Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Stay Single"

Dink

Don Juan
Reaction score
i doubt little girls dream about marrige, but when i was a little boy the last thing on my mind was women and marriage. their smoking dope.

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten:

u r right. not ALL guys are good and not ALL girls are bad. <BUT> this topic was slanted for guys to stay single as an alternative to being with women. so thats why most of these posts are a little critical of women.

dink:

i dunno. ever look at a little girls coloring books? theres plenty of examples to little girls of brides being put on a pedestal. besides, just look at the wedding itself. EVRYBODY knows who the bride is. the groom? well, u do have it narrowed down to 1 of 15 guys in tuxedos. like i said before, go figure.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by studmuffin15:
penkitten:

<BUT> this topic was slanted for guys to stay single as an alternative to being with women.

i guess my point was alot of us want to stay single forever also

Ivan Drago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I too am against the process of marriage but I believe in a life partner. I am going to wait as long as possible to finally settle on one woman and I am not going to marry her - but I will live out the rest of my life with her.

Think about it - do you really want to grow old by yourself? Do you really want to die alone?

Reaction score
Visit the old folks home and you will see that most of their mate is dead and they are alone. Don't get married for the fear of being alone because it will catch up with you eventually...unless you go before everyone else.... or you can always be the DJ at the old folks home, probably will have to change the 3sec rule to like 6 sec or something....

B1ok

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey no problem ! just front my ticket and I'm there

------------------
If I'd known that Heaven was this good I would have died years ago !

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One other statistic to remember - of the 49% of marriages that don't end in divorce, 99% of the men are unhappy.

I always thought I'd be married by now (I'm just about 30) but there comes a point in every relationship where the b.s. and hassles simply are no longer worth it, and of course sex always becomes a rare commodity after a while, despite the fact that all the women I dated wanted it 3 times a day, every day in the beginning. By 6 months, once a week is lucky, and it's all downhill after that.

I'm not 100% closed to the idea of getting married, but with each successive breakup I become a little more picky and a little less tolerant of women's behavior. I also appreciate the single life more each time I "re-discover" it.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool topic. As for myself, I would like to get married but with all the crap involved I would not do it till I'm in my late 30ies.

I will never marry out of 'love'. It will be a cold calculated guess with a contract attached to it which dives me freedom in case of divorce.

You say 50% end with divorce. It does not mean that there's 50% chance of your marriage ending in divorce. People can marry more than once in a lifetime.

So lets say the average person marries 2 times in a lifetime. It means that 66% of couples will make it work from the first try, but 33$ will divorce and marry againand then divorce again. Only by doing this they will make 50% divotce rate.

So the odds are in your favour.

------------------
_-=/Comrade Vronski\=-_

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vronski:
Cool topic. As for myself, I would like to get married but with all the crap involved I would not do it till I'm in my late 30ies.

I will never marry out of 'love'. It will be a cold calculated guess with a contract attached to it which dives me freedom in case of divorce.

You say 50% end with divorce. It does not mean that there's 50% chance of your marriage ending in divorce. People can marry more than once in a lifetime.

So lets say the average person marries 2 times in a lifetime. It means that 66% of couples will make it work from the first try, but 33$ will divorce and marry againand then divorce again. Only by doing this they will make 50% divotce rate.

So the odds are in your favour.

Um, no, actually, I think that the 50% number is for first marriages. The divorce rate for second marriages (where the first ended in divorce) is even higher supposedly, although I'm too lazy to research this right now, I do remember stats to that effect. It appears that for second and later marriages, the fear of getting divorced (one of the things that keeps first marriages together longer) is no longer there and the couples are less apt to put up with a lot of b.s. from the second spouse.

DJ Ice

Don Juan
Reaction score
great post.

Ivan Drago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Scorpion King:
Visit the old folks home and you will see that most of their mate is dead and they are alone. Don't get married for the fear of being alone because it will catch up with you eventually...unless you go before everyone else.... or you can always be the DJ at the old folks home, probably will have to change the 3sec rule to like 6 sec or something....
I don't believe anyone here is still going to be out picking up women when they are 65. But ideally you still have about 25 years to go before you die. Do you really want to spend your last 25 years by yourself slowly falling apart?

