Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Suicide grip vs normal grip

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On bench press, the way I learned it was suicide so that's just the way I've been doing it. But I talked to one of the trainers who works at the gym I go to and asked about any kind of issues with my bench and he mentioned that for my goals, I might want to use a regular grip because it activates the lats. I was just wondering about the validity of this statement and what else the differences between them are.

Alexander Thomas

Reaction score
TBH, with suicide grip, I feel like I get a better burn in my chest than with regular grip. Its easy for your wrists to start bending backward when benching heavy weight + regular grip.

Not sure if its just me, but I feel the chest is worked much more when using suicide grips.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suicide grip gives me a better feedback in terms of strenght output and chest work but given the heavy weights on the bench press for safety reason its better to move to a regular one unless you have some kind of safe to protect you.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TBH, with suicide grip, I feel like I get a better burn in my chest than with regular grip. Its easy for your wrists to start bending backward when benching heavy weight + regular grip.

Not sure if its just me, but I feel the chest is worked much more when using suicide grips.
Suicide grip gives me a better feedback in terms of strenght output and chest work but given the heavy weights on the bench press for safety reason its better to move to a regular one unless you have some kind of safe to protect you.
But does it actually engage your lats too or is it so slight that it's just negligible?