Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lady on bumble. One word reply

RickTheToad

Reaction score
We matched, liked or whatever on Bumble. She waited a day to open conversation as bumble sent me a notice to extend a few of the conversations which were expiring in a few hours. Apparently, even if the lady also liked you, she has 24 hrs to open dialog. So I extended it and she said Hey, How are you about 10 minutes later. I replied back after I got out of the movies, about an hour, and said great. How are you? She replied back tonight "same".

How does one follow up on this? This is the first time a lady has nothing else to say. I was going to ask her a question about something, then follow up with let's meet for drinks. I googled and it said one word answers, not a good sign.

Looking for advice on this one.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop ovethinking it and just ask her out for a drink.

There is no need to build some deep connection with everyone woman before asking them out. In my experience women like this are the ones looking for d!ck.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Stop ovethinking it and just ask her out for a drink.

There is no need to build some deep connection with everyone woman before asking them out. In my experience women like this are the ones looking for d!ck.
Really? We know nothing about each other. I've tried that before, always got shot down stating I want to get to know you first or talk first. At least on Match you can learn a bit about me. On Bumble there is no information on me at all. It's literally one sentence and my age.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? We know nothing about each other. I've tried that before, always got shot down stating I want to get to know you first or talk first. At least on Match you can learn a bit about me. On Bumble there is no information on me at all. It's literally one sentence and my age.
You have a pic(s) on there right? Either way if she isnt down for a drink find out now rather than a week later.

If she wants to meet she will meet. Yeah a small percentage of women will need to build some comfort before hand but the rule of thumb is the more attracted they are to you the less comfort they need.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Never worked before, but I guess I have to sh!t or get off the pot. Excuse my naiveté, but what's the best way to suggest this to a basic stranger who've I've not even talked to yet?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I call them out and say "lame" when I get one word answers. It usually gets them talking more. They respect you more for not putting up with their bullish!t.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything. She's just boring, or just sucks at texting. Some women are more fun to text then others. If she's responding she's interested, that's that. you're just going to have to carry the conversation

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Still think jumping from hello, how's your day to let's meet for drinks on Wednesday is a bit of extreme escalation. No?

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many women on Bumble put something in their profile like, "Not looking for a pen-pal, let's meet up." This means they don't want to spend a bunch of time chatting with a stranger over Bumble text.

I have been on so many Bumble dates that I lost track of the count. What I learned is to not waste your valuable time and energy investing in a woman from Bumble who you haven't yet met, because it isn't going to work out with most of them. At MOST, I will send 10 messages with a woman before asking her out, and that's only if she is responsive and we are going back and forth with less than 5 minutes between messages. Otherwise I invest less than 5 messages.

No it is not an extreme escalation to go from how's your day to let's meet for drinks on Wednesday. When I started experimenting with cutting to the chase faster and faster, I started getting increasing compliments and thank-yous from women. One woman told me she was impressed and a little intimidated by my boldness (we dated for a while after that). And many more just politely thanked me for cutting to the chase.

If you would like to set yourself up better for a few messages that don't prompt one-word answers, then don't ask super basic questions or repeat the question they ask you right back to them. Ask them something unique and interesting, preferably based on their profile pic or bio. The question should be open-ended and not answerable by a yes or a no. Dig a bit deeper into her answer by asking her a couple more questions about her answer, and then relate it to yourself and then tie that into the your invitation to meet up like, "That's awesome, I bet you have some cool travel stories to tell - I do as well since I travel a lot. We should meet for drinks on Wednesday to share stories." And that's it. Works for me 95% of the time. 5-10 messages tops.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never worked before, but I guess I have to sh!t or get off the pot. Excuse my naiveté, but what's the best way to suggest this to a basic stranger who've I've not even talked to yet?
"You up for grabbing a drink one night and talking more in person?"

