Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JonJaper's workout log

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT and Quik gave you some incredible advice. The meal schedule that EFFORT suggested is easy to execute and will get you great results. I'm around your height 5'8", and around 190 lbs w/ a 32" waist. I was your weight, 125 lbs, when I first started lifting...what a journey its been! I've trained w/ some insane athletes, made tens of thousands of dollars off my body, and am currently getting read to compete in my first body building show. I've been lifting for close to 13 years and can tell you the diet and consistency in following a diet is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT factor that will determine whether or not you acheive your goals.

Like you, I also have a busy schedule... I work in critical care and frequently work 60-70 hours a week. I can miss meal breaks if there is emergent stuff that needs to be taken care of, and I also work on call sometimes and do both day/night shifts... This combination really messes w/ sleep/dietary planning. I find having meals prepped and knowing what meals are equivalent is crucial. By meal equivalence I mean different combinations of meals that will give you a similar amount of macros. For example a steak, oatmeal and fruit may have the same amount of protein and calories as a weight gainer shake and some fruit.

Since you have classes consider drinking a weight gainer shake... These shakes will get you 700+ calories and 50+ g of protein. They're simple and convenient to use as a meal replacement. I'd also suggest you invest in a food scale... doesn't have to fancy, just a simple electronic food scale for like $30-40. Weigh out your meats/fish... and aim to take in AT LEAST 1 pound of meat per day...preferably fatty red meat. I personally love striploin steak. Ground beef, the lean/extra lean stuff works well too.

You need to get better at planning out your meals otherwise you're wasting your effort in the gym.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did 20 mins on the treadmill yesterday, running at around 70% max effort for 19minutes then running at 100% max effort for 1 min.

I also went to a bar yesterday for a friend's birthday and tore up the dancefloor, it was pretty tiring, I guess busting a move counts as cardio LOL.

I managed to get most of what I needed food-wise to incorporate what EFFORT and Quiksilver have suggested about my diet (sh*tload of chicken breasts, beef mince, brown rice, yams, eggs) but didn't have time to get food boxes, cool packs, and a water bottle which I'll do tomorrow.

In terms of supplements, in addition to the omega 3 fish oils, whey, creatine and tribulus I'm taking now, I'm considering a once-daily multivitamin and some other stuff to boost my testosterone naturally without roids (e.g. using an aromatase inhibitor, isoflavones like in 19-anabol testo or other herbal products like horny goat weed, maca root etc).

What do you guys think about natural (not roids) testosterone-boosting supplements? Do they work and is it worth it?

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was Leg + Abs day:

All exercises are performed with max intensity (unless it's a warmup), to failure if possible.

Warmup:
5 mins very light treadmill warmup to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 88 pounds, 10 reps, very light to warm up the legs

2 sets of max effort squats, 154 pounds, 7 reps (went to failure on the first and second set on the 7th rep). Going to increase weight next week.

1 set of leg press, 253 pounds, 7 reps to failure

2 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, 187 pounds, 7 reps, pulled my right trap muscle, FML!!. Will stay on same weight and decrease reps, paying more attention to form.

1 set of leg curl machine, 85 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

2 sets of standing calf raises (with a Smith machine and standing on a platform): 264 pounds, 10 reps to failure 1st set, went to failure on 8 reps in second set.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 71 pounds, 7 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 32 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

All numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on the modified diet for the 1st time today:

Breakfast: wholegrain cereal (oats), banana, milk, mixed nuts, peanut butter on toast

Mid-morning: 1 whole chicken breast, protein bar, apple

Lunch: supermarket pasta salad with chicken (600 cals, 23g of protein)

Late afternoon/post workout meal had to be combined due to the university schedule: 2 hardboiled eggs, protein shake, 1 whole chicken breast.

Later on, I'll be having:

Early evening: Noodles with chicken breast, one orange, pure white grape juice.

Dinner: spaghetti bolognese with a f*ckload of mince beef, milk.

I'm also making pan-fried yams in onion and butter tonight to accompany the chicken breast meals that I'm packing tomorrow.

If I stick to this, I will be taking in over 3000 calories, well above my daily requirement, which will mean muscle growth.

This diet is tough, I'm a small guy and finishing the meals has been hard, I feel nauseous and full, sometimes I couldn't finish a meal so I've had to wait for 20 mins, let my stomach settle then finish it. I almost threw up lol.

But, hey, it's worth the long-term benefits, plus I know my body will get used to it so my appetite will increase, and it will get easier.

The good things in life rarely come without hard work and effort.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Chest/tricep/shoulder day:

Warmup: 5 mins on the 'exercise bike for arms'.

2 warmup bench press sets (55 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 105 pounds, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure.

Incline dumbbell press: 39 pound dumbbells on each arm so 78 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 22 pounds assistance, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell press: 30 pound dummbells on each arm, so 60 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 9 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 38.5 pounds in total, 1 set, 7 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold (weight number, or rep number, signify increases + progression from last week).

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As an aside, I'm also going to cut down on my jerking-off, for self-discipline, to cut down on fatigue, low energy and to focus less on females so I can focus more on self-improvement...aka disregard females, acquire awesomeness.

