funny/twisted story, it should be done with a poker face. at max a little smerk

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. it's a matter of timing, imo. You can't just go around smiling, or else you'll look like a psycho.
2. Having a smirk on your face goes a long way when dealing with women.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. it's a matter of timing, imo. You can't just go around smiling, or else you'll look like a psycho.
2. Having a smirk on your face goes a long way when dealing with women.

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find when I look moody and p*ssed off that's when women go out of their way to talk to me. Which is weird. When I smile they just go straight for that friendzone...