Practice makes natural

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've noticed that over time, dj tips/tatics have become natural for me. Basicly when you learn a new tatic, use it and eventually you will use it without even thinking about it.

For example, today I ran into a girl I had been working at the college foodplace. I talked to her for about 5 minutes before I went on my way to eat. I didnt really 'try' or put to much importance on the conversation, but now looking back on it I realize that many DJ principles have become second hand for me. I cracked C&F jokes but I wasn't like, ok nows the time for C&F. Grabbed her hand and made fun of how she had ink all over her hand from her pen, but I didnt think ok, nows time for more C&F/Kino.

So what I'm saying here is while at first you may have to think about what you need to do, and it is more awkward/unatural, eventually you can incorporate these into 'game' and then thats when you really begin to excel.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me add that practice does not mean mindless repetition.

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Let me add that practice does not mean mindless repetition.
When is practice not mindless repetition?

Few guys here are skilled enough AND creative enough to make stuff up as they go, to work without a plan and procedures.