After losing my virginity to hookers in mid-October I've automatically cut down on jerking off without trying to about once every 2-3 days (before it was at least twice a day), but now I want to stop completely for 1 month (i.e. the whole of November).

I didn't jerk off yesterday so today is Day 2 of the jerking-off challenge.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/bicep day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that 'exercise bike for arms'

2 warmup deadlift sets, 10 reps, 88 pounds

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 231 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 22 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure.

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 77 pounds, 7 reps with good form to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 132 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 60 pounds, 5 reps,

Seated hammer curls: 22 pounds on each arm so 44 pounds in total, 9 reps to failure...too light so I'm moving on to a heavier weight next week.

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

No jerk-off challenge continues...Day 3 so far

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy reading this journal. Good to see that you're focussed and doing what it takes. You're gonna blow a big ass load w/ the next girl you bang hahahah!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Fuglydude, I'm really surprised by my increases in strength with my legs this week! I think the new diet has made a massive difference...people forget how important diet is in muscle/strength building, they always think it's only about the gym.

Today was Leg + Abs day:

All exercises are performed with max intensity (unless it's a warmup), to failure if possible.

Warmup:

2 sets of max effort squats, 1st set = 165 pounds, 7 reps, wasn't intense enough so on the second set I went to 170 pounds, just about went to failure on the 7th rep, didn't feel intense enough. So...

Tried a set of 176 to test my limit, went to failure on the 4th rep. I'll stick to 170 pounds next week.

1 set of leg press, 275 pounds, 6 reps to failure

2 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, 198 pounds, 7 reps. Felt fine with no trap/back/shoulder pain. So much for the "stay on same weight" policy from last week haha!

1 set of leg curl on a machine, 95 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

3 sets of standing calf raises (with a Smith machine and standing on a platform): 264 pounds, 12 reps to failure 1st set,, second and third set was 270 pounds, went to failure on 9 reps in the second and third set.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 77 pounds, 6 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 33 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Day 7 of the no jerking-off challenge so far.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Chest/tricep/shoulder day:

Again, my tricep and shoulder strength has really improved, and I think it's due to the modified diet with all those eggs and chicken breasts!

Warmup: 5 mins on the 'exercise bike for arms'.

2 warmup bench press sets (66 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 105 pounds, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure. I've noticed I need to improve my form (I don't completely lower the bar down to my chest), so next week I'm lowering the weight to 94 pounds to nail the form. I think my poor form is the reason why I didn't improve my bench press from last week, I have to correct this mistake ASAP.

Incline dumbbell press: 44 pound dumbbells on each arm so 88 pounds in total , 2 sets, 5 reps to failure.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 18 pounds assistance (less assistance from machine = progress), 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Seated dumbbell press: 35 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 70 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 10 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press aka overhead tricep extension: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 44 pounds in total, 1 set, 5 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold (weight number, or rep number, signify increases + progression from last week).

Day 9 of the no jerk-off challenge so far...

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad news guys...last night I had a wet dream, in it I was f*cking two HBs (never seen them before, + they don't look like celebrities or anyone I know IRL, my mind just made them up I guess) and I jizzed everywhere LOL.

No jerk-off challenge has failed...

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, back to my workout haha.

Today was back/bicep day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that 'exercise bike for arms'

2 warmup deadlift sets, 10 reps, 88 pounds

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 1st set was 231 pounds, 7 reps, wasn't intense enough so went to 242 pounds on the 2nd set, 5 reps to failure.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 18 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure.

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 88 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 138 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 66 pounds, 5 reps

Seated hammer curls: 26 pounds on each arm so 52 pounds in total,8 reps to failure.

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
Bad news guys...last night I had a wet dream, in it I was f*cking two HBs (never seen them before, + they don't look like celebrities or anyone I know IRL, my mind just made them up I guess) and I jizzed everywhere LOL.

No jerk-off challenge has failed...
Hahaha! I don't think that counts as a failure of the no jerk-off challenge because you weren't actively spanking them monkey!! FUnny shiit tho!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Hahaha! I don't think that counts as a failure of the no jerk-off challenge because you weren't actively spanking them monkey!! FUnny shiit tho!
Lol well a wet dream means I jerked off in my sleep. Anyway, I considered it a failure and so have been jerking off once every 2-3days. I think a good aim would be once a week.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, my workout schedule has been a bit disrupted by university. This week, instead of legs on monday, chest on tuesday/wednesday and back on wednesday/thursday, I did legs on thursday (ie today), and I'm doing chest on friday and back/biceps on saturday, giving 6 days rest for each muscle group (so next week, my weights will be on wednesday, thursday and friday). So even with university getting in the way, I'm still satisying my workout goals this week.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was Leg + Abs day:

Warmup:

2 sets of max effort squats, 176 pounds, 6 reps

1 set of leg press, 210 pounds (on a different machine from last week so you can't compare), 6 reps to failure

2 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, 203 pounds, 6 reps.

1 set of leg curl on a machine, 100 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

3 sets of standing calf raises (with a Smith machine and standing on a platform): 275 pounds, 9 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 88 pounds, 8 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 38 pounds, 10 reps to failure.