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This Sh!t is NOT rocket science OP you are coming across desperate and needy and women have a 6th sense about neediness and can smell it on you.I never have a problem with OLD so I will tell you what I do.First be BOLD and escalate quickly.Before the meetoo movement and the Tinder crackdown I used to ask women if they wanted daddy to spank them and that I was into role play I would ask this about 2 messages in(I got laid a lot) and Tinder never axed my account now they will if some b!tch complains.So now I just ask if they want to meet up I do it within the first 5 messages if they don't reply I unmatch.I am also a little bit of an azzhole (this is an art that cannot be taught) just be masculine.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still think jumping from hello, how's your day to let's meet for drinks on Wednesday is a bit of extreme escalation. No?
Actually this is what I do if I can't think of something else to ask them. It some times works.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We matched, liked or whatever on Bumble. She waited a day to open conversation as bumble sent me a notice to extend a few of the conversations which were expiring in a few hours. Apparently, even if the lady also liked you, she has 24 hrs to open dialog. So I extended it and she said Hey, How are you about 10 minutes later. I replied back after I got out of the movies, about an hour, and said great. How are you? She replied back tonight "same".

How does one follow up on this? This is the first time a lady has nothing else to say. I was going to ask her a question about something, then follow up with let's meet for drinks. I googled and it said one word answers, not a good sign.

Looking for advice on this one.

#nextset

Her fertility is failing her. Chad's are becoming less interested by the minute. New girls are turning 18.

It's win win.

Go get more baes.

One word reply? She's like a corpse in bed. Save yourself a bit of time and buy good hand lotion. Next set.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I think the bumble app is a bit wonky. I checked it again this morning and now it says Same. and then she said tough week how's your weekend. Nonetheless, I said good, and shot off the message that marmel75 suggested. She's 29, but doubtful I'd hear back if it takes her 24 hours to reply to the last message. From others on Bumble, they are either babbling or they say I'd like to get to know you better first, then ghost not long after.

We will see. This new era in online dating I guess is much more fast pace than before. Not desperate Red Legg, just re-learning the landscape.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the bumble app is a bit wonky. I checked it again this morning and now it says Same. and then she said tough week how's your weekend. Nonetheless, I said good, and shot off the message that marmel75 suggested. She's 29, but doubtful I'd hear back if it takes her 24 hours to reply to the last message. From others on Bumble, they are either babbling or they say I'd like to get to know you better first, then ghost not long after.

We will see. This new era in online dating I guess is much more fast pace than before. Not desperate Red Legg, just re-learning the landscape.
Its because they are not on there for actual dates just attention.

Ive had great successes on OKC and POF in the past.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its because they are not on there for actual dates just attention.

Ive had great successes on OKC and POF in the past.
This.

Some of these bishes have no friends because they suck at life so they just sit at home waiting to be validated by a bunch of AFCs on the dating apps. I’m not sure what their end game is but if it’s only to get off on the attention they receive then they must live a very sad life.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is nothing in their profile, then I comment about one of their pics.

Here is one from today:

Her: Hey There
Howie: Good morning Jill, your dog with one ear up and one down is almost as cute as you!
Her: Perfect Intro! He's the best. My road dog for 10yrs. How was your wknd? Do anything exciting?

-I stay away from the Hello, how are you, how is your day crap. Its boring as he11. Everybody does it. Try and point out something that taps their emotions/provides them enjoyment. In the case above I did so by mentioning her dog.

-When I get lame answers or a girl that doesn't want to do her part at keeping the conversation going I send a "hey, talking in person is much more fun....what's your number?" They either give me the number or ignore me.

-A girl with high interest will make it easy and she will put some effort into her replies.

-Don't invest too much in these girls. The majority of your conversations will go nowhere. Many are just there for the hit of dopamine they get from the free attention/validation.

I always ask myself.......how would she treat me if I was George Clooney? would she send lame replies? Would she show low investment? Would she be difficult to talk into going out? Hell no she wouldn't.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I asked her what marmel75, and she said yea, sure pretty fast. About an hour later I responded what's your cell? That was yesterday. Nothing yet. I will follow-up next week.