Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ive asked this before. Joining the Army

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Joe, sorry to burst your little bubble, but you do realise it was Japan and Germany who declared war on the US, right?

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ohhh myyy goddd WHO CARES

listen man dont bother with this politics horseshiit and conspiracy theory people are pissing here. from me to you, listen to me now. go if its BEST FOR YOU. dont worry about whether george bush saw we needed oil and decided to declare a fuccking war over it (unlikely). just accept that you'll be fighting for your country, and if you feel its what you need at this point in your life (military life will change your perspective) then DO IT.

and PLEASE dont get dragged down in this bullshiit debate that has nothing to do with your decision.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think about joining the military alot too. I want adventure, see the world, be challenged, comraderie, etc. and I'm getting bored of sitting in classrooms, and feel like my youth is wasting away while I'm sitting there studying.

But on the other hand, I don't want to end up missing arms/legs, PTSD, etc. Plus, it seems like once you finally get out (which won't be for a while, the way things are going) you're 4-8 years behind everyone else in terms of education, jobs, etc. Somehow, I don't think putting "killing people" on your resume is going to land you a good career, unless you want to be a cop or something like that.

But it is still damn tempting after 5 straight hours of studying, and working your ass off to make tuition/book payments. :eek:

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dannowillbookem said:
listen man dont bother with this politics horseshiit and conspiracy theory people are pissing here. from me to you, listen to me now. go if its BEST FOR YOU.
There are 2 reasons why he would want to go to iraq
1. help his country and the war effort (whether the reasons for the war are good or not)
2. get the training/benefits/pay, IT IS A JOB!

To those that say he shouldn't go because it isn't an honest war and it would be worthless to go because of it, what if he wants to do it for the money and the training? There are a lot of people in Iraq that don't support the reasons for going to war but they are there because IT IS A JOB! Thousands work in Walmart/GAP outlets even if they detest the use of sweatshops by those companies, but then again they are not there to protest they are there working to make money.

I bet most of you bashing the war because you say the real reason is "to make greedy corporations richer," I bet you have shopped at Walmart, GAP or other places in your life where companies use dirty tactics such as sweatshops to enrich themselves. So you are hypocrites, we all are hypocrites.

I wanted to join to get the military training which is known for straightening out slackers and turning boys into men. It would do wonders for a lazy slob like me ;) but Im afraid of war and I don't know if I could kill someone so I wouldn't go. Although if Iraq wasn't the real life wild wild west it is now I would probably go. I might think about it a year or 2 from now if things have cooled down over there. I would go to Afghanistan where things are more calm but I dont think they let you chose where you get to go.

Just think about what is good for you and then make your decision.

Last edited:

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
There are 2 reasons why he would want to go to iraq
1. help his country and the war effort (whether the reasons for the war are good or not)
2. get the training/benefits/pay, IT IS A JOB!
exactly. dont let ted kennedy's most recent comments influence you between a life of straightlace/studying and a life of adventure/risk. politics is shiit, most of them are fake power hungry fools. focus on what you need.

im too young, but to be honest it sorta does look tempting.

Reaction score
dannowillbookem said:

listen man dont bother with this politics horseshiit and conspiracy theory people are pissing here. from me to you, listen to me now. go if its BEST FOR YOU. dont worry about whether george bush saw we needed oil and decided to declare a fuccking war over it (unlikely). just accept that you'll be fighting for your country, and if you feel its what you need at this point in your life (military life will change your perspective) then DO IT.

and PLEASE dont get dragged down in this bullshiit debate that has nothing to do with your decision.
Conspiracy theories?

Ever watch the news? It's the same **** we are repeating to him.

Just so I know, exactly which parts are conspiracy?
Killibng of civilians, roadside bombs, soldiers coming back with horrible wounds, contractors getting their share of Iraq to "rebuild" as they see fit.

Which part is the "conspiracy"? I would really like to know.

And as for it not being an honest war, I bet the guy will feel real good knowing he killed lots and lots of people all in the name of his country's corporations. Real good.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ssj245 said:
imagine the satisfaction you get from blowing a hole through those fu&kheads. All my anger would be released. Lol

I was thinking about it, from the perspect of it helping me more.
I think you need psychiatric help.

The idea of killing people to improve your own rock-bottom self-esteem, or as a way to 'get back' at people who've made you feel inferior throughout the years is motive that would echo resoundingly with the majority of twisted, psychopathic serial killers out there.