Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

something for the under-18's

Fallen33

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
What's the alternative, a steady diet of video games b/c we don't want "stunt their growth", but we will "stunt their mind?"
A-Unit
I disagree. Videogames take FAR more thought in areas such as problem/puzzle solving and hand-eye coordination than watching TV or surfing the net. I agree that too much is bad, simply because the kid would never get any fresh air or exercise. But to say it will stunt your mind is absurd.

unknowngod

Don Juan
Reaction score
So your saying that any type of cutting when your under 18 is bad? Even if your overweight -wouldnt the risks of being overweight be worse? I.e. Elevated estrogen levels due to being overweight causing an imbalance in hormones, which would **** up growth too right?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a fat physique is not nessesarily bad. Alot of world class lifters/wrestlers/ect have the fat physique. Look at rulon gardner. That guy looks hella fat, yet he's an oylmpic gold medelist in wrestilng, something that requires both strength and stamina. He kicked the asses out of those ripped-ass 6-pack guys.

What is dangerious is physical inactivity and bad diet, which is usually associated with fat people. Just make sure you are eating and exercising right, and then don't give a crap of what your physical shape is. You'll have your college years to cut, but before 18 is a really effective time for growth.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Having a fat physique is not nessesarily bad. Alot of world class lifters/wrestlers/ect have the fat physique. Look at rulon gardner. That guy looks hella fat, yet he's an oylmpic gold medelist in wrestilng, something that requires both strength and stamina. He kicked the asses out of those ripped-ass 6-pack guys.
absolutely, and thats a good point. many olympic weight lifters, wrestlers, etc are bulky and not "ripped", but they are going to the olympics for their sport. Often times, doing even better against people who are "leaner". obviously they are doing something right, even if they dont have the "ideal body". why change what works?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait, so now we're arguing that being aesthetically "fat" is not a bad thing? :)

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical inactivity and unhealthy diets are a bad thing, and usually that leads to fat physique, but a fat physique itself in not dangerious.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re;

I play video games, but when you compare ALTERNATES...

*Lifting, running, sports, etc.
*Reading, joining public groups.

...for kids, there's a decided difference. Video games for the mind are like choosing masturbating over sex with a hot woman. It doesn't fulfillingly replace the true action. You can beat it, but sex is better with some1 you love, or at least care for. You can play games, but there are better ways to work on hand-eye coordination, such as physical sports and hobbies. There's also better ways to work on puzzles, such as doing actual mind bending puzzles. There are few educational puzzles. Again, I play games like Halo, and now WoW, from time to time, but I can't honestly put video games in a category with other skills and hobbies that will build a better future for myself, or any family I may create.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And having EXCESSIVE fat is unhealthy. A long-time ago, Mens Health wrote an article on a man shaped like a big beach ball, who could do marathons, ride a bike over 100's of miles, and lift and job, yet he was big and round. It called into question our definition of "fit". This man was VERY active.

Lifting a ton and being fat is NOT healthy. Lifting is good, and it will change one's shape, but it won't help your cardio, your endurance, or your recovery ability. It's great when it calls to question issues of posture, or lifting anything, or standing still without pain, and the like, but if all you did was eat big and lift big, sure you'd get big, but ideally, you wouldn't be In great shape. You could be a lineman in the NFL, but that isn't ideal for health either. Carrying that much weight w/out strengthing the tendons and joints leads to many health problems. Fat does help powerlifters with some issues of strength, so if you're competitive IT DOES help, but if competition is not your goal, it's only energy waiting to be used. And fat DOES increase estrogen in the body and therefore it causes the cycle of fat addition we see prevalent in America. The more Fat you have, the more likelihood that calories will elect to convert to fat, because of the presene of Estrogen in/around fat cells.

A-Unit

VSTbeserk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly for people just starting out i don't think they should be worrying about this until they have more a few years of lifting of dieting under their belt. This is the first time i've heard about milk being this bad though. Do you have Reliable sources where i can read more??

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VSTbeserk said:
Honestly for people just starting out i don't think they should be worrying about this until they have more a few years of lifting of dieting under their belt. This is the first time i've heard about milk being this bad though. Do you have Reliable sources where i can read more??
Milk is sh it. Google for information, you should find plenty!

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
I play video games, but when you compare ALTERNATES...

*Lifting, running, sports, etc.
*Reading, joining public groups.

...for kids, there's a decided difference. Video games for the mind are like choosing masturbating over sex with a hot woman. It doesn't fulfillingly replace the true action. You can beat it, but sex is better with some1 you love, or at least care for. You can play games, but there are better ways to work on hand-eye coordination, such as physical sports and hobbies. There's also better ways to work on puzzles, such as doing actual mind bending puzzles. There are few educational puzzles. Again, I play games like Halo, and now WoW, from time to time, but I can't honestly put video games in a category with other skills and hobbies that will build a better future for myself, or any family I may create.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And having EXCESSIVE fat is unhealthy. A long-time ago, Mens Health wrote an article on a man shaped like a big beach ball, who could do marathons, ride a bike over 100's of miles, and lift and job, yet he was big and round. It called into question our definition of "fit". This man was VERY active.

Lifting a ton and being fat is NOT healthy. Lifting is good, and it will change one's shape, but it won't help your cardio, your endurance, or your recovery ability. It's great when it calls to question issues of posture, or lifting anything, or standing still without pain, and the like, but if all you did was eat big and lift big, sure you'd get big, but ideally, you wouldn't be In great shape. You could be a lineman in the NFL, but that isn't ideal for health either. Carrying that much weight w/out strengthing the tendons and joints leads to many health problems. Fat does help powerlifters with some issues of strength, so if you're competitive IT DOES help, but if competition is not your goal, it's only energy waiting to be used. And fat DOES increase estrogen in the body and therefore it causes the cycle of fat addition we see prevalent in America. The more Fat you have, the more likelihood that calories will elect to convert to fat, because of the presene of Estrogen in/around fat cells.

A-Unit

What about if you're fat and have good cardio/stamina? I think some people are just more efficient being fat. You see it in sports all the time like olympic wrestler rulon gardner, or world class kickboxer/MMA-ist Mark Hunt.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Milk is sh it. Google for information, you should find plenty!

Hey Alex, this whole thing about milk has really struck me and I'd like to know if you think it's just plainly BAD and shouldn't even be drunk, or if it's just not the best thing around and you could find far better sources of calories/proteins/carbs/fat/etc.

Actually the only thing that I have the opportunity to consume a lot is milk. Should I cut it out anyway and eat average? Or given this, it's better than nothing?

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
Hey Alex, this whole thing about milk has really struck me and I'd like to know if you think it's just plainly BAD and shouldn't even be drunk, or if it's just not the best thing around and you could find far better sources of calories/proteins/carbs/fat/etc.

Actually the only thing that I have the opportunity to consume a lot is milk. Should I cut it out anyway and eat average? Or given this, it's better than nothing?
Haha yeah me too. Is orange juice with pulp healthier? What do you guys have with breakfast? Is water really the only healthy thing to drink?

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink close to a Liter of Organic Milk everyday, i take it with my supplements, use to have a problem with gas but not anymore..i can't imagine NOT drinking milk its good for you.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In quantities anything other than a lil splash in your tea or coffee then, as manuva so perfectly put it, 'white poison'. It's far from good for you.

dot, orange juice (not from concentrate) is fine from a point of view of healthiness. For weight gain or loss that's another matter.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
because milk is ****. it's not meant for human consumption. baby cows, definitely! but not for humans. it gums up your intestines, interferes with digestion, adds a layer of stomach bloat/fat that mysteriously disappears when people cut out milk, and is full of sugar. everyone is lactose intolerant shortly after they come off their mother, it's just it's not so pronounced in some people.

for me drinking even skim milk sends me straight the toilet as well as upsetting people around me. same with cottage cheese. yogurt and fullfat cheese I'm fine with but these are low on lactose anyway.

if you don't mind the gas and bloating and the fat you'll likely gain, drink milk.. more power to you. but there's far superior sources of protein and calories out there.

water is calorie-free but has a whole host of benefits. dehydration means death to muscle gains.. much like green tea, no calories but there's so many reasons to drink it.
isnt whey extracted from cows milk ???? lol

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't exercise hardly enough, but one thing I do well is eat. Hence, I keep healthy and average weight but still a tad of fat. My dad grew up on a farm and he's 5'8. I'm 5'11 as a senior (rly want to be 6 ft though) so I'm thinking of getting into lifting now lol. Being tall rocks, but not being in shape doesn't. Ah well, I'm all for college pimping. I'm currently looking for more of Warboss' posts as I heard he really knows his stuff about fitness.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search for his "idiot's guide to growth" and run with it...

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat olympic lifters must eat a TON! They must have more muscle than the average person, so they burn more calories doing nothing than skinny people would when they're joging or something. Another thing could be that a lot of weightlifters tend to be short. Short people need more area to keep themselves warm, and that is best achieved by hoarding fat, since fat is less dense than muscle and is more practical as an area increaser since it doesn't increase volume so much. Also, being fat increases your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
And, of course, it makes you unattractive. Except, of course, if you live in some food deprived african country where fat women are the most desirable people around.