I don't believe in marriage, but I am not going to spend my last 25 years alone. So I will have to find a woman I want to spend the end of my life with. I just need one that doesn't believe in marriage herself.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage makes sense if you want to have kids. If not, why bother. The beauty of becoming a DJ is that you are able to consistantely attract quality women (this took quite some time for me to accomplish). Once you have the necessary skills, you will realize that there are numerous beautifull women out there that would be great for a LTR. Armed with this knowledge, I believe that I will better be able to avoid the marriage trap. Maybe by the time I am 40-45 I will be ready to marry some Hot 30 year Old and start a familly.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta give props to ( . )( . ) and fan27 for bumping this older thread. I read through all four pages of responses and have to say that this is the most interesting thread I've read on this board in a long time.

As for marriage, yep, the odds are right on 50/50 that it will turn into divorce. Will I take those odds in an airplane crash? Certainly not. Will I take those odds in marriage? Absolutely. However, will I be hasty in my decision? Never.

Marriage isn't a big social event where you and your wife can finally feel "all grown up" and climb some social hierarchy. It is a commitment few people understand. It is a commitment emotionally, physically, spiritually, and most importantly financially (as proved by many a divorce case).

So why do I believe that marriage can work for me? The answer is simple...I believe in marriage, of this Holy Union, because I believe I have the ability to give the Love that drives a marriage to work unconditionally. And, if I have the ability to carry this love, then, in a world with millions of women...I believe I will find one. Plain and simple.

Am I ready for marriage now? Maybe not. I still enjoy the single scene. I still enjoy the freedom to go to the gym after a long day at work. I still enjoy having a Nuked TV dinner in front of the TV while I watch old re-runs of Three's Company and Married With Children.

But, in due time, the woman who can match what I have to offer in marriage will be mine...in time. My definition of a DJ isn't the number of women I can bed, I'd rather read books than worry about STD's. My definition of a DJ is to be an independant, well-rounded man - who in the end - will ultimately find his match in a woman.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Just b carefull!

Most pple are looking 2 settle down 1 day. So I tell ppl 2 b carefull and analyze all the details ,and ins and outs of that possibility> ME personally right now i'm in that PLAYA 4 life way of thinking ,but i would perfer 2 have a gf and have my eye open 4 a possible candidate.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Just b carefull!

Originally posted by THA REALNESS
Most pple are looking 2 settle down 1 day. So I tell ppl 2 b carefull and analyze all the details ,and ins and outs of that possibility> ME personally right now i'm in that PLAYA 4 life way of thinking ,but i would perfer 2 have a gf and have my eye open 4 a possible candidate.
Did you read all the responses? Or did you just read the original post and the last page of responses? If so, re-read this material, you might learn a bit. And please, leave the ebonics at home. Ok Playa Playa on the heezy fo sheeze johny blazin hot nickelzzz fo shizzle? I'm audi 5000 g money!

hitop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll consider marriage, IF she's got it together that is. If she proves that she would become just as good a wife as she would be a mother. I believe that many women long to be a mother but when it comes down to it, realize that they have no aspirations to be a devoted wife.

This is where the beginning of the end starts to occur and is rather irreversible. This is where the feminist spin pollutes the female "think and decide by committee" mind. Because my God, They think that to be a devoted wife to a man would relegate them to a life of oppression by the evil male patriarch.

Good Article on marriage

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read alot of posts on here saying that men are unhappy in marriage, but I think the truth is that those men are JUST UNHAPPY PERIOD.

Maybe they thought a woman would make them happy, but there is no key to happiness. If a man cannot show himself happiness, no woman or man can either. Happiness comes from within, and if you depend on someone else then that is just a burden on them, which results in even more unhappiness. And this is vice versa.

Find happiness before you find a wifey, and make sure she has found happiness too.

If you can't be happy alone you can't be happy with anyone else either.

Get right.