Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

REALLY new to dating...need some advice

solitaryone

Reaction score
Okay, I'm 27 years old and I'm really new to dating. But I've recently met this cute girl in school and I've managed to get her number. I gave her a call about a week ago to set up a date but she was busy. She gave me the "how about next week" reply though.

I usually see this girl at least twice a week in school and I've been trying to play it cool when I see her. I gave her another call about a date and I haven't gotten a reply. So I'm wondering what all the more experienced DJs here think and what I should do now. I was thinking of just reminding her the next time I see her, something like "Hey are you still good for Saturday?" or something along those lines.

Another thing: What are your opinions on dating co-workers? There's a new girl in the place I work and she is very cute. I'll be working with her for probably the entire year and I'm wondering if I have a shot, or if I should forget it just because I work with her.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would forget about the girl that you go to school with. Sometimes girls will say "I'm busy, how about next week?" In some situations they're actually genuine and are busy and want to go out another time. At this point I would give her a date. If she's still busy on that day and doesn't give me a day that she's not busy, I will next her.

This girl didn't give you another day. She hasn't gotten back to you. I would put this energy towards another girl.

I'm totally against dating at work. I believe work is work and when you mix business with pleasure things get really sticky. People find it hard seperating the two once you cross those paths. Others might feel differntly and will be able to give you a valid arugment with their point.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since you are in school i HIGHLY suggest that you focus on first building up a network of female friends.

trust me, i wen to school with a guy who had tons of female friends, and i'm telling ya, they ALL wanted to bang him.

he was just your average joe in many regards, but he became the prize. in this group of women they were all vying for his attention. he could have plucked any one of them out at any time and f*cked them no problem.

but he was smart, he used them as social proof and scored all the time as a result.

stop focusing on ONE chic and focus instead of developing relationships with lots of chics.

solitaryone

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice.

joekerr: Ya that's what I'm working on. There's another girl at school that I'm going after. Is there any difference to the approach when you're trying to build up that network of female friends as opposed to one you want to hook up with?

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there is another guy who posts here that is older and also new to dating... I forget his name......... oh yeah.......... Azanon! I think he's like 35? So he may actually be a little worse off than you. Anyway, I'm sure he could offer you some tips since you guys are basically both in the same boat.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
since you are in school i HIGHLY suggest that you focus on first building up a network of female friends.

trust me, i wen to school with a guy who had tons of female friends, and i'm telling ya, they ALL wanted to bang him.
What? Did I hear you correctly? Is someone condoning my methods? I thought you were one of the guys ready to burn me at the stake for having female friends.

Oh no, wait, that was Latinoman. My bad.

solitaryone

Reaction score
Any tips for approaching complete strangers? A lot of times I just find that I don't know what to say if I just see someone on the street etc.

destiny

Don Juan
Reaction score
the first thing i'd taught you is delete the words TRY and HOPE out of your mind.. whenever you use them you'll FAIL. Forget those words and use only the 100% positive statement I WILL DO, I'LL MAKE IT, I'LL SUCCEED and I'M POSITIVE or I LOVE IT

solitaryone

Reaction score
Okay, basically what happened is that I've asked this girl out twice and both times she flaked out on me. Incidentally, this is just like what happened the very first time I was able to get a phone # successfully. It's like after I manage to get their phone #s I can't seem to get a date. Both times I waited a bit (2-3 days) before I call them up for a date. Both times I'm unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong? Am I not doing something I should be doing?