Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, unpleasantly, unbearably, make-you-not-want-to-live-here HOT.

The ONLY good thing about it is, for my cold approaches it makes day-game much better because women wear revealing tops.

Besides that, 110+ temperatures ain't cool (pun intended).
Not just skimpy clothing, but the heat and boredom from staying indoors make the women significantly easier in the summer vs the winter (it's this way on OLD). Women will commonly invite you straight over in the summer much more so than in winter.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women will commonly invite you straight over in the summer much more so than in winter.
Based on a conversation on a swipe app or social media DMs? That's solid.

the heat and boredom from staying indoors make the women significantly easier in the summer vs the winter (it's this way on OLD).
The heat does prevent being outdoors for extended periods of time during most of the day. If you must be outdoors in summer, doing it at 5 AM can be acceptable, though in recent years there have been more 90 degree days at sunrise. I remember many mornings in the 2000s with temperatures in the mid-70s at sunrise in the 5 AM hour. I would take walks then.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on a conversation on a swipe app or social media DMs? That's solid.

The heat does prevent being outdoors for extended periods of time during most of the day. If you must be outdoors in summer, doing it at 5 AM can be acceptable, though in recent years there have been more 90 degree days at sunrise. I remember many mornings in the 2000s with temperatures in the mid-70s at sunrise in the 5 AM hour. I would take walks then.
Nowadays, in middle of Summer, temperatures don't go below 90. :eek: :eek: :eek:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nowadays, in middle of Summer, temperatures don't go below 90. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Some articles about the recent Phoenix heatwave are below. Phoenix broke a record that was set in 1974 earlier this week. In 1974, there were 18 consecutive days of high temperatures of 110+. Phoenix currently has had 20+ days of 110+ degree high temperatures.

Today will be the 31st consecutive day in Phoenix with a high temperature of 110 degrees+. Today is expected to be the final day of that streak, as tomorrow's forecast high will only be 106 degrees.

Summer 2023 was miserable in Metro Phoenix. The 31 consecutive of 110 degrees+ was ridiculous. The previous record of 18 in 1974 was a much different time in Metro Phoenix. Around 1974, Maricopa County would have had a population of approximately 1.2 million. Today, Maricopa County has 4.5 million people. There's far more asphalt and concrete to trap in the heat from the sun as compared to what was around in 1974.

If morning low temperatures are around 90 degrees more frequently, then that's even more unpleasant. In the 2000s, I remember waking up to a few mornings around 90 degrees and absolutely hating it. When it feels unpleasant at 5:30 or 6 AM, that ruins your day. Even with comfortable early mornings, summer in Phoenix is unpleasant.

Some of the early morning walks that I took around my apartment complex in the 5 AM hour in the 2000s in the summer were pleasant. That's why I thought about whether or not it would be worthwhile to try to run game at Papago, Piestewa, or Camelback in those early morning hours in summer. @BillyPilgrim and I went back and forth about that idea in Posts 128-130. That's not going to be reality at 90 degrees at 6 AM, but could be at 75 degrees. Even at 75 degrees at 6 AM, I don't think that would be the best time of day to try to do that.

I did try to do some approaching in the 2000s at Piestewa in the winter months, usually during the middle of the day on weekends. I didn't know as much about daygame then so the efforts weren't all that great. While I had some awareness that people did daygame during that time, I had not studied daygame much at that time. It was not until the early 2010s after I had moved away from Phoenix that I started to learn more about daygame. I also didn't do daygame frequently as I was more focused at nightlife venue game during that time in my life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the primary reasons of recent decades to move to Phoenix no longer applies. From the mid-1990s to mid to late 2010s, the area was flooded by West Coasters (primarily Californians) and Chicagoans looking to escape higher cost areas. Rents and home prices in Metro Phoenix were affordable. Phoenix is no longer as affordable on housing costs and overall costs of living as it was 15-20 years ago.
There's a video below from a segment on the local ABC affiliate about Phoenix's lack of housing affordability. This is something I mentioned in the initial post on this thread in 2022 and it's been a trend developing in Phoenix for a long time. I would say that the trend started in the Metro Phoenix around 2014-2015.

There's a situation now where Phoenix is expensive like the West Coast and Northeast without the advantages of a lot of higher income employment from those regions. That puts a damper on the seduction environment.