Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Passive texting and use of questions

TOneThousand

Don Juan
Reaction score
From reading in other threads I had a realization of a bad habit I have with texting. The advice I've seen is while texting you shouldn't give the woman the opportunity to be passive. So you should prompt her for a response, with a question etc. One thing I hear is that almost every text should end with a simple question, prompting her for a response and for her investment. Then that allows you to escalate. And then after that you escalate... sounds cool but...

The thing is that my texting habits are on the other side of the spectrum. I tend to use questions sparingly and much of what I text is definitely passive. For ex I'll text girls with something like this piece of poetry all the time

"Hey I'm going to be at abc venue tomorrow at around 8 if you're free and want to come by"

Guess that's not the most engaging invite ha. I can see why prompting is important. There are three reasons I've gotten into the minimalist habit

1) I try to be as non-needy and outcome independent as possible. If she joins at the venue, nice we'll have a great time. If she doesn't, I'll still have a great time. Either way I'm not dependent on her presence

2) I've read a lot of articles that push the notion that a really high value man will not waste a lot of time texting and will keep it to a minimum. Texting back and forth all day is something she does with her girlfriends, etc, etc

3) I think I got a lot of this from following Brent Smith's game. From what I picked up from him, he basically says open the door for the woman and let her know it's open but then allow her walk through it if that's what she wants. In some ways I rely on that approach a lot. Projecting the attitude that everything is good with me despite what happens with the girl

Don't want to oversimplify either way but seems clear I need to work on leading the interaction, escalating and getting investment more when texting. All those come more naturally in person. Figured I'd share observations and interested to hear what others think.

Side note: I need to start breaking question marks out more too

-T1K

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you do OLD OP, try setting your location to a different city and practice with the women you match with there. Since there's nothing to lose you can practice being bolder and experimenting.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The main points are don't be boring or lame on your texts and don't provide texts that have no value like "Hey" or "WYD?"

It's not hard to stand out positively with a little effort and personality.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
One thing I hear is that almost every text should end with a simple question
Yes, always end the text with a question. For example:

"Hey. Would you like some d1ck?"

or

"Top of the morning to you ma ´am. Could I interest you in some d1ck?"

Or maybe 3-4 texts of small talk and ask her out on a date without over thinking this stuff.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey I'm going to be at abc venue tomorrow at around 8 if you're free and want to come by"

Too passive. We need to sprinkle some Don Juan Alpha flava in there.

Via text.

Try..

"Let's go to abc venue tomorrow around 8".

Or even better..

"Come with me to abc venue tomorrow around 8".

Even better..

"Find something to wear tomorrow night around 8. We are going to abc venue."

Key point: Never "ask".

Suggest.

And make the suggestion in a way which let's her know that you don't give a fuk about what her previous (if any) plans were for tomorrow.

But wait, it isn't over..here is the follow-through..

If she declines for any reason..do NOT respond to it.

Don't say anything like "ok, maybe next time".

That is pansy shiit.

Leave her message on read and once she notices you didn't respond after minutes or hours, this will put her mind in a frenzy and she will likely double back, on some "But I am free the following night" type of shiit.

Leaving a message on read and not responding is a not-often-talked-about cheat code...and has a psychological effect which can bring the best of us to our knees.