Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Now what?.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I retired early all of my family and friends said Red Legg aren't you gonna be bored??? what are you going to do all day?? The mere fact that THEY ask that means that they have no life,I don't have enough time in the day for all my things to get done.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I retired early all of my family and friends said Red Legg aren't you gonna be bored??? what are you going to do all day?? The mere fact that THEY ask that means that they have no life,I don't have enough time in the day for all my things to get done.
So what do you do all day and week?
Have a gf or any animals?.

I work OT daily , have a dog, hit the gym daily, my son commutes to college from home..
and I'm bored to death by 9pm every day.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work OT daily , have a dog, hit the gym daily, my son commutes to college from home.. and I'm bored to death by 9pm every day.
Did you ever check out Meetup in your area?

I have several groups that are always out doing fun stuff, I have to pick and decide what I want to attend. I’ve made some good friends through some of these groups. They’ve been there for me and I believe for the most part don’t judge me. They’re happy to have a bro to hang with.

It also helps having hobbies you look forward coming home to besides just the gym and your dog.

For me, it’s archery and the guitar. I could play for hours if I wanted to learning, practicing, or studying other musicians on YouTube give tutorials.

I think you just gotta find something fun you enjoy and are passionate about, exhausted.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you ever check out Meetup in your area?

I have several groups that are always out doing fun stuff, I have to pick and decide what I want to attend. I’ve made some good friends through some of these groups. They’ve been there for me and I believe for the most part don’t judge me. They’re happy to have a bro to hang with.

It also helps having hobbies you look forward coming home to besides just the gym and your dog.

For me, it’s archery and the guitar. I could play for hours if I wanted to learning, practicing, or studying other musicians on YouTube give tutorials.

I think you just gotta find something fun you enjoy and are passionate about, exhausted.
Yes i check out meetups, nothing has caught my attention as of yet..
i agree I have nothing to look forward to beyond the norm.

XFORCE

Don Juan
Reaction score
College degree...

Is this lonliness or boredom?.

I'm 39..here is my day.
work.
Dinner.
Gym.
Dog walk.
Couch---- BORED..

What the **** this is it?.
It's definitely boredom and the cause is routine. Do new things you've always wanted even if they scare you or don't jive with who you think you are. At least you'll know if you don't like something to move on to the next thing.

I haven't been bored in over 20 years. I have endeavors I've immersed myself in and have 10 more behind that one. I'm in the same boat as you are. Most of my local friends are married with kids and have their own thing going on. Only when I started doing hobbies and events consistently on my own did they want to join in. They need an escape from their domestic lives and the cool stuff I'm into became their's.

Is there anything you've always wanted to do but never did?

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's definitely boredom and the cause is routine. Do new things you've always wanted even if they scare you or don't jive with who you think you are. At least you'll know if you don't like something to move on to the next thing.

I haven't been bored in over 20 years. I have endeavors I've immersed myself in and have 10 more behind that one. I'm in the same boat as you are. Most of my local friends are married with kids and have their own thing going on. Only when I started doing hobbies and events consistently on my own did they want to join in. They need an escape from their domestic lives and the cool stuff I'm into became their's.

Is there anything you've always wanted to do but never did?
All the hobbies i do are all i have wanted since i can no longer do a few due to age and such...
workout. Box. Cook, mess with new recipes.. kayak. Four wheeler. Ive done these for years.

There is literally no other hobby i have an interest in and the ones now i do alone unless im sparring which is once a week.

Kayaking is better with someone.
Movies suck alone after awhile.
I'm tired of 4 wheelin alone too.
I'd buy a boat but have no one to enjoy it with.
I already raised my son alone. That was rough enough..

I'm tired of putting up christmas trees alone. Hell last year i did not even put one up.

I know what you are saying but hell what else is there to do?

What are some of the things you are into?.

XFORCE

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the hobbies i do are all i have wanted since i can no longer do a few due to age and such...
workout. Box. Cook, mess with new recipes.. kayak. Four wheeler. Ive done these for years.

There is literally no other hobby i have an interest in and the ones now i do alone unless im sparring which is once a week.

Kayaking is better with someone.
Movies suck alone after awhile.
I'm tired of 4 wheelin alone too.
I'd buy a boat but have no one to enjoy it with.
I already raised my son alone. That was rough enough..

I'm tired of putting up christmas trees alone. Hell last year i did not even put one up.

I know what you are saying but hell what else is there to do?

What are some of the things you are into?.
After breaking up with my first girlfriend years ago (whom I thought I was going to marry), I immersed myself in completely random hobbies and learning new skills. When I say immersed, that's almost all I did outside of the life necessities. These are some of the things I've learned and have gotten pretty excellent at a few.

