"Possibly"

simple_wish

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently went out to a Uni party with a buddy of mine. We are a couple years older than the group who attended this party, but apparently a girl at this party was into me.....we talked for a good 20 mins and it came time for me to leave....I told her that I'd see her next week as she was having a party.

I saw her the next week, and things went well and I suggested that we go for drinks later that week her response was "Possibly"....Immediately I processed this as NO...

I didn't persue this girl any further...continued the evening as normal, but this is frustrating....any sugestions what I did wrong, i'm not lost over this, but possibly I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
possibly is the same as maybe.
it just means shes gonna have to see what is going on during the week.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some replies from women that piss me off. These responses are some of the indirect crap that women think is clever but ultimately annoys men so much.
Ok, You invite a woman out -she replies ,

"Maybe" ( Ditch her on the spot, she wants you to fawn over her . She is a princess who loves male attention and thinks that she is entitled to 'f**k" with your head)

"Possibly " (Same as above -it is NOT you who did "something wrong", she is a brat)

"I will give it some thought."( KInda full of herself -similar to above, she has no clue about receiving or accepting invites -press DELETE)

" I would love to go out -here is my number " ( You have a winner !)

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simple_wish said:
I recently went out to a Uni party with a buddy of mine. We are a couple years older than the group who attended this party, but apparently a girl at this party was into me.....we talked for a good 20 mins and it came time for me to leave....I told her that I'd see her next week as she was having a party.

I saw her the next week, and things went well and I suggested that we go for drinks later that week her response was "Possibly"....Immediately I processed this as NO...

I didn't persue this girl any further...continued the evening as normal, but this is frustrating....any sugestions what I did wrong, i'm not lost over this, but possibly I'm doing something wrong?

Cheers!
"possiblY'...? WTF. Either you want to or you don't. That kinda sh*t pisses me off. To quote a character from Revenge of the Nerds... "Poindexter, do you want to f*ck, or NOT?!??!?!"

Call them on this crap.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all ambiguous responses from women like - possibly, maybe, i dont know, perhaps, ill think about it, etc. - are all designed to assert her as the dominant figure in the new relationship.

most guys when they get a maybe instantly think - 'hmm, ok, she's on the fence, what can i do to convince her to go my way."

wrong wrong wrong.

you've clearly showed your interest in her by inviting her for drinks, your job is done. if she wants to play games, just walk away. if possible start flirting with another girl in front of her. walk out of the joint with another woman on your arm.

the ambigous response has also been framed as a sh*t test on here. to an extent it is. she wants to put you in a situation where you aren't sure how to react and then see how you do react.

but either way, the important thing to know is that SHE is calling the shots once she goes down this road. she has also created a LOSE LOSE for you. either you jump through hoops to get her to go out with you OR you walk away.

the key is to mentally be able to see walking away as NOT a lose scenario for you. once you do this, then YOU become the prize. she knows you can live without her no problem - and she will then start to jump through hoops to get your interest back. this is assuming that she is actually attracted to YOU. if any guy will do for attention then she won't do that, but that's ok, you don't want a chic like that - they are crazy high maintenance.

always always always walk away from a lose lose scenario. don't get mad or anything. just STOP giving your attention to a chic who treats you that way. if she comes back around and starts acting properly then re-engage. but until then, look for greener pastures.

if you always remember that YOU are the prize it becomes very very very easy to figure out how to assess and react to situations.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with JOKER here, all ambiguous answers are an effort to control the frame (i.e. make her the PRIZE). More often than not this is a 'fillibuster' to keep you on the line while she pursues other interests that have a higher priority than yourself. This is her way of communicating to you (covertly) that you are to qualify yourself to her, and by doing so you automatically fail her test. This is a sh!ttest of sorts, designed to determine if you actually are someone worth competing with other women over - in other words, to see if your attention is really a commodity. If it's not, you'll prove this by playing her game and waiting for her to "come around."

Again, and I can't seem to stress this enough, if you are spinning many plates at the same time a woman tells you something like "possibly", it never becomes an issue. You simply apply your attention to better, proven, plates and if the 'possibly' woman makes the connection that you are in demand, and she has a genuine IL in you, she'll pursue you. You will be established as the PRIZE and she will be the one doing the qualifying, or she wont pursue and you wont be wasting your efforts on a losing investment.

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep I've had those crappy lines too! As soon as I hear them it's fvck off from me! I only ask once to be honest!

As some have noticed I've been trying to start my game back up! I remember last year asking this girl I work with out to watch a band. She replied yes and then said "we ought to ask others here because we used......." and then went into some blurb about how they all used go out together?? I was like wtf?? And replied to her "I asked you, not the dept"...she just gave me a blank stare and said something about me not wanting to go out with the others???? I though f*ck off thats it! I asked once I ain't asking again!! I think she seemed shocked at this as I now just treat her as a work collegue, she's always trying her best to talk to me or take the p1ss out of me...sorry babe but you missed the boat!!!!

Time is too short for this sh1t