Just to know your name...

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I went sarging [lol@nick and his funny words] with my buddy and took it serious for the first time. And as I sat down with my canoli I saw an amazing girl walking by, out of the coffee shop, across the hallway in the mall. Following the 3sec rule I threw down my coat and began speed walking up to her. She was just at the door, leaving the mall, when I had caught up to her.

ME - Pardon me <thinking about the 3 hours I spent skimming ASF last night> I noticed you walking over yonder <silly gesture>, and I just had to know your name.
HBname - Her expression changed from one of exhaustion to joy as she said Oh my, err, I’m Mandy... <oddly enough she seemed genuinely interested> and you are?
ME - Anthony, its a pleasure to meet you as I took her hand, held it for a few moments. She saw my buddy leaning over his chair lookin @ us, and I continued: terribly sorry to make you the butt end of a bet, but my friend couldn’t' believe I'd chase a girl out of the mall just to know her name.
HBname - Well I’m glad you did...
ME - I’m sure you’ve done something this silly before, that feeling you get, being crazy and just going with your gut...

<small talk, she was about 5 yrs older than me [I’m 15, but look 17+], we chat for maybe 1 minute or less, and I exited myself from the situation, thins all positive, but I was very satisfied with what I had accomplished.>

ME - Well, it was wonderful meeting you, Mandy. Have a lovely night looking in her eyes and smiling, my hand lightly touching her arm, and sliding down to her waist, I gently squeezed, and then walked away, I’m a stupid ass for not closing, I KNOW she was staring @ me as I walked away, I didn’t hear her re-open the door to leave for 20 paces. I didn’t close because I was so in the moment, it happened so fast I just didn’t think. But oh well, I was more focused on the actions I took, than the successes I would/could have had.

I made this girls day by remembering a simple line from ASF, making an ass outa myself, and HAVING FUN WITH IT. This is my first post of this nature, donno what you fela’s usually include in a ‘Field Report’ but hey, your thoughts, cynicisms, bodily noises are all welcome.

------------------
The Performer
Anthony
AIM: KinoOI
E-mail: KinoOI@HotMail.com

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

[This message has been edited by KinoOI (edited 12-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by KinoOI (edited 12-02-2002).]

BrownDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice story Anthony. Made my crappy day a little better.