Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mind Games

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my 16yo girl are staying with my parents until she is 18, that's how I got custody. Her mom is out "living it up".

Now to my current gripe, and resulting question...Mom took her out for a "drive" this afternoon, and now they are playing Mind Games with me. (Silent Treatment).

I am now ignoring them, just like they are doing me.

What is the point in all this? If they don't talk, I don't either. I've never understood this...
Once when I was young I asked Mom why girls did this, she said something like "well, they have to have some way to defend themselves, men are physically strong and women aren't, so that's their equal." I said "If we get physical, we go to jail". She said "Yep".

So how do the rest of you deal with this shyt?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ignore them and pretend that nothing has changed. Dont ask them whats up. Let them play their game. You continue on and do you. Your mom sounds like a b itch. Why would she do this? It dosent matter. Dont worry about it. Just do you.

The most effective way I have delt with my mom is just to leave. When she starts the drama, I don't say a word. I leave. It has improved her attitude 100%.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She, frankly is a *****. Not a bad one, but a controlling bossy one nonetheless. Controls Dad too @76 years old...
When she's done with school (my mother is homeschooling her), we agreed just between me and my girl, to leave. Mom wants us to stay. I want another chance at life. I will leave, even if my daughter changes her mind. I'm done being a puppet. I had to bring her here with me to keep custody.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my 16yo girl are staying with my parents until she is 18, that's how I got custody. Her mom is out "living it up".

Now to my current gripe, and resulting question...Mom took her out for a "drive" this afternoon, and now they are playing Mind Games with me. (Silent Treatment).

I am now ignoring them, just like they are doing me.

What is the point in all this? If they don't talk, I don't either. I've never understood this...
Once when I was young I asked Mom why girls did this, she said something like "well, they have to have some way to defend themselves, men are physically strong and women aren't, so that's their equal." I said "If we get physical, we go to jail". She said "Yep".

You enjoy the peace and quiet. You do not cater to it.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
“The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We went to the store last night. I asked her later what was wrong with her the other day.

She said "Mammaw is such a "Mary Sue" (she thinks she's perfect). And she came home tired of hearing her preaching/bragging.
This is definitely my mother. That's what my girl's problem was. And my mother was brimming with pride. So it looked like a head game on me, but actually between them. Nothing new, just looked different.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would strongly advise not to get on board with their game. Act like nothing is happening and just put more time and energy on making yourself better, your mission, your hobbies, your job, your friends, your projects. Be chill and laid back.

Serenity

Reaction score
If I'm sure something's up and that being silent is intentional I confront it head on.

It's annoying as fvck and pretty unfair to shut up and act like a b!tch, you can't better what you don't know is the issue. So when someone does that to me I confront them asking the only logical question "what's the problem?". If they won't tell me I will keep pushing and pushing until they break and tell me what the fvcks wrong, even if only to stop me from pestering them with questions.

Either that or just ignore them and let them feel like sh!t about whatever annoys them. If they won't communicate they have to take the consequences of that. If you don't know what annoys them about you because they won't talk, it's really their fault the problem exists.

Just don't ever let silent treatment bother you more than whatever bothers them.

@dustmuffin This is so true. My mother used to be a total b!tch. Well, not anymore since I just hung up or left when her mind reverted to 3 year olds.

Last edited by a moderator: