Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rules of Hugging in the Workplace

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mods please do not remove this article right away to general disscusion or anything else. The feedback should not come from someone who is in their early 20's working part time at Walmart and hugs every hot female coworker he sees without a concern. This is for professional people with careers who's life could be ruined due to a simple hug.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/103549/To-Hug-or-Not-to-Hug

Hugging between women is probably more common, but that younger men seem more willing to hug friends or engage in a kind of half hug with an arm draped around a shoulder. Post has noticed increased hugging in workplaces dominated by younger employees and dot-com offices.
My take on this:

Women hug each other to keep in solidarity in the workplace (since its harder for them to get along then their male coworkers). Women who tend to initiate hugs with guys in the workplace tend to think of those guys as "nice guys" or unthreatning males with vaginas.

Men who hug women in the workplace tend to do it because of their AFCness, and it usually is the only way they could cheaply feel their t1ts against their chests without appearing to wanting them. Men who fully try to hug and embrace other men with both arms might be gay.

The negative usually tends to come down to hugs between men and women in the workplace, where the women feels uncomfertable and make a compliant about sexual harasment. Personally I don't see a point for hugging in the workplace, its just brings other troubling elements into the equation.

mzilla2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself this: What constitutes a professional manner of hug?

Methinks NONE. Handshakes all around.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My female doctor hugged me the other day. Maybe I can sue.

j/k

eyedogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work for a large company that has various offices through out the world. Travel is involved and here is my take on this.

Hugging IN the office is a NO-NO = Handshakes only.

Now, outside of the office at lunch or dinner if a women co-worker (foriegners/diff in cultures) initiates a hug or half hug upon saying bye. That is OK, the length is of it is key. It should be a quickie.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Russian men that have not seen each other in a very long time and do business together, can give a hug to each other (brief). Same go with some Latino men.

Rare, but possible.

I have done it (e.g. going to Colombia and my buddy which I have not seeing in a long time and I give each other a brief hug when he pick me up in the airport)...but NEVER in the Office.

And trust me...Russians...Colombians...Puertorricans...Cubans...these kind of men tend to be more masculine than their anglo counterparts.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at an office where the majority are females, and hugs are a no-no. We don't shake hands - only a simple 'Hi'. The only time I shook hands with anyone at the office was when I met them for the first time.

If I was living in the US, I would strictly stick to handshaking considering the whole sexual-harrasment scenario.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ooh, and also in Turkey it is common for males to kiss eachother on the cheek 3 times when they meet after a hiatus.

DjVelvet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaurion said:
Ooh, and also in Turkey it is common for males to kiss eachother on the cheek 3 times when they meet after a hiatus.
Oh yes. For some races they do that. It is a form of polite gesture.