Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men who don't like sports

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice:
I never understood why grown ass men invest so much emotional energy on "their" team. And how they get insulted and butthurt if "their" team lost some game, a game that no one will care about in a short amount of time. Who won the superbowl in 1995? Better question: who CARES who won the superbowl in 1995?
Kerpal:
The obsession with watching sports is primarily a way for unathletic, beta guys to live vicariously through alphas.
Romangod:
It has nothing to do with living my life vicariously through alphas. It's a passion for the game.
I don't particularly care for sports, keeping my invested time to a bare minimum. I'll occasionally attend a baseball or basketball game, and I mostly only pay attention to a sport during the playoffs (the only time of real excitement), on occasion. But, as explained by zoologist Desmond Morris in his books The Human Zoo and The Soccer Tribe, there are evolutionary explanations—it's part of our tribal ancestry. Originally, the biological limit of tribes was 150 people (this still holds true today in the number of friends you can have). If you exceeded the limit, the tribe would split into two. In order for societies to expand into the million-plus metropolises, humans developed various super-tribes. So, in a nutshell, the interest in watching other people play a sport is to be part of a tribe. Sports have a brutality or warlike aspect and it's a socially approved way to lash out and be aroused.
ArcBound:
I believe there was a study done where men lost testosterone if their favorite team lost and had an increase when their favorite team won. This is funny to me because they aren't even playing on the team but rather living through the team so much as other posters have said.
The same holds true for voters in political elections and any other time of victory. It's a vestigial remnant of our tribal ancestry.

Last edited:

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting.

That explains the surge of testosterone (and some anxiety) of when I was told that I was to go to war. Never ended up going though.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
There are many studies out there on this subject. They've all concluded that about 50% of men who are not interested in sports are either gay or have had at least one homosexual encounter, and the other 47% of men are curious and would be open to a homosexual encounter. Only 3% of the men who disliked sports said they wouldn't consider a homosexual encounter in the future. 98% of all respondents also said they had never had any type of sexual encounter with a female.
Does any of this studies happen to be reported somewhere? or they have been buried with bin laden because of particular reasons?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
TThey've all concluded that about 50% of men who are not interested in sports are either gay or have had at least one homosexual encounter, and the other 47% of men are curious and would be open to a homosexual encounter. Only 3% of the men who disliked sports said they wouldn't consider a homosexual encounter in the future. 98% of all respondents also said they had never had any type of sexual encounter with a female.
What about football? Nothing like big sweaty men in tights slapping each other's asses chasing down a pig skin before throwing themselves onto a big sweaty pile in the middle of the field.

I don't know... seems kind of gay?

BTW, I would like to see what 'sports' this study encompasses. Does it include Rally, Formula Series, Air Racing, something interesting not involving tights, sweat and cod pieces?

PappyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
There are many studies out there on this subject. They've all concluded that about 50% of men who are not interested in sports are either gay or have had at least one homosexual encounter, and the other 47% of men are curious and would be open to a homosexual encounter. Only 3% of the men who disliked sports said they wouldn't consider a homosexual encounter in the future. 98% of all respondents also said they had never had any type of sexual encounter with a female.
The imaginary statistics are amusing, but I have some real ones:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071029100619.htm

This study says 1/3 of American high school football players have had homosexual encounters. I know that is players rather than fans, but it is amusing nonetheless.

I don't see how there can be any strong correlation between watching sports and heterosexuality. A lot of sports feature sweaty, athletic, young men in tight clothing. You have to admit that a sports obsession can be construed as potentially homosexual.

My favorite sport to watch/participate in is watching a chick's t!tties bouncing while I'm banging her. If any guys think that I'm gay because I don't care about sports, I'd be happy to shove my c0ck up in their girl in multiple positions while they're busy watching other sweaty men groping each other.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PappyS said:
My favorite sport to watch/participate in is watching a chick's t!tties bouncing while I'm banging her.
I like this sport too.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
No it's not. You're not actually competing in anything. You're just watching other people compete. That's why it's beta to be so obsessed with it.
Right, either way it is competition, ask the guys at the games if they don't get pumped up to watch their team in a big game.

This thread seems to assume everyone who enjoys sports does so from the safety of their own living room, which isn't true at all.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
Right, either way it is competition, ask the guys at the games if they don't get pumped up to watch their team in a big game.
It doesn't matter. It's not their team, they're not part of the action. That's why they're called "spectators", they watch.

Unfortunately many people don't see this disconnect and they tend to mirror "their" team. It's more of a psychological effect. Whenever the team loses, they feel terrible, whenever the team wins they feel great and what's scary is that testosterone levels for men actually follow that roller coaster of winning and losing.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
It doesn't matter. It's not their team, they're not part of the action. That's why they're called "spectators", they watch.

