Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleep Remedies

B

BlueAlpha1

Besides the obvious "tips" like eliminating lights or not exercising/eating right before bed, I'm interesting in what products or supplements you've used.

I am probably an insomniac because I find that if I don't use SOMETHING, natural or otherwise, I have a hard time falling asleep. I can toss and turn for 2+ hours, so I rotate between Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and Melatonin. They're pretty effective and a one month supply of either can be had at Dollar Tree. But you build up a tolerance and the first one is a drug that isn't very good for you so I don't want to stay on it.

Some people swear by food (turkey), drink (warm milk) or root (Valerian) but none of those have done anything for me.

Oh, and I'm not a big smoker so I rarely "smoke" weed, but I have used marijuana edibles when traveling to places like Colorado and Amsterdam with great success. Doing this in Amsterdam cured a horrendous week-long jetlag in 2 nights. I wish Florida would get it together and legalize it. 2 mini cookies a night and I'd be out like a light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnesium, among the many great thing it does there is relaxing and granting a deeper sleep.

Someone uses ZMA (zinc-magnesium-vit6) but in my case it does the opposite effects and keeps me awake.

Also eating carbs before bed as long as its a reasonable amount will help due to chemistry of the brain (serotonin related).

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps get a prescription of Xanax or generic. It's anti-anxiety. I used to take a half of a pill and that was enough for me. It's non-narcotic. You might feel slightly groggy in the morning.

Otherwise, meditation. And remember this: Insomnia is nothing more than the fear of insomnia.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
try melotonin?

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep meds that contain Doxylamine. NOT Diphenhydramine.

sharon21

Reaction score
Besides the obvious "tips" like eliminating lights or not exercising/eating right before bed, I'm interesting in what products or supplements you've used.

I am probably an insomniac because I find that if I don't use SOMETHING, natural or otherwise, I have a hard time falling asleep. I can toss and turn for 2+ hours, so I rotate between Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and Melatonin. They're pretty effective and a one month supply of either can be had at Dollar Tree. But you build up a tolerance and the first one is a drug that isn't very good for you so I don't want to stay on it.

Some people swear by food (turkey), drink (warm milk) or root (Valerian) but none of those have done anything for me.

Oh, and I'm not a big smoker so I rarely "smoke" weed, but I have used marijuana edibles when traveling to places like Colorado and Amsterdam with great success. Doing this in Amsterdam cured a horrendous week-long jetlag in 2 nights. I wish Florida would get it together and legalize it. 2 mini cookies a night and I'd be out like a light.
Have you tried adding lemongrass to your favorite tea every morning? You should try this very beneficial ingredient.
It is good for aches, inflammation and a good sedative. My GP recommended this as my herbal drink tea.
Lemongrass is an essential herb in many dishes. It's famous for its scent. Not only it is being used as a spice but also as a natural herbal medicine. It is good for your nervous system too, which can help you with your insomnia status.
Check out this site for more information https://wikihomenutrition.com/lemongrass-health-benefits/. In the article, it divided into sections lemongrass's health benefits.
You should have a habit of checking every products which you consume to see whether it suits you or not. Nice to share with you.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnesium. Helps with anxiety and induces deeper sleep.

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating these three together for dinner makes me sleepy: turkey, oatmeal (steel cut or old fashioned), and hummus. zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oatmeal is great, spray yourself with magnesium oil let it dry on you for 20 minutes and then take a shower to clean it off. Sleep guaranteed.

Me personally, I have trouble waking up after a good workout regeneration during the night + magnesium treatment.

ashleysummer

Banned
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd post this question on the special health discussion forum like health-speak.com . It is quite new yet covers many common health issues including insomnia. Good Night And Sweet Dreams:)