Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opinion: When is marriage appropriate?

Reaction score
Hello SS members,
I am a new member, I would like to hear some opinions of when you gentlemen feel as if marriage to a woman is appropriate. What do you guys think? My thought is that marriage is appropriate if it enhances and increases ones resources and resourcefulness to have a binding legal contract with another person. What are your thoughts? If there is already a thread on this, please feel free to share in this thread.

-AM

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
My thought is that marriage is appropriate if it enhances and increases ones resources and resourcefulness to have a binding legal contract with another person. What are your thoughts?
As in marrying heiresses ?

In my part of the world, the man is obligated to had over cash or livestock as dowry.

The quantum depends on how many pillars her house has, how beautiful she is and how vast her land holdings are.

But as a result of this marriage the man through his children gets to inherit her lands and would thus increase his resources albeit indirectly.

However theres a catch, when a man marries he has basically sold his freedom and will often end up subjugated.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I don't recommend marriage. FxCK that. But if I were forced at gunpoint to "get married and make sure it works", my best odds at survival would be one of the two options as I posted in the thread "http://www.sosuave.net/forum/thread...y-men-marry-some-women-and-not-others.240705/":

Quoting myself:

In heinsight if I could try the marriage thing with a fresh slate and go back in time I would either:

1) Get with a woman in late teens. Be with her 10 years and keep a diamond strength frame while doing so... to the point where she would never consider leaving me because and even borderline fears me because I am just that much of an irreplaceable alpha male bad ass that she Knows I would be impossible to replace and knows how bad that sh-t would hit the fan if she cheated on me.

Or

2) Get with a woman 39-43 who is out of her crazy 30s. Be with her for 10 years and do the same as above as far as the diamond strength frame goes, etc. Then maybe marry her.

I have posted about this before and I will post about it again now and in the future as well. Women in their 30s are a lost cause. They are not marriage material between about the ages of 33 to 39. And I wouldn't even call them girlfriend material at that age either. They are a complete f'ed up mess to only be pumped a few quick times and ran from.

Again I say this from starting from a fresh slate.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to be married and start a family, in that order. I've just turned 29 and aiming for 35ish no younger than that.

Reaction score
I want to be married and start a family, in that order. I've just turned 29 and aiming for 35ish no younger than that.
Please elaborate why? Do you see marriage as an investment in your future? I've bounced back and forth with the idea, yes data is out there, the horror stories are there also, but I am an advocate of follow your gut. The more data that one has about a person and the upside and downside of a situation the more inclined the gut is to go one way or the other.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why? are you female? mommy is nagging you to have granchilds?

you are a guy you don't need to care for marriage, only if you really think you find that special snowflake who will ADD to your life, but even so you do everything in your power to secure your assets.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the insults.

God created marriage, I'm not interested in any secular version of it, I want to find a bible believing Christian woman.

As to why, take your pick; marriage take a form if you're planning to stay together forever (which can and does still happen).

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

1 Corinthians 7:1-40
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Matthew 19:4-6
He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Luke 16:18
“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

Genesis 2:18
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Exodus 20:14
“You shall not commit adultery."

Ephesians 5:25-33
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, ...

Malachi 2:16
“For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless.”

Matthew 19:3-9
And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” ...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if that is the case why, pray tell, you came here asking questions? religion will not save you from divorce rape, remember too its was not god who invented marriage, its was men who did, even if men didn't invented god, if you belive on all that thing about the forbidden fruit, he didn't even want you having sex even less marriage

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did "God" create divorce too? If "God" and a good Christian woman BOTH truly exist, then there wouldn't be such a high divorce rate. R.U.G. 4:20 says your religious views are blowing smoke up your a$$; which your a$$ cannot cash. Evangelicals have some of the HIGHEST divorce rates.
i
https://www.alternet.org/culture/what-war-marriage-divorce-rates-are-highest-among-evangelicals

If you do not like financial security or just having a few shekels in the bank, knock yourself out. Figure 50% of your assets to use of her holes. 20% - 30% for child support. Oh, that nice house you'll be forced to buy... Well, no worries.. You'll still pay for it, just will not live in it. That's gross bro, not net.

Watch and learn.

Women, now a days are only good for one thing, to have fun (sex or just entertainment). They do not clean. They cannot cook. They do not raise children (I.E. daycare).

Wise up bro or you will be in some serious financial hardship that "God" will not be able to save you from.

strikerace13

Don Juan
Reaction score
If marriage is what you are looking for, then you need to find someone that will give you what you want. You should not marry anyone until they prove a benefit to the relationship and watch how she handles money. The most important thing to watch for is how she handles problems, does she run from problems or does she work with you to solve them. Does she got your back and put the relationship first is a good sign in a women.

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll marry a woman when I love her and she loves me back. And not just chemical infatuation, I'm talking real love. If that bites me in the arse, so be it. I'd rather that than live my life a paranoid wreck who can't ever trust a woman.

On the other hand, it shouldn't bite me because I'm not the sort to get married after a year of relationship. I'd want 5-6 years with a woman I really trust first. And I wouldn't be having kids until I got married.