Cooking (Japanese and Southern mostly)
Read dozens of books
Got a motorcycle license
Rock & ice climbing
Spartan Racing
Relearning Calculus
Taijitsu & Kung Fu
Gymnastics (relearning from when I was a kid)
Ballroom dancing (EVERYONE makes a face of how corny it sounds until they see it actually done in the proper setting)
3D printing
Painting
Drawing comics
Traveled to Asia multiple times
Photography and amateur short filmmaking
Raspberry Pi programming
Just started hot yoga going with a few girls I know
Volunteer teaching kids how to draw at a cancer foundation
Going for personal trainer certification next and massage therapy after that

I might've gone overboard with this list but there's a lot of things you can go after. I do have to say that when I let the b*tches get to me by destabilizing my emotions, it was hard to focus on any of these pursuits, almost damn near impossible. I had to free myself first of the anchor called their drama. I never understood what it meant to enjoy being single until a relationship with a crazy chick sucked me away from things like these that I enjoyed.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After breaking up with my first girlfriend years ago (whom I thought I was going to marry), I immersed myself in completely random hobbies and learning new skills. When I say immersed, that's almost all I did outside of the life necessities. These are some of the things I've learned and have gotten pretty excellent at a few.

Cooking (Japanese and Southern mostly)
Read dozens of books
Got a motorcycle license
Rock & ice climbing
Spartan Racing
Relearning Calculus
Taijitsu & Kung Fu
Gymnastics (relearning from when I was a kid)
Ballroom dancing (EVERYONE makes a face of how corny it sounds until they see it actually done in the proper setting)
3D printing
Painting
Drawing comics
Traveled to Asia multiple times
Photography and amateur short filmmaking
Raspberry Pi programming
Just started hot yoga going with a few girls I know
Volunteer teaching kids how to draw at a cancer foundation
Going for personal trainer certification next and massage therapy after that

I might've gone overboard with this list but there's a lot of things you can go after. I do have to say that when I let the b*tches get to me by destabilizing my emotions, it was hard to focus on any of these pursuits, almost damn near impossible. I had to free myself first of the anchor called their drama. I never understood what it meant to enjoy being single until a relationship with a crazy chick sucked me away from things like these that I enjoyed.
Yes quite the list.
I get your point..
i only have time on the weekends for most things although most importantly the hobby has to be fulfilling..
If it isn't I wont attempt it..

MrAddiction

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to concerts is a good thing to do. You can go there alone and meet new people.
I Do that on a regular Basis. And with your dj skills it is easy to have fun with other People / Girls you meet there.
And my experience is I do get to know new peolpe way easier when alone instead of accompanied by some of my friend, that are not that outgoing.

And due to the fact that you get to know different new peolpe on every concert, ist does not get boring and you do not feel the loneliness you are talking about.

On friday i have been alone on a concert in a foreign city. Turned out to be one of the best evenings.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to concerts is a good thing to do. You can go there alone and meet new people.
I Do that on a regular Basis. And with your dj skills it is easy to have fun with other People / Girls you meet there.
And my experience is I do get to know new peolpe way easier when alone instead of accompanied by some of my friend, that are not that outgoing.

And due to the fact that you get to know different new peolpe on every concert, ist does not get boring and you do not feel the loneliness you are talking about.

On friday i have been alone on a concert in a foreign city. Turned out to be one of the best evenings.
I did that for a bit a few years back, just hit bars and activities alone and had a lot of fun as my mindset was different back then.
Now, eh not much up for singled out activities.
Maybe OLD is the way to go , when I'm up for it.
As of now don't care. Trying to heal my mind.

XFORCE

Don Juan
Reaction score
i only have time on the weekends for most things although most importantly the hobby has to be fulfilling..
If it isn't I wont attempt it..
Yes, this is true. There are things I kept off that list that I didn't pursue because they weren't fulfilling or at least fun enough to see it through.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worked out twice today.
Cleaned.
2 naps.
Dog walk.
Watched a movie.
Watched half a football game.. bored
2 loads of laundry..
ate dinner alone.. again. As usual. Every day.

bored..

This is it?

Man this sucks.

MrAddiction

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Worked out twice today.
Cleaned.
2 naps.
Dog walk.
Watched a movie.
Watched half a football game.. bored
2 loads of laundry..
ate dinner alone.. again. As usual. Every day.

bored..

This is it?

Man this sucks.
Sundays always suuck if at home and alone.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sundays always suuck if at home and alone.
That was yesterday, saturday, but today as well.
I'm alone everyday.
And it is nice out. Makes it worse.

What i would give to have an athletic gf to plsy tennis with or something.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a dog and start going to the dog park. It's great and easily meet people. You will also get unconditional love and affection from your dog.
Have one. A german shepherd. She is a Godsend.
Walked her already.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been to the dog park 19 times. Never a good looking girl around. Just fat married couples.

XFORCE

Don Juan
Reaction score
That was yesterday, saturday, but today as well.
I'm alone everyday.
And it is nice out. Makes it worse.

What i would give to have an athletic gf to plsy tennis with or something.
Just gotta break the routine. You seem fit and active, exhausted. Do a Spartan race. I just did one this weekend. All you see are fit women everywhere (although half of them have picture ruiners with them).

A Spartan chick approached me in a supermarket when she saw the race patches on my hoodie and we dated for a few months. It's a really easy way to get friendly with girls at the gym who've done it also. Much less creepy when they know you're into what they're into.

You got this, man...

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do you do all day and week?
Have a gf or any animals?.

I work OT daily , have a dog, hit the gym daily, my son commutes to college from home..
and I'm bored to death by 9pm every day.
You just ain't busy enough dude,being bored is a sign of an idle mind,I can honestly say that in 46 years I have never been "bored"