Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marijuana

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a strong defender of legalizing or decriminalizing hemp and marijuana. I'll say that first.

Second, I'll say that a little pot smoking is perfectly fine... as long as it's done in moderation and done responsibly (as anything else you'd do).

Third, I'll say that you can't always trust statistics. Just because there is little or no evidence that marijuana causes ... well... anything... doesn't mean that it's not bad for you in some ways. The effects of cigarettes, alcohol and anything else legal is easier ot document because they are legal. Most people who have lung cancer or anything other ailment don't usually say "oh yeah and by the way I smoked tons of weed" so often you might not notice some connections that may or may not exist.

And lastly, I'll give some advice: The worst part of the joint you smoke is the paper, especially if it's bleached paper. Use a bowl or bong or something... it's much better for you.

silentbill

Reaction score
I personally don't care what anyone does regarding marijuana, but there is a ton of research out there on it.

Just use Pubmed to search it up. For those of you unfamiliar with Pubmed, it's a huge database full of scientific articles. Usually you can access the abstract, but if you are using a computer at a university with journal subscriptions to access the site, you can usually get the entire article.

There is a wide variety of articles on weed there. Just scanning through the articles, you can find headache-inducing biochemical mechanisms to studies on the quality of life of drug users to a small case study on tuberculosis spread through water pipes (lol). These are the articles by the scientists themselves, not by anyone with an obvious agenda (pro or con).

Entrez-Pubmed

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know its not a good habit, but its the safest habit i know of for stress relief.

About the lung cancer, i sort of disagree. If you had never smoked ciggs, but maybe smoked weed for 10 years. That would instantly come to mind for the cause of the cancer.

The above scenario isn't far fetched at all, and the fact that it hasn't happened is why i don't think weed causes cancer.

maybe my logics flawed, who knows

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been known to indulge every once in a while. But I do worry about cancer. Oh well... EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING in life has it's upsides and downsides. You take your chances. That's life.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Neuen
[BI don't know about you, but back in the day I made pretty damn sure any marijuana I considered smoking was 100% free of ARSENIC. (*coughcigarettes*) [/B]
grapes have more arsenic that cigarettes. stuff like that is why i don't really pay attention to any of the "propoganda" from either side. i don't see a need to smoke so i don't. plain as that. as for everyone else, if it doesn't affect me they can do pretty much whatetever they want and i won't try to stop them. in truth, i 'm certain marijuana isn't extremely harmful. in fact, the government is stupid for not legalizing it, they would make a killing off of the taxes.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiggity shiggity shwhat?

Originally posted by Nocturnal
grapes have more arsenic that cigarettes.
How?

I guess that's why so few people smoke grapes, then. :p

Seriously, though: Where's this information come from?

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Shiggity shiggity shwhat?

Originally posted by Von Neuen
How?

I guess that's why so few people smoke grapes, then. :p

Seriously, though: Where's this information come from?
you know what, I could have sworn I heard this from multiple places, but i looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything about arsenic in tobacco except in water. I can tell you they measure it in ppb (parts per billion), so for every x grams of arsenic there are a billion parts of tobacco.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice thread, and nice discussions.

Im all for weed in moderation, usually doing it once or twice a week..or sometimes not doing it for several weeks.

Has anyone ever used/heard the term "back it" to say smoking weed? Around here its common, but people out of town say they havent heard it before.....just curious
:p

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

i guess its just better to be safe than sorry, marijuana doent really have any "horrific" sideeffects, at least none that cigarettes do not have, and the short term effects of looking like a dumbass ;). id stay away b/c im an athlete.

lets put it this way, there arent any health benefits to it

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
No health benefits?

So the reason that its used medicinally means nothing to you? Cancer patients as well as many other terminally ill people use it and it has NO HEALTH BENEFITS?

ARE YOU FUCCING MENTAL?

Goddamn your a biased idiot.

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
some people just have no idea whats going on.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
No health benefits?

So the reason that its used medicinally means nothing to you? Cancer patients as well as many other terminally ill people use it and it has NO HEALTH BENEFITS?

ARE YOU FUCCING MENTAL?

Goddamn your a biased idiot.
I always thought that the benefits of medicinal marijuana (which is different than the crap you guys are probably smoking ;) ) is that it is used to aid nauseau & pain, and for relaxation. While those are all great things, it doesn't necessarily have HEALTH benefits. Although I admit I have no actual data on this subject, so I might just be totally misinformed. :confused:

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ????

Originally posted by ~UnDisputed~
Lil duce...LOL!! heightened appreciation for music! lmao!!!!!!!
whats so funny?

InExtremis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say i agree with Julian ect. in that there definately ARE health benefits .. but it depends on what you count as a 'benefit', as well as who you are, since the effects of weed are not global but can change enormously from person to person. If you want to read about someone that it has helped TREMENDOUSLY in terms of health .. do a search on Todd McCormcick. He contracted a series of tumours known as Histiocytosis X which was treated in the old days very aggressively (modern science has now shown that it is actually benign and goes away on its own) which has left many of his bones, particularly around his hips, fused together. The pain was so intense that he was given just about every prescription drug which wasnt really effective enough, so he turned to marijuana. Now he lives a much better life and claims to be far more agile as well as comfortable.

Many of you are also discussing the contents of weed that are harmful to us. If you want to look at a way of smoking it without the harm, do a search on "vaporizers", also known as "vaporizer bongs". Basically they plug into the wall and heat the cone piece, vaporizing the material content of the drug and releasing all the active ingredients (THC ect.) in the form of a vapor which can then be inhaled like a normal bong. This is what the hospitals often use now. In fact me and my best mate have just ordered a couple. :D

From what you can probably tell, when it comes to legalization, im all for it. I don't see the harm when its used in moderation, especially when you look past all the BS theories.

eg. Marijuana is an addictive drug (it is not physically addictive like heroine, but it is more like an addiction to a favourite food like chocolate or pizza), other rumours exist such as weed leading users to harder drugs.

The other thing id like to point out is, although many believe that a joint is so much worse than a cigarette (and possibly with good reason), consider the amount of cigarettes that are smoked compared to joints. A decent high lasts for 4 - 5 hours, how long does the nicotine last before smokers need another cancerstick?