Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I Quit My Job? What’s Next? Part 2

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't feasible to pull off in reality in a lot of cases.
Really, I just need to ensure money is coming in consistently with no gaps. My two weeks will be in before my end of year review, thank goodness.

I can absolutely overlap jobs for a bit. I can pull that off due to my remote status. But I couldn’t do that long term because of secret clearance issues.

What’s probably realistic is quitting J1 a few days into J2 so there’s no money drought. While ensuring that I’ve quit before my end of year review. I won’t be going to that, he’d tear me into confetti in it.

That being said, my current boss has given me many second chances and even gave me a full 2 weeks to train while telling me he wanted me on the team. I won’t lie, I feel a bit bad quitting especially since I like the team, but I’d be a fool to give up a job paying me $120K for a job making $75K. Like you said, job jumping is the way to go.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can absolutely overlap jobs for a bit. I can pull that off due to my remote status
A lot of people can't do that. I've never been fully remote. I've never overlapped jobs. I always submitted my notice after a signed offer letter with a new company.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people can't do that. I've never been fully remote. I've never overlapped jobs. I always submitted my notice after a signed offer letter with a new company.
I actually decided against this. Makes things too messy. I am officially onboarded now, and I am off boarding at my old company.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Future Career Goals

Since I’m officially onboarded at my new job, I wanted to post a list of my goals for my career going forward. Was thinking about this, and I wanted to get it on paper.
  • Get a raise at the new six figure job. The recruiter hinted very strongly over the phone that there were many promotion opportunities. A raise for my performance, not a raise for inflation.
  • I’m really sick and tired of interviewing + sending out resumes right now. I don’t wanna do it anymore lol. I’ll stay at this company for minimum 1 year, it’ll probably be closer to 2.
  • The whole time, I am improving my resume, upskilling, getting new certs, practicing interviewing, and of course doing a stellar job at my current workplace. Get a fuego ass resume going and increase my market value. That way, when it comes time for me to move on and get a non-DOD role in that $150K-$200K range, I am totally ready with no stress or issues. Plus, if I’m upskilling the whole time, that causes my resume to get more hits when I spam apply. I’m of the mindset that these days, it’s better to be a Jack of All Trades so that your resume can get more hits.
  • I would consider Overemployment only if I were good enough to do both jobs in 50-60 hours, or it were a short term thing to eliminate all debt and establish some super strong savings faster. At this stage, I value my free time a lot more. Also, I am DOD employed right now so there’s no way I can do Overemployed with that. I’d have to quit this current job first before I even considered that so if anything this would be a future thing.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BackInTheGame78 what was that really old programming language you mentioned? COBOL, iirc? I actually saw a few jobs requesting that when I was applying. They paid pretty well. I may have to learn that and get that on my resume one of these days lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
@BackInTheGame78 what was that really old programming language you mentioned? COBOL, iirc? I actually saw a few jobs requesting that when I was applying. They paid pretty well. I may have to learn that and get that on my resume one of these days lol.
Yup, COBOL. Still used on mainframes for banks and insurance companies.