Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Learning NLP first then SS

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum has been created in the right time !!
Today, I bought two books, "Introduction to NLP" and "Frogs into Princes".
I'm starting to read the first one, then I'll read the second.
I decided to leave SS alone for a while, I believe that learning NLP first will get a more precise view of SS, I'll understand it better.

So I'd like to:

1 - Hear from people who know both NLP and SS if it's worth learning NLP and then SS

2 - Announce that I'm going to be taking notes of the most important parts of the books and post them, so that everyone can relate the basics of NLP to the basics of SS

BBB

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am getting into NLP (as it does not pertain to seduction) at the moment. The answer is it helps a lot. SS is designed under the assumption that the student has no NLP background so it's good to look at some SS material, at least enough to have a basic understanding, first so that you can study the NLP material with SS in mind, otherwise I can see how you would wonder a little bit how the material is helping you.

BTW, read The Structure of Magic before Frogs into Princes, you'll get it better.

------------------
"Dare to aim high." ~ DeepBlue

"Embrace the unknown." ~ Mystery

"Every human being has so much to offer, it's whether they are willing to give it that makes or breaks their relationship with me." ~ Gunwitch

"All you can do is make sure that YOUR game is tight and your skills are intact. Be prepared for anything and play YOUR game at all times, right down the line." ~ MrSex4uNYC

"Capture and lead her imagination and she will not resist you." ~ Ross Jeffries

[This message has been edited by SexPDX (edited 11-15-2002).]

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDX,
Welcome back. I was hoping you'd drop in soon.

I have recently purchased The Structure of Magic (parts 1 and 2) as well as Frogs into Princes, Reframing, Trans-formations, and Using Your Brain for a Change (all by Bandler and Grinder). I have spent a couple of all nighters reading through this stuff and am also taking notes. Amazing stuff. I'll type up and post my notes as well.

[This message has been edited by Cesare Cardinali (edited 11-15-2002).]

PrinceCharming

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX:
BTW, read The Structure of Magic before Frogs into Princes, you'll get it better.

The Structure of Magic??? That book is a fvcking chore to read. I thought it was the worst NLP book written. It does however have some cool linguistic shìt, like the whole Chomsky grammar thing etc.

SS was actually built mostly from Tranceformations which is IMO The Best intro and advanced book on hypnosis. Ross uses several patterns from that book including the whole layering in of the stories (he calls is stacking)

If you want a good NLP background read both Frogs into Princes although this is a bit old, and Tranceformations. Then you can learn SS much better.

[This message has been edited by PrinceCharming (edited 11-15-2002).]

PrinceCharming

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
double post

[This message has been edited by PrinceCharming (edited 11-15-2002).]

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali:
PDX,
Welcome back. I was hoping you'd drop in soon.
Well since us unusual guys now have our own unusual forum we may be able to get some discussion done without getting interupted by those usual ELITE_WOMANIZERS. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

------------------
"Dare to aim high." ~ DeepBlue

"Embrace the unknown." ~ Mystery

"Every human being has so much to offer, it's whether they are willing to give it that makes or breaks their relationship with me." ~ Gunwitch

"All you can do is make sure that YOUR game is tight and your skills are intact. Be prepared for anything and play YOUR game at all times, right down the line." ~ MrSex4uNYC

"Capture and lead her imagination and she will not resist you." ~ Ross Jeffries

[This message has been edited by SexPDX (edited 11-15-2002).]

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Rex Sykes course. It covers many of the basic concepts. I haven't finished reading it yet. I will post more as I do that.

Kudos on this forum too. I just noticed it today. I think it will be an excellent forum for those of us interested in this field.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I'm halfway through the book, learning really amazing stuff.

I've reached the part where they explain the patterns and how they work.
I have a doubt, because people here have different points of view about patterns.

So, if anyone more experienced could clear me this out, please...

Everyone is saying that patterning is the one of the tools that makes you lead her imagination, and she'll think that's her idea, that's why it'll work.

But in the book , I read that patterns are a way to introduce vague, subjective words,(feelings,values), after you've estabilished rapport, so that that person gets those words and add their own values for them.
It's not like they think it's they're idea, they just "customize" the idea, to their own beliefs, and that's why it works.

So, am I wrong, or it's just that the meanings are the same and the only problem is the way other people are expressing it?

I'd really apreciate your insights !!

Thanks in advance,

BBB

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

patterns are used to to vaguely attract values that you elicited earlier out of her mind, and link htem to you.

not simply by telling her to feel a certain way, but by appealing to something (some subject you were talking about earlier) and building a pattern out of that.

Iv4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've skimed through a PDF of rex sykes' book and it seems to go into more detail on the theory than SS does.Persoanlly I think SS is 'way' that uses a ****load of NLP.I consider it the best intro to NLP but havent read many other books(none mentioned here).

Say was 'frogs into princes' writen by debie binburned?I got something like that of Kaazaa once('how to protect your *****' or something like that')but dismised it as femi-nazi propeganda.Was pure SS bashing though but made some refernces to a book of tha sort and the SS users were called 'frogs' while the 'prince' it would seem was an AFC with an erectyl disfunction.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTT:

I think SS can't really be studied alone. When you read only jeffries, you get patterns and examples that go with his style and the way he speaks.

What you need to do, is make your own parrerns as you go. IMHO, you can't pattern if you haven't read a few NLP books.

Cheers

Iv4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know about that.I've made one(just atractio though-its what I always do thugh)but rex sykes book would have helped me some I guess.It's lke he says just dscribe the felings but rex sykes's book would really have made me better at the description