Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So what type of shoes are in?

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im looking for a simple brown shoe that would look good for everyday wear with jeans (mostly express bootcut type jeans). I'm looking at Steve Madden and Kenneth Cole which is all i really know but most of their stuff looks a little too fancy for everyday use (unless your a celeb), and the lugz type boots look too clunky/ghetto.
I'm not a big shoe person so those are the only companies im familiar with (I'm not into sneakers), can anyone else throw some good ones out there?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
buy what ever kind you like. This is not the cosmo forum.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like omg those lugz just looks SOOOO ghetto fabulous! rock those girlfriend!

haha after reading self's reply i couldnt resist. i go for simple ****, skater shoes/pumas stuff like that. white kid shoes basically.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do NOT get Kenneth Cole, unless you want to look like every other American Jackass.

Get some brown Frye harness engineer boots; women think they're hot, but they're not too out there. Tough as hell, too.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of worrying about what's in, why not worry about what looks good? Who knows, maybe you'll start the next new style if you do things right.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Martens have always been my "daily drivers". There's a variety of colors in the standard 5 eye low rider. I've had brown, I've had black, I've had reddish-brown... I'm spoiled now, they're soooo comfortable once they are broke in.

In fact, I found some box-toe docs with a smooth leather finish that I polished to a mirror shine (ex-military) that have become my "fux me shoes".

Check out the doc martens website.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Vulpine, Docs are awesome. You can wear them a lot of ways and they're really comfortable.

What's hot right now? A narrower, pointier toebox. The square toe is dying an ignoble death slowly but surely. So find shoes with more of an elongated last. Banana Republic has some okay shoes (I work there and generally hate their stuff), better than Kenneth Cole in my opinion.

I wear winklepicker shoes like these a lot: http://www.vixensandangels.com/images/Shoes/UNDmodbwwink.jpg

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll take one of those, a pair of them, and some of these...

After re-visiting the Doc Martens website I just ordered some narrow square toe slip-ons, some "casual dress tennies", and Doc Marten "flip flops". Since when did Dr. Marten start offering those? Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

Oh, be sure to check out their "industrial" section also. There are some sweet steel toes and slip-ons hiding on there.

I wear a 6.5 wide US size, and docs have been the only shoe that will accomodate. The leather stretches, and the UK 6 sizing is only slightly long in the toe. If you have an odd foot size, I definitely recommend docs over anything else - the quality is unbeatable for the price.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool I'll check em out

And I think I somewhat worded my question wrong, I'm not looking for what's "in", my problem is that I'm not sure what type of shoes go with jeans and which ones are meant for dress slacks. The doc martens all look pretty good for jeans, but like at the Steve Madden website it gets a little hard to tell (for me at least), some of the brown oxfords they have look really nice but maybe a little too nice for jeans, but again I don't know that much about shoes.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Avia

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunlop Volleys :D [1] [2].

Actually I don't mind them, some people think they are really ugly but most people wear them for tennis or day-to-day stuff.

EDIT: I think there's a brown shoe on the 2nd link :)

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can't think of a username, those dunlop "diagonal punch volleys", #7 on link 2, are sweet! I want! But, I rummaged around and searched online and came up short for a place to get them. I've found "green flash" everywhere, but the volleys just don't show up.

There is a Japanese shoe company, Jump, that makes a sweet shoe also: "Ball" is the model name. They are a black leather slip-on/tennis hybrid. I can't find a place to order them from either...

How come these shoes aren't available in the US? Does anyone have links to a place that will ship them?

Ideas? Help?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I searched e-bay. It only seems like American vendors are listing there. I'm surprised that I can't find a .uk or .au type addy in searches for e-commerce.