Unfortunately many people don't see this disconnect and they tend to mirror "their" team. It's more of a psychological effect. Whenever the team loses, they feel terrible, whenever the team wins they feel great and what's scary is that testosterone levels for men actually follow that roller coaster of winning and losing.
Exactly this is the point to which I add her that those players feel no connection to their "colors", a dumbass hillbilly deprive his son of books in order to take him at the stadium or buy the cable sport channel and still believe that he is doing what honor ask him to do by supporting "his colors".

Those players are businessmen they care about money no matter which team pays them, they care about supporters as much as a girl care about her afc orbiters.

I heard of a man who suffered heart problems because of a football match while didnt even bother to attend his son's meeting with the teachers at school, he once even told his son that a real man is always faithfull to his colors.
This is the male version of the cvnt who doesnt feed her son for hours cause she is out with the girls.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, extreme examples, the average joe isn't having heart attacks and neglecting his children because of a sporting event.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
Eh, extreme examples, the average joe isn't having heart attacks and neglecting his children because of a sporting event.
Yeah it was just an example therefore not a general rule but while Im sure the average joe isnt getting a heart attack, I cant say the same about him neglecting his family because of the match.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Vice said:
I'm big on things like motorsports, BMX, surfing, aviation (air races, record breaking, stunts), that kind of thing. I don't subscribe to any particular organization or athlete, but I do respect their abilities. I also respect a handful of sports stars for their philosophy on life.[/I]
Sounds like your into Sports to me - just not the usual Baseball, Football etc.

You are into something physical anyway.

Guys that "hate" all sport should in my opinion be beaten up and sent to live in a lesbian women's commune as pennance.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like sports
alpha males like sports
I am an alpha male :rolleyes:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow!

After rereading this discussion I begin to wonder if the world is upside down. It's like being in bizzaro world. :crazy: Let's see:

If you like watching sports you're really a beta wanting to be an alpha.

If you like watching sports you're neglecting your family.

Watching and discussing sports is like women gossiping.

Sports is an outlet for people who have weak realities.

We're wasting our masculine energy in front of a television.

r0cky said:

I'm beginning to think this is the truth and SoSuave is being infiltrated by a lot of Homos.

Cheers!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@romangod

I understand your view, but I think most people in this thread are talking about people are are insane about sports. I watch basketball once in a while, nothing is wrong with that.

But some people research every fvcking statistic, follow every player, can't miss a match and are basically on the dvcks of these athletes and when talking to other people act like they are suddenly bros with these athletes and know everything about them. And to make it better most of the time they don't even fvcking play the sport.

^That type of person is beta and living through their team and that type of person I don't respect. A man who watches sports for general enjoyment and actually plays sports himself I do respect because him watching sports is a continuation of his real life hobby into TV entertainment, rather than nuthugging a team or its athletes.

There is nothing inherently wrong with sports, in fact I think sports are the peak of masculinity as pure competition between individuals but as I said I think most people in this thread are making the argument that a certain type of people who watch sports are trying to live through their idols.

Kinda like fat women posting facebook statuses with quotes about Marilyn Monroe, you see these dudes who look like if they picked up a ball it would be too heavy for them nut hugging A-rod or LeBron James and its pretty funny.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really do not think there's any correlation between being homosexual and liking, or disliking, sports. Also, a lot of us, myself included, just would rather focus our energy and time on other things than following sports. It's not that we dislike them, it's just that priority wise they are far down the list.

There's just too many things I'd rather do, and wish I had more time to do them.

Also, keep in mind that your priorities change over time. Environment affects your passion for sports as well. I was much more into sports when I worked in an office environment. Now, my job is a physically active one and can actually be like a sport. Sometimes I get the rush at the end of the workday and tell folks, "I played well today".

I mostly start paying attention to sports now when the big games, superbowl, world series, etc. come around.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
@romangod

I understand your view, but I think most people in this thread are talking about people are are insane about sports. I watch basketball once in a while, nothing is wrong with that.

But some people research every fvcking statistic, follow every player, can't miss a match and are basically on the dvcks of these athletes and when talking to other people act like they are suddenly bros with these athletes and know everything about them. And to make it better most of the time they don't even fvcking play the sport.
That's pretty funny actually. I remember several years ago, a few friends of mine who are sports fanatics talked me into joining one of those online fantasy leagues.

Well, while they spent hours making trades, following the stats....I did absolutely nothing with my team. I didn't even log in once, completely forgot about the league...

My team won. Those friends were pissed at me for awhile. Haha, they got over it, and now we have a big laugh when we talk about it.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
My one friend does nut hug athletes hard core, he always wants to go to bars that athletes frequent. His reasoning being "How cool would it be to drink with (random athlete)?!"

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
@romangod]But some people research every fvcking statistic
I'm guilty as charged here, but use those statistics for gambling purposes to make some money on the side.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand to gain nothing from watching others play sports.