Smile.....it'll make everyone wonder what you've been up to.

Discussion in 'Don Juan Tips' started by Raoul, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Raoul

Raoul Master Don Juan

What happened to me today just reinforced the first rule of being sociable : Smiling.

I had to give out leaflets today to help out with some advertising. I wasn't too bothered about it, and I didn't expect anything to happen from it. However this is where my natural charm kicked in.

I wonder, have you noticed, that when someone smiles at you in a friendly way, you smile back automatically? It's something built in all of us. And today, while I was handing out the leaflets, I smiled at everyone I saw. Not a big-toothed grin, a simple, friendly smile. And sure enough, 98% of them SMILED BACK. No matter how sour or grumpy they looked, I got a smile out of most of them. Men, women, children, and the elderly. I got smiles.

Of course there was that other 2%, but you know right away if they don't respond civilly to an innocent smile, they're probably too stuck-up and weird anyway.

What is my point here? Simple. Next time you're at a party, or a club, or just walking down the street, if you see a woman that catches your fancy, smile. Simple as that. And you have an instant ice-breaker when she smiles back.

- Raoul

2. Jackal

Jackal Don Juan

It's funny you should mention, because when a stranger smiles at me I usually don't smile back.
    I'm not sure why.
    When they smile at me, I'm usually too busy wondering why they smiled at me. Later I think back and regret not smiling back.
    I suppose, according to what you wrote, this would make me "stuck-up" and "weird". [​IMG]
    I agree with everything you wrote BTW.

3. Monkey

Monkey Master Don Juan

Whenever someone smiles at me I'm usually taken back by it and dont smile in return. I always think they are up to something - thats whats become of the world [​IMG]

4. cyclonus

cyclonus Master Don Juan

I think smiling has a lot to do with ur attitude. If i'm frustrated or having a bad day, smiling will usually come off canned and people can tell. Like when ur supposed to smile in front of a camera, it doesn't look as natural. You just have to be light hearted, its all in the attitude. Of course some are self conscious of their teeth, so they are hesitant to smile, but i agree that it is very important to give off a good, sociable impression. Smiling is very powerful, it rubs off to the person who recieves ur smile.

5. DumpaLumpagus

DumpaLumpagus Don Juan

I like this tip! The way I visualize this happening works like a charm. Just when I catch that hot babe's eye, I smile like it's nobody's business. I walk up to her with eye contact, and say, "Hi".

6. skeeloo

skeeloo Senior Don Juan

whats the point in smilling when you dont feel like, dose clint eastwood smile for nothing? (joke)

7. penkitten

penkitten Master Don Juan

bump good tip:cheer:

8. Giovanni Casanova

Giovanni Casanova Master Don Juan

9. h2o

h2o Banned

hey, great article :up:

It is very true, smiling is actually almost like a "magic bullet." This morning, after having slept 2hrs last night and groggy from not having consumed any caffeine, I exchanged smiles with a cute girl, and I maybe it's just me...

...but, when someone genuinely returns your smile with a natural smile, you feel great. I'm not saying girls don't smile at me often, it just feels that much better when you're having a sh*tty day, and it just brightens your mood. It happens to me often.

It's actually funny because I'll exchange genuine smiles with someone, and for a couple of seconds after that, I won't be able to wipe the smile off my face. Actually, sometimes both of you will be smiling and can't stop...it's kind of like a non-verbal smiling communication...and it's priceless.

...okay, so it makes yourself feel great, but just think: if others are taken over by a similar feeling (even if momentarily), imagine how it could brighten their day. I know for a fact, I had a much better today because I was able to start off on a good foot like that. It actually it could mean so much if you so much as just smiled at one person during the day...you could literally make their day! go on, spread the joy :D

10. tyciol

tyciol Don Juan

Also, wave at people. Nice polite waves. They will wave back to you.

11. h2o

h2o Banned

bump...again, because this is one of the simplest-to-implement tips you will ever read.

just smile. it works wonders.

12. Royal Elite

Royal Elite Banned

This is all dependent on culture! Im originally from brooklyn Ny where nobody smiles at people they dont know much, but when I went to albany ny which is 135 miles away everybody smiles and is super friendly, and it took me a while to adjust. Sometimes I still get messed up when I go back to brooklyn because they aren't friendly. But when it is all said and done, you cant go wrong by doing it.

The key to life is to lossen up because when it's all said in done in 100 years what will it matter!

13. avrilishot

avrilishot Senior Don Juan

yeah its a good tip but most of the time when I smile at girls they look away. oh well there stuck up or whatever.

good tip. :)