Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New dating app idea is gold

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Take a dig at this, implement it.

You need website, and mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Best developed in C++Builder.

Idea is this - speed dating by picture at coffee shop.

Upon visiting website or mobile app, user is required to register, confirm phone number, upload 1 photo. Nothing else is asked, no gay, lesbian, or reason for dating like long term, or sex, that's useless crap. Then, if user is man, he is presented with photos of women near him, his gps location is taken, and all women in radius of 20 miles are presented to him. User chooses photos of women he likes, maximum of 7*3=21 per week. Women then receives date requests, they can receive a maximum of 21 requests per week, or 3 per day, if she denies or accepts, it is counts as 1 request. If accepted, program picks a coffee shop near both users, and prompts woman first for desired time, then prompts man to accept time, or ask for another time. Date must happen same day or the next day. Program asks both users to come to coffee shop at specified time. Both people meet, and what happens depends on solely on them.

Program checks gps to confirm that users were at coffee shop at specified time, if not, user that wasn't there, receives a strike, and is limited in someway, perhaps in number of dates per week.

After date, each user can leave anonymous feedback for each other, answering predefined questions.

Of course this is a general idea, number of photos, for maximum clicks could be tuned. Success of idea depends on seriousness of developers and advertising. Keep in mind this is my idea. If you do get successful, be kind of enough to share your success with me, listed bellow.

If whoever does this, be sure to give some credits to backseatjuan, and if you ever get filthy rich (company worth more than 30 million), buy me a brand new corvette, penthouse apartment and a house in florida, nothing crazy but not cheap either. I think you could spend about 400k on house, 600k on apartment, and brand new corvette. After all, if you get this far, just do remember where you'd be if it wasn't for my post today.

Failure could mean law suit, or I simply come up with something smarter and smash you, or both. ;)

Go for it lucky man!

Last edited:

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
If it's such a great idea, you would be keeping it closely to yourself and implementing it in private, instead of asking for hand-outs over something that is very unlikely to ever materialize.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You need a dev team, and you need a server and hosting, and advertising, that's a lot of money. I don't know how to realize this idea, thus why hide it. But person reading might have a clue. For me real estate, at this point in my life is important, an apartment and a house would be nice, if they are higher end, it would be even nicer, plus I like corvettes. Why would I hide an idea if I can't realize it, I rather share it and have a chance at some real estate and a vette.

Also, ideas is something that comes in and out of my head often. Today it's dating app, tomorrow it would be something else. No biggie.

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
@backseatjuan,

If you want that 400k house, 600k apartment and a corvette, why not aim to attain them trough your own efforts, instead of relying on some unlikely chance? If you have a lot of ideas, why not pick the very best one, commit to it and see to it that you follow-through, instead of resorting to excuses like you did above. Because if you were serious, you wouldn't let any of those things hold you back. You don't need a developer team and you don't need massive amounts of money for hosting and advertising to get started. Look at Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg probably launched the site on an economy hosting account, which costs about $10 a month today. If the site grows, you upgrade as necessity demands, and by then you would probably have access to more resources. He also didn't spend any money to market it, and I don't think they ever have, even when they started really growing.

This story is common with web companies.

If your idea is web-based, you can either learn (for free on the net) and do it all yourself, or you can partner with a tech-savvy person or developer. Limitations are really just in the mind. We invent them. So if you're serious about attaining the things you want, I encourage to stop making excuses for why you can't pursue your ideas. And the idea in the OP doesn't sound half bad. It could work. It would probably just need to be test-marketed at a university to see how people respond to it, before really committing to massive growth.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
No thanks, I'll pass on the development and advertising process. Most things like this fail when people without enough cash try to make something work. You need television and web advertising as a minimum. If you know anything about our industry, you know how many millions you need. This is not about coding, it is about marketing, and investments, a lot of investments, millions.