Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mental Health Issues (Family)

MixedMutt00

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience (If not appropriate for the forums, I apologize, feel free to delete)

My brother got baker acted about 2 weeks ago for having a psychotic episode, apparently in the middle of the street (according to the police report). He's had a extreme history of bullying (including from myself when we were younger), trauma, depression, and suicidal ideologies. He lives with my mother but he despises it here, blaming my mom and I for constantly gas lighting him and us being the reason he doesn't ever get out of bed or do anything productive.

I've tried HARD to get him to read The Game, PUA, he's lived with me too and we've tried our best and given it our all but unfortunately, I feel this is the worst he's ever been. Now my mother thinks he'll be claimed by the state since he explained to the doctors at the ward he hates it here.

Few questions really: anyone with a similar experience but were able to help their person out? Can the State (FL) claim him from my mother (but I think it'd be ultimately for the best of his health) I'm pretty burnt out myself, and it has definitely induced a form of depression onto myself. I guess just posting for some general advice, or are there any places anyone recommends for situations like this? For him or for myself

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually so my cousin in Florida had schizophrenia… not sure what the state did but doesn’t seem like a lot. Honestly I wish they would have. We may still have her. You can’t overdo it with your brother. Guardianship should be on the table. These folks need extra help. Think of it like Down’s syndrome or something else. It’s not their fault. But they need the help.

MixedMutt00

Don Juan
Reaction score
These folks need extra help. Think of it like Down’s syndrome or something else. It’s not their fault. But they need the help.
I feel you, i've understood the severity of the situation for years. But my mother doesn't think its "as serious" as down syndrome, and my brother doesn't even think he has any problems at all. He believes we've gaslighted him into believing there's a problem, and now he thinks my mother and I are the ones who have mental health issues (we might, but we're not having psychotic episodes out in the street or potentially harming those around us)

Really appreciate the support homie < 3

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was bajèe acted but it wasn't that that kept me out of the military it was my eyesight. Also had a brother who was an addict. Along with a couple of former classmates who were suicidal. Talk to a pastor counselor or someone really does help I had an awesome support group when I got out and I never once decided to drive my BMW to a crowd of people or try to commit suicide hope both of you get better

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you describe the psychotic episode in detail, OP?

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience (If not appropriate for the forums, I apologize, feel free to delete)

My brother got baker acted about 2 weeks ago for having a psychotic episode, apparently in the middle of the street (according to the police report). He's had a extreme history of bullying (including from myself when we were younger), trauma, depression, and suicidal ideologies. He lives with my mother but he despises it here, blaming my mom and I for constantly gas lighting him and us being the reason he doesn't ever get out of bed or do anything productive.

I've tried HARD to get him to read The Game, PUA, he's lived with me too and we've tried our best and given it our all but unfortunately, I feel this is the worst he's ever been. Now my mother thinks he'll be claimed by the state since he explained to the doctors at the ward he hates it here.

Few questions really: anyone with a similar experience but were able to help their person out? Can the State (FL) claim him from my mother (but I think it'd be ultimately for the best of his health) I'm pretty burnt out myself, and it has definitely induced a form of depression onto myself. I guess just posting for some general advice, or are there any places anyone recommends for situations like this? For him or for myself
I'm familiar with some of the processes but in another State. I suppose they are somewhat similar. If the police make contact with him during one of his episodes and he is judged to be an immediate danger to himself and others, they would take him in to police custody and take him to the hospital where he would be medically assessed and then psychologically assessed. The police can put a 72 hour hold on him requiring the hospital to lock him down. They can medicate and also do therapy. After 72 hours the doctors have to release him if he is no longer an immediate threat to himself and/ others. Or, the doctors and or family have to petition the court. The key is the word immediate.

The State can claim him under certain criteria such as being a danger to himself or others, can't care for himself, and indigent. The State's do not like doing this, so much of the responsibility is put on the family. It has to be a very severe case for the State to attempt to claim him. The family can file a petition in probate court to have him involuntarily committed also.

MixedMutt00

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to a pastor counselor or someone really does help I had an awesome support group when I got out and I never once decided to drive my BMW to a crowd of people or try to commit suicide hope both of you get better
I think religion is one of his problems. He was critcally bullied, abused, sexually molested, and now he struggles between having these feelings that God is real and he's been testing him, but why doesn't God show more, or very emotional moments that there is no God and the world is just evil naturally. Like, he'll jump back and forth within a day : ( and the game is evil and sin, and so am I

Can you describe the psychotic episode in detail, OP?
Well, I heard it from my mom, who heard it from someone else, but the police found him in the middle of the street "having a psychotic episode". But when my mom asked him, he said they found him passed out because he took too much of his medication. He was gaslit a lot in highschool with the bullying to the point where he struggles with reality, so idk what's true anymore, but he feels like everyone is always gaslighting him.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think religion is one of his problems. He was critcally bullied, abused, sexually molested, and now he struggles between having these feelings that God is real and he's been testing him, but why doesn't God show more, or very emotional moments that there is no God and the world is just evil naturally. Like, he'll jump back and forth within a day : ( and the game is evil and sin, and so am I

Well, I heard it from my mom, who heard it from someone else, but the police found him in the middle of the street "having a psychotic episode". But when my mom asked him, he said they found him passed out because he took too much of his medication. He was gaslit a lot in highschool with the bullying to the point where he struggles with reality, so idk what's true anymore, but he feels like everyone is always gaslighting him.
If he's not having hallucinations or hearing voices and there's no break from objective reality, it seems like it could be a severe case of Complex PTSD.

Has anyone not in the psych industry or immediate family taken a look at him? At first glance it looks like he's stuck in a place (home) where he doesn't trust those he lives with. Maybe there's a relative whom he can somewhat trust he can stay with.

Last edited: