Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-anchoring for maximum confidence.

Downlow

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a technique that I have used a couple of times, and so far I have had excellent results. I use it to be in an extremely powerful and confident state of mind, for example, when I need to make a cold approach in the daytime. It is based on the "anchoring" psychological principle which is popular with Ross Jeffries' speed seduction (yeah, i know...) and other NLP people. Only this time, you are not trying to do this to your target, but apply it to yourself. This is a lot easier since you do not have to convince yourself that you want to do it!

I almost came across this application by accident... I have watched several tv shows by Derren Brown (a "mentalist" who performs illusions of basically cold reading and other NLP feats); in one programme he was teaching his students how to be in their desired state of mind whenever and wherever they wished. In one show where he convinced a group of successful (law-abiding) professionals to spontaneously carry out an armed robbery, he demonstrated this technique. While the group were seated in a relaxed environment, Derren encouraged them to get into a state of ultimate power and confidence, almost a feverishly high state. When they got into this state he introduced some uplifting music (which happened to be the Jackson's "Can you feel it") and told the group to anchor their state to the sensation of them rubbing thier palms on their thighs. He repeated this exercize a few times, each time playing the music and telling them to rub their thighs.

After this, the group were able to get into this uber-powerful state just by rubbing their thighs or whenever they heard that Jackson 5 song. Derren used this to get the individuals to be in the correct state to rob a security guard.

Anyway, I started practising this principle, just to become confident in business/job situations etc. I combined Derren's ideas with other psychological/spiritual principles I know of to develop the technique. This is how I apply the technique to myself:

1. Firstly, relax yourself in a place where you cannot be disturbed. You can use whatever method you like to relax and maintain deep breathing.
2. Try to remember various occasions where you have felt very confident, happy, energetic, successful and powerful. Then try to focus on each of these feelings which is linked to the event (there may be several occasions that you may be thinking of). Focus on experiencing those feelings right now, remembering how they feel. You can combine this with mental affirmations relevant to the particular feeling.
3. Next, try to amplify all of these feelings; feel that these feelings are getting stronger and stronger. Keep on amplifying these feelings. After focusing on amplifying these feelings for a short while, you will soon feel them so strongly that you are almost euphoric and feeling invincible!
4. At this moment you must try to link this state with a sensation which you can easily do while out in public. In my case I anchored it with rubbing my hands together. I also simultaneously anchored it with some uplifting music that I know very well, and I played the tune through some headphones. (I actually have the tune looped and playing throughout the whole exercize.) I think it doesn't matter what the music is, as long as you know it well and may seem uplifting to you personally. You may not want to choose some current chart song that you will hear 10 times a day! I would tell you my tune, but I'm sure nobody has ever heard of it, lol.
5. Repeat this exersize a few of times, not necesarily in one sitting, but maybe over the course of 2-3 days.

Now, when you are out and about and you want to quickly get into that high state, just anchor yourself at that moment. By using your sensation anchor (rubbing your hands, for example), and also clearly thinking about your chosen tune and clearly remembering that state, you will quickly get into that state and be ready to do whatever you wanted to do. Perhaps if you are in a loud environment (eg a club), where it is difficult to hear a tune in your head, you can try to recite the words of your song at its most upliftling part. If you are on a bus/train or something, maybe you can listen to that tune on your ipod/walkman.

As I mentioned before, I originally developed this method for use in my business life, where it works perfectly for me. It suddenly occurred to me that I should apply it when out sarging, especially when I am nervous about making an approach. After self anchoring in the field, i actually feel almost too powerful! I feel that approaching a girl is such a petty and trivial matter, and any woman is actually insignificant compared to me. It is not possible to have a fear of rejection.

This method can easily be modified to include any other feelings you want to combine, for example a sexual state, or for whatever other circumstance where you need to be in a certain frame of mind.

I hope this is useful for you guys, feel free to ask me any questions you may have or give me some feedback.

DL

Silkandsteel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have studied some of Derren Brown's techniques also, he owns. It's definately something to try. If you need a boost to go for it on occasions, why not try something like this?

I can see it's use in the workplace too. Prepping for a presentation for example, some people have difficulty public speaking, if it makes you feel controlled and confident, use it.

Spice_One

Don Juan
Reaction score
You were inspired by the same programme that I was! I already knew about these techniques but I remember when I saw that programme about the armed robbery (Toy Gun / Poster / Green Van / Jacksons 5) it really opened my eyes to just how powerful this stuff was I could hardly believe it. There was also this programme that was on tv in the uk recently which used similar nlp and hypnotic techniques to cure phobias.

I've been experimenting with this since I saw the programme to some degrees of success. Not worked at it much but my aim has been to anchor women I find attractive to feelings of god like self confindence and sexual confindence.

Downlow

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a good idea Spice_one. I am no expert in NLP, but what I had written above is based on articles i have read from several sources, and seem to be established principles.
It would be awesome if you could use the feeling that you get when you approach an extremely attractive woman to trigger your own hyper-confidence. I think it would take some practice because you need to be able to stimulate that feeling you get when you are in that situation.

Yep, Derren Brown is pretty amazing, i don't know if you saw this video of him using his cold reading/nlp/ss techniques to pick up women:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oUDev1rME

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Downlow. One of my friends is a register NLPer. I have to ask him for more info.

Anchoring confidence does work. Keep in mind there might be other issues beneath fear that is causing the problem. Such as feelings of shame, embarrasment, guilt (in particular if you had a religious upbringing) etc.

Yeah I've seen the Deren Brown material its terific stuff!

rsxtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know how to do it, but i get the point. anyone watch gone in 60 seconds? when Cage was getting ready to go on his mission(getting amped), is it something like that?