Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online profile draft -- in case plates I'm spinning don't pan out

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. As the subject line says, if the plates I'm spinning don't pan out, I may have another go at an online ad. Just not meeting many unattached women who do anything for me who would consider dating anyone my age, and it's getting harder to make it a non-issue. I attract them well enough, but lose 'em once the age issue comes up.

My main stumbling blocks online:
1) Never been married
2) Income under $50K/year

Pics must be OK, but not great: have had a few, but not many, reasonably hot women contact me or write back in past online forays.

It's somewhat inspired by Espi's ad (thanks!), but comes from an entirely different direction. Mine is almost an "anti-ad," and slams my "shortcomings" head-on.

It might stand to be shorter, but I can't think of what to cut out without losing something I like.

OK, here goes:

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

There was a smart, young woman who loved to get out on the town and bounce up and down to the little club where her favorite new bands rocked the house … or perhaps was in one of those bands … and got all excited dressing up in a sharp miniskirt to hit the town for the big art opening … perhaps even had some of her work featured in it. Does that gal sound like you? Is she still there, underneath the responsible, practical woman people see in your day-to-day life?

I’m extremely sensual, complex, and open-minded (no, that is not a “code” for “into kinky sex” {rolling eyes}). Love music, the arts, philosophy, politics, sports, and anything that catches my interest. Quality means a lot to me: perhaps too much for my own good.

I’ve had some bumps on the road, but nothing involving substance abuse, and nothing that would show up on a criminal record (too bad, “bad boy” addicts)… I work for myself, and have opted for autonomy over financial security (hasta la vista, ye prospectors for gold – be careful not to lose your mining cap on the way out of the tunnel), actually enjoy my work, and am on my way up… on my own terms. I much prefer this to making six or seven figures doing something barely tolerable for more than half of my waking hours, while being too zonked to enjoy the benefits of it the rest of the time. That 2-week trip to Cancun just doesn’t balance it out…

My idea of a good time varies from drumming until I’m in a state of exhausted bliss to exploring an old graveyard or abandoned building, getting out on the lake to boat or fish, reading a good book, dancing to a cool band, creating a new tune (the 2nd best thing of all), and of course the sort of activities to which this profile is intended to lead. Especially “those sort of activities.”

The vibe between two people cannot very well be summed up by a “laundry list.” Perhaps seeking “that vibe” here is a fool’s mission, but no harm in having a go, seeing as how most of the unattached women I encounter out on the town are practically kids.

That said, it’s not important whether you’re 25 or 52, what your hair color is, your religious faith is (as long as you don’t try to save soul from the raging fires of a hell I don’t believe exists), whether or not you agree with me politically, or any of that. It doesn’t matter whether or not you have a good, honest job such as a bus driver, teacher, or stripper; or your career is something more on the dark side, such as a high position in an oil company, personal injury lawyer, or Microsoft executive (though I may draw the line short of Monsanto or Diebold).

It does matter that you’re reasonably bright, I have a definite thing for soft, fair skin and “bedroom” eyes, and I appreciate a sensual woman who appreciates the wonders of touch. I’m in good shape, and prefer women who likewise make an effort to keep in shape … but I don’t expect a beauty queen or triathlete, and quite frankly, often find the cute “girl next door” or “nerdette” more attractive than the overly made-up “Cosmo girl,” though I appreciate a good, unique sense of style.

I’ve never seen marriage as a goal in itself, and have always considered the quality of the relationship and compatibility of people’s circumstances to precede marriage (some divorcees among you may be nodding your heads), but that convergence has not happened in my life… yet. I don’t believe in the fairytale of “The One,” but am convinced there are many “ones” with whom one could have a jolly fine partnership…

So … are you there? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave out the part about financial security, that's basically just shooting yourself in the foot for nothing. There's no reason to even bring that up. Complete buzzkill. Leave out the stuff about no criminal record and the bad boy line. I don't think any woman reading your profile is going to assume you are a criminal so why even mention that? Plus it sounds like you're trying to hard to qualify yourself to her.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a good suggestion, speakeasy, though I like that paragraph for the humor and piss-take on women's standard criteria.

I don't want to qualify myself to them, though. Right about that. Cutting out the "on my way up" bit would improve that.

But I could simply say "I work for myself, and enjoy what I do, though I don't make six figures ... yet (hasta la vista, ye prospectors for gold ... be careful not to lose your mining cap on the way out of the tunnel)." and leave it at that... or even just "I work for myself, and enjoy what I do".

A bit of mystery never hurts.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
56 views and only one suggestion or comment? Didn't think it was that good... or perhaps that much of a waste of time to even have a go?

Anyhow, it does seem to flow better if the "bumps on the road" paragraph is removed, with "I work for myself and enjoy what I do." added to the start of the following paragraph.

The only other change I thought of was adding another wisecrack, so the marriage bit ends: "but that convergence has not happened in my life ... yet ... though many telemarketers seem to think it has, but they can never tell me just who the lucky gal is."

Last edited:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I attempted to post the current version, but the browser kept freezing.

Some MS Word copy and paste glitch?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, here's the latest version, comments welcome:

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

There was this smart gal who loved to hit the town to bounce up and down in the little club where her favorite bands rocked the house ... perhaps was in one of those bands ... and got all excited and dressed up to the nines to check out the big art opening ... perhaps had some of her work featured in it. Does that gal sound like you? Are you still there, beneath the responsible, practical woman people see in day-to-day life?

I'm extremely sensual, complex, and open-minded (no, that's not a "code" for "must be into kinky sex" {rolling eyes}). Love music, the arts, sports, philosophy, politics, and anything that catches my interest. Quality means a lot to me: perhaps too much for my own good.

I work for myself and enjoy what I do. My idea of a good time includes, but is by no means limited to, drumming until I'm in a state of exhausted bliss, exploring an old graveyard or abandoned building, getting out on the lake to boat or fish, playing frisbee with a kid, playing a basketball or volleyball game, dancing to a cool band, creating a new tune with my guitar or drums (2nd best of all), and -- or course -- the sort of activities to which this profile is intended to lead. Especially "those sort of activities."

The "vibe" between two people cannot very well be summed up by a "laundry list." Perhaps seeking "that vibe" here is a fool's mission, but no harm having a go, seeing as how a vast majority of the unattached women I encounter out on the town are practically kids.

That said, it's not important whether you're 25 or 52, what color your hair is, what your religion is (provided you don't try to save my soul from the raging fires of a hell I don't believe exists), whether or not you agree with me politically, or any of that. I don't care if you have a good, honest occupation, such as a bus driver, teacher, stay-at-home mom, or stripper; or your career is something more on the dark side, such as a personal injury lawyer or corporate executive (though I'd probably draw the line short of Monsanto or Diebold).

It does matter that you're reasonably bright, friendly, and treat people well. I definitely have a thing for soft skin and "bedroom" eyes, and it is important that you are a sensual woman who appreciates the wonders of touch. I'm in good shape, and prefer women who likewise keep in shape, though I don't expect a beauty queen or triathlete, and quite frankly tend to be more turned-on by the cute "nerdette" or "girl next door" than the overly made-up "Cosmo girl." But I do appreciate a cool, unique, artsy, mod, and/or classy sense of style.

I've always considered the quality of the relationship and appropriateness of the circumstances to precede marriage, and have not yet had that occur in my life ... yet ... though some telemarketers seem to think it has, but they're never able to tell me just who the lucky gal is. I don't believe in the fairytale of "The One," but am convinced there are many "ones" with whom one could have a jolly fine partnership.

So are you there? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Last edited: