Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not progressing

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going to the gym for over 5 years now. Sadly to say I'm not as big as I could have been, to be honest it's even pathetic. I can barely bench 145 pounds in 3x8.

I think there are two issues. The first one is that I don't eat enough, I try to eat a lot of proteins, but since I don't gain any weight, it's of no use.

The second is the fact that although I train hard, my muscles never feel sore nor exhausted. Don't get me wrong, the last rep of the last sets is very very difficult, but my muscles don't feel 'burned'. You all know that feeling. Well I just don't have that with certain muscles (ie chest and back). With my bi's, tri's, delts, legs and abs I have it much much more. Clearly I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is. Any of you had similar problems?

It's very weird, I can go crazy on exercises on my back or very light, but the next day I feel nothing. I could go to the gym that day and do them all over again without any difficulty. Well that's to say like I said, the last reps will go difficult, but that's it.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
give us your exact workout with sets and reps

and also your exact diet

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last half year I did a 3 day split

A:

bench press 4x8
cable flies 4x8
incline dumbbell press 4x8

shoulder press 3x8
lateral raises 3x8
front raises 3x8

B:

pull ups 4x8
pullover 4x8
seated rows 4x8
close grip pulldown 4x8

concentration curls 3x8
ez bar curl 3x8
seated incline curls 3x8

pushdown 3x8
single arm pushdown 3x8
triceps extension with rope 3x8

C:

squats 3x8
leg extension 4x12
lying leg curl 4x12
calf press 4x12

crunches 3x15
weighted side bend 3x15
leg raises 3x15

My main problem is I don't have a clear schedule. Sometimes I switch up an exercice for another, but by the next gym session I use the old exercice again.
That plus the fact I absolutely have no schedule for my nutrition.

In the morning I eat 3 pieces of bread with chicken or turkey. The same at noon.
In the evening I eat standard meat, potatoes and vegetables.
For snacks I try to keep it clean, as in stuff with a lot of protein in it. Like yoghurt, eggs, proteinebar and a shake. One piece of fruit as well.

I can also clearly see where the problem is, but there is so much stuff on the internet that I just can't make up a schedule for what to eat or when to eat. That plus the fact I also don't know anymore what to switch up in the gym.

I recently switched jobs so I have a bit more time to get it in order.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait... so you worked out 3 times a day or 3 times a week? o_O

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last half year I did a 3 day split

A:

bench press 4x8
cable flies 4x8
incline dumbbell press 4x8

shoulder press 3x8
lateral raises 3x8
front raises 3x8

B:

pull ups 4x8
pullover 4x8
seated rows 4x8
close grip pulldown 4x8

concentration curls 3x8
ez bar curl 3x8
seated incline curls 3x8

pushdown 3x8
single arm pushdown 3x8
triceps extension with rope 3x8

C:

squats 3x8
leg extension 4x12
lying leg curl 4x12
calf press 4x12

crunches 3x15
weighted side bend 3x15
leg raises 3x15

My main problem is I don't have a clear schedule. Sometimes I switch up an exercice for another, but by the next gym session I use the old exercice again.
That plus the fact I absolutely have no schedule for my nutrition.

In the morning I eat 3 pieces of bread with chicken or turkey. The same at noon.
In the evening I eat standard meat, potatoes and vegetables.
For snacks I try to keep it clean, as in stuff with a lot of protein in it. Like yoghurt, eggs, proteinebar and a shake. One piece of fruit as well.

I can also clearly see where the problem is, but there is so much stuff on the internet that I just can't make up a schedule for what to eat or when to eat. That plus the fact I also don't know anymore what to switch up in the gym.

I recently switched jobs so I have a bit more time to get it in order.
I get 180 grams protein a day if not more and it's really quick and simple..

I do this each night and takes me 20 mins.

Brown rice boil for 15/ 20 mins. While rice is boiling I'll oven 4 quorn sausages for the same time. Rinse the boiled rice with cold water and split into 2 Tupperware containers. Frozen veg on top. Then mix in a can of tuna or salmon into each container. Throw them in the fridge for the next day. Throw sausages in another container and add frozen veg. Put in fridge aswell. That's 3 meals made in 15/20minutes with minimal preparation.

Next day I'll wake up, swallow 4 raw eggs. Then microwave oatmeal for 1.30 seconds and eat.

Workout

After workout is when you can take your protein shake which takes 30 seconds to make. (I make mine with more raw eggs and oats and some fruit instead of powder)

Later on I'll have 1 of my fish and rice combo prepared the previous day.

A few hours later I'll have my 2nd rice and fish combo again.

Evening 4 quorn sausages and veg that I prepared.

Then last meal a tub of cottage cheese which is zero preparation.

I used to eat kidney beans and butter beans instead of the rice, which is even less prep since you buy them cooked.

All you gotta do is be organised.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing. Forget all the isolation stuff. just do compounds

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks

I'll incorporate more compounds into it. But was that program good? Or was it a waste of time?

I'll post a picture of myself later on, looking for honest opinions.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlifts
Squats
Weighted Pull Ups
Bench Press
Weighted Dips
Cleans

Those should be your focus. Bottom line is, this comes down to the fact you are not pushing yourself hard enough and are wanting great results with minimum effort. You simply need to work harder and push yourself more. Doing the same set count and same reps every workout is not pushing yourself, especially when the weight is going nowhere.

Focus on doing 3 sets of 5,3,1 reps once a week on these lifts with you looking to set new PRs in all of these each week for a few months(should be easy to increase at first).

If you are having trouble gaining weight, try 8oz of half and half mixed with 8oz of pineapple juice. It tastes awesome and will give you a 800-1000 calorie boost. If you still aren't gaining weight, do this twice a day.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so your benching around 145 for 3 sets of 8. If your stuck at the weight, then you need to back off a little bit and work your way up. I'll give you an example...

Week1:115x8
Week2:125x8
Week3:135x8
Week4:145x8
Week5:155x8 (10 pound PR)

Then start the cycle over again except next time have a goal for 165x8. Anything less than a four week cycle your probably just burn yourself out and anything more than 8 weeks gets tricky and harder to plan. 4-8 week cycles work great.

Good Luck!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Up for an experiment?