Long hair or short?

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm gonna get my hair cut this weekend, its getting a bit messy. ;)

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
you get more women with your hair down?
Yeah, no question... for as much as I've worn it up (much easier to cope with on the bike or in the roadster), I think I've only pulled intent from a babe once... maybe twice. Down, I get attention all the time.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i still keep it buzzed but at times i want to grow it out a lil.... the only problem is that all of the between stages of getting it there are hideous. time to get my fitteds out of the closet :(

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself, man. Women love a man with long sexy hair. Why do you think it was so taboo before the 60's and set the world on fire with sexual revolution?

I used to have long hair parted up the middle a few years back. Man, I'm losing my hair now, and I would give anything to be able to have long hair again. Grow it out, son.:up:

MIKE.T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. I was always under the impression that women liked long hair. At least long hair on good-looking men, anyway. I think I might have been dead wrong.

I have always had short hair. I've never been able to look good even with marginally long hair ('shaggy', apparently it's called). If the sides grow to evn 1 inch, I start looking stupid. So I've always had it quite short. But I always thought this was a disadvantage; and I wished I could grow it long the way I saw some guys do.

Then this year a couple of chicks, to my astonishment, expressed utter disgust at long hair. I was like, you for real, you hate it that much. HATE IT, they answered me. Obviously that's as anecdotal as you can get, but I never imagined any girl could hate long hair that much. Maybe it was this friend I grew up with. He had long, curly hair that everyone agreed looked really good on him. He was very good looking and picked up like crazy. Then one day his girlfriend convinced him to cut it short. It looked good, but not as good as his long hair did. Everyone agreed that he made a mistake. (His girlfriend dumped him about a month later, I wonder if it was related.) I probably generalized way too much from this one example, to all girls finding long hair attractive.

I have been swayed by some of the arguments on this thread, though. They could have been better presented, though. GOGL, I am talking primarily to you - if you had posted those survey results first, rather than simply claiming you have them for ten pages, this thread would have been much shorter. Also, it's difficult to determine what exactly makes something feminine. For example, playing with doles, everyone would agree, is feminine, but is it only because girls play with that it is? That is what feminist leaning sociology types have always been telling us, but science is proving this view wrong. Girls gravitate to feminine activities because there is something inherently feminine about them. Where does long hair fit into all this? I'm not really sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's an inherently feminine thing. (This actually strengthens your point, GOGL. I'm just saying in case you don't get it and start flaming me.) Why did males in past civilizations grow long hair then? Interesting question.

Anyway, this is one of those rare occasions where I'm glad to have been wrong, or that the truth has been friendly (instead of bitter, the way it usually is). Only short hair looks good on me, and thanks be to God, babes prefer guys with short (ie non-long) hair.

Roosevelt

Banned
Reaction score
It may be depend
Some look awesome in short and some on long hair

It also depend on the choice of girl they also like short and long hair

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
uh, Jesus, Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, many others have done just fine with long hair. Superfine, in fact.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
derision is the "last refuge of the scoundrel". When you have no real reason to use in the debate, you fall back upon derision. Doing so is the mark of the complete jerk

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
twentee said:
derision is the "last refuge of the scoundrel". When you have no real reason to use in the debate, you fall back upon derision. Doing so is the mark of the complete jerk
Yes sir I am jerk. For pointing out that the so called 'feminime trait' can actually make you more manly. (if used in conjuction with beard.)

If it weren't for that sh1t, men wouldn't be up to this day.

It depends on your face shape and body shape.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soprano said:
i still keep it buzzed but at times i want to grow it out a lil.... the only problem is that all of the between stages of getting it there are hideous. time to get my fitteds out of the closet :(
This. I keep my hair shaved off entirely or buzzed very low all around.