Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Net Neutrality

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The FCC just voted to repeal Net Neutrality. It's a hot issue right now. It's relevant to sosuave, because it would allow ISPs to throttle the speed on certain web sites for any reason, including political ones. We are just the type of site that could be labelled as offensive. Feminists are going to say this site is full of masochistic hate speech and that we are all just a bunch of rapists in training. Without net neutrality, that could spell the end of sosuave. They won't ban the site, but they could slow it down so much that no one visits.

http://fortune.com/2017/11/21/what-net-neutrality-means-for-you/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They’ve been doing this for so long. The kid who organized all the anti-SOPA, anti-PIPA campaigns ‘commit suicide’ because he got too influential and stopped the bill from passing. It’s obvious that he was killed by a hired hitman by someone powerful who had his agenda stopped. Is there anything we can do about this one? It’s clear that no one wants it, but they don’t care about public opinion because we clearly don’t live in a democracy anymore.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A VPN bypasses throttling and blocking.

cough....China....cough

The Opera browser has a VPN built in.

VPN traffic is very common and used by everyday businesses.

I learned quickly that when using computers... one often needs to know the workarounds, and to learn to be open to multiple ways of doing things.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/it-s-decision-day-future-internet-n829336
The FCC just scrapped rules protecting a free and open internet

Net neutrality, the set of rules requiring internet service providers to treat all traffic as equal, is dead.

The five members of the Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday 3-2 along party lines to scrap Obama-era net neutrality rules, returning to a "light touch" approach and ending what Chairman Ajit Pai has called the federal government's "micromanaging" of the internet.

Billtx49

Reaction score
This seemed like a "solution" to a problem which never existed.
Exactly, but the last federal administration felt like the had to issue some regulations. The Feds can’t do much of anything right and can actually get in the way of private enterprises ability to regulate themselves.
Example - health insurance

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Explain to me what the hell you are "conserving"
According to some, the deeper issue of the Net Neutrality issue is not neutrality, but whether or not the Internet should be treated (and regulated) like utility.

And according to that argument, what is being "conserved" is the non-regulated, non-utility status of the internet in general.

I understand that you liberals think you know better than everybody else and everybody who disagrees with you is an inbred redneck and that we should all trust you and big government to tell us what's OK and what's NOT Ok, but believe or not, some people would rather choose for themselves, and deal with the consequences, than have government agents watching over our shoulder making sure we kids play "fair" with each other.

Why do you need to attack your opponents (hate, inbred, etc.) instead of just arguing the point?

Corporate profits I get. But why the need to ascribe "good old fashioned hate" to the person holding the argument you disagree with?

Are you incapable of arguing against the argument itself and must use attacks on the arguer?

And since you brought "corporate profits" into the argument, are you saying that liberals/democrats are absolutely devoid of any kind of sensitivity or concern for corporate profits?

I would guess (I can get statistics if you like) to show that dems are just as likely to accept donations from corporations (that must make profits to survive) than repubs.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing to me that anyone believes the heavily slanted and biased news CNN and some other media report… I come from reading the fair and balanced with no agenda Era. No media will Ever control what I think.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
im not into identity politics

both extremes of each political ideology/party are equally idiotic to me. but news is verifiable. the link i posted above isnt a lie just becasue it came from cnn
Never called it a lie, but they may not have reported all the facts. How does a public utility do it cheaper than competitive private enterprises without taking tax money in on top of subscriptions to help pay for it? They’ve taken federal tax money coming from citizens to get it up and running also.
Nothing is free or freer get what you pay for one way or another.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
duh. thats the point of taxes. except in this instance theyre actually using it to make peoples lives better/easier. how exactly is this helping whatever argument youre trying to make?
The point is there’s always a cost. Someone pays where ever the dollars come from as in this case, yet the article is slanted to make it look like they can offer the service cheaper than private enterprise. Give a private company the same federal grant money for free for infrastructure and see what their consumer prices would be.
This story was published to further the government control of the internet agenda.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the link i posted above isnt a lie just becasue it came from cnn
I disagree.

their internet is 30 times faster than the biggest company names and half the price
The price paid by consumers of the internet is half the price of what they would pay elsewhere, that part is correct.

But what's not mentioned is how much that internet is costing the government. I doubt they are paying for that internet ONLY WITH the money they collect from the users.

It's likely subsidized, which means the costs are hidden, just like everything else that is subsidized.

I suspect the argument would be as follows:

The government spends tax dollars to attract businesses so they can get more tax receipts from said businesses.

But unless you have access to Chattanooga's financial records, total amount of public debt, that argument isn't valid.

Billtx49

Reaction score
yea the countries budget is surely suffering because of those damn chatanoogans. lazy bastards
The Feds spend more than they take in every year. What exactly do you call a good budget ?
Or is it the classic response - As long as everybody else pays for it, then it’s all good.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think that is relevant?
I'm here, and you're not. Don't sit ten thousand miles away and tell me about my own country, based on what you read on right-wing think tank propaganda sites. I live in Trump country. He took 80-90% of the vote in some counties here. Not that you would know, because you're not here, but these people still hate Obama with a passion...for being a commie muslim traitor to Amurrika and founding Al-Qaeda, etc. They will tell you any bullsh!t reason, except the real one, which is that they hate him for being black. And those are the buttons that Trump pushes on these people. That's why they like him - he promised to take Amurrika back from that goddamn....well, you know the word.