Skinny Fat Question for Diesel, et. al.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who used to be really fvcking fat. No, it's not me, you sh!tbirds. :)

He went on that Atkins diet for the past year or so and, God Bless him, he's lost a lot of weight. He looks absolutely better and I imagine he's healthier for it.

I'm just guessing, but he looks like he went from, say, 280 to about 190 pounds. He's about 6 ft tall.

Now he's looking pretty Jared skinny fat, but what should he do if he wants to get hard and muscular?

I'm sure there's going to be complications if he starts to eat like a normal person and introduces carbs into his diet and his metabolism is probably screwed right now ... and, I think bulking is out of the question for him given his propensities.

Is there anything specific you would advise someone like this?
I imagine he should do the same weight training as anyone else and that he should get himself into good enough aerobic conditioning so that he can do HIIT.

But, what about his diet? Any tweaking? And what do you think he should expect regarding gaining weight back, etc., or if there are ways of minimizing that....

Oh yeah, almost forgot ... he's got some sizable man-boobs going on. I'm thinking the only way he's going to get real headway on those babies is some liposuction. Any ideas?

Thanks.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He can eat carbs.. he just has to gradually ease back into them..

If you're on a ketogenic (Atkins type) diet and you all of a sudden start to pound your body with carbs - your hormonal balance is going to go haywire.. you'll start to put on a shyt load of fat and retain hella water.

The RX for your pal:

1. Hardcore weightlifting - see the GUIDE TO BULKING for info..

2. Aerobics done 3x week max. Build up to 3 HIIT sessions.

3. Carb intake should be: (assuming he's exercising - and going from zero carb Atkins diet)

week 1: 100g carbs/ day (ideally earlier in the day)
week 2: 150g
week 3: 175g
week 4: 200g

For maintenance purposes after that month I figure if he can keep his carb intake below 300g/day and is lifting and doing cardio he should have no problem putting on some nice mass and staying rather lean.

good luck,
D

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like people say.... Jared Fogle may be skinny but he needs to get built. Some people just want to lose fat, and some want to be defined. I think Jared did good, but now GET BUFF.

Yeah, that sounds pretty good